Looking for Bump Buddies! (due Early-Mid February 2013)

hope your gender scan went well butterfly, psyched to know what everyone here is having!
only 16 days until my gender scan.!:happydance:
everybody is still saying its gonna be a lil boy, so we'll see soon enough.
seems like bnb is pretty dead lately...:wacko:
i miss all my bump buddies, there is nobody to talk to..):

It has been awfully quiet here lately hasnt it?

Nothing major to report here... feeling good. yesterday am I woke to breakfast in bed :cloud9: and when I rolled over the baby was in a new position which felt like either it's butt or head was at the top of my uterus on the right. It was like a little softball under my skin haha! I made DH feel it, and he was hoping for movement... Still can't get the lo to respond to our touch just yet.
All day yesterday the baby was in an odd position, very stretchy and mildly uncomfortable for me.
Overall I've been feeling less movement than before. But larger ones when I do feel it.
And I've been having this weird sensation in my lower left groin from time to time. Mostly when I sit to pee... I can only describe it as a wooshing sensation, Like I am feeling my blood rushing through my vein/ artery in my groin. Anyone else feel this?

Other than that- The next few months are gonna fly by I think! Starting this week- we will be busy every Wednesday night doing something baby related until mid december.
This week is a HUGE consignment sale. And I mean HUGE! It's done twice a year, and is hosted in an auditorium center. There is everything from baby clothes, diapers, momma clothes, high chairs, car seats, cribs, pack and plays... the list goes on and on... And everything is gently pre loved, and drastically reduced in price.
So I have a list I am going in with in hopes to come out with an excellent haul of baby goods. :happydance:
After that it's Bradley classes every week (which my husband is SOOOOOO happy about... :dohh:) I honestly can't wait, but he... would rather watch paint dry I think.

And in other news- We were supposed to have an intro session at the birth center last week wednesday- but there were too many mammas delivering, so they had to cancel it :cry:
I was so upset.
I've told ya'll this before but I tried to get into an intro session in august- they didn't have any. so this was the first one they had avaliable. when they said it was canceled I was upset, but the worst part is they only do open group sessions wednesday evenings. The next open one was this week on the 12th. So that was outa the question because of the awesome sale. The following one- on the 19th. another wednesday... When we will be in our bradley classes. :growlmad:
So after a very dissapointing conversation with the birth place- I called my husband and bawled... The only other way we can get into this practice is to have a private intro/walk through- Which costs as much as an office visit ($75) during normal business hours.
After much deliberation of wether or not to go to the sale or the orientation class- we decided to pay for a private orientation. I called the office back, and their first open appt is OCTOBER 1!!!!! I nearly lost my mind. So now I have to wait another ENTIRE month (from when the other class was supposed to be) to get seen there.
I feel almost like with how hard it has been to get into this practice that it is a sign that we shouldn't deliver there. I know I'm probablly over reacting, but It's just insane that Ive been trying to get in since the beginning of august!
I know the reason I can't get in is because they are selective about who they take in, are good at what they do, and are the only center in our area. There is none other like it.
It's just so frustrating....
DH brought up the option of home delivery again... I just don't know about not having a single medical doctor or mid wife to help me. What if something happened like the cord was wrapped? or the baby came out hand first? We wouldn't know how to deal with that...
I'm going to email the Midwife I know of that does home births (who is currently attachment parenting and not accepting new patients until 2013) and see if she knows any other RNM who do home births in our area...

What's happening with you ladies!?

oh and yesterday I pulled a mango out of the fridge and put it on my belly and said "hunny- look! the baby's this big right now!" we both giggled. :laugh1:

Anyone else getting any kicks/punches that make you jump when it happens? I have been getting them for a few days now and it's so weird! I wish DH could feel them, but not yet...

no, not yet ):
just little ones that feel like i'm being flicked but inside my belly lol.
congrats :) i can't wait to feel mine.

didn't you have your gender scan love? How'd it go?

not yet, still 9 days to go ):
it feels like forever.
are ya'll still team yellowing it?

Yeppers! Till the end :nod:

9 days eh? you must be just beside youself with excitement! (hope you and BF get sorted... :-/)

good luck :)
any names picked out?
and yes i'm getting desperate to know though lol, and can't seem to find anything to do to speed up time.
everyday seems to drag by. .:dohh:
and i dont quite get the last part of your comment dear. maybe i'm just a little slow today, haha pregnancy brain :p

ROTFL I think I thought you were another member! :shy: my bad!
Yea we have a few names picked out. but nothing "Final" Do you>?

only 1 for each gender lol.
husband was set on keylee for our LO if its a girl, but we recently found out that my cousin named her DD that and she is now 7 months old. lol :dohh:
i'm not really too keen on either of our names right now though. i keep wanting to change it.

yea there are none that just scream PICK ME!!! so who knows what we will end up with. 20 more weeks (give or take!) to narrow it down for us lol!

i'm still here, haha.
impatiently awaiting my anatomy scan. :haha:
how are you feeling these days?
we should post bump pics to compare!! just an idea:blush:

I'm here! We found out we are excitedly expecting a boy! I've been feeling lots of kicks but nothing that totally startles me!

Premomt - good for you sticking with team yellow! That would be really tough but way worth it!

MrsBabyBump - what's your boy name?

Colton Layne as of right now, still looking though.
it seems to be getting popular >:l
congrats on your blue bundle! :)

Would you use Cole as a short form? I really like that name! Our last name ends in 'en' but we find ourselves drawn to names like Weston and Warren, not the end of the world but a bit more of a mouthful lol

Would you use Cole as a short form? I really like that name! Our last name ends in 'en' but we find ourselves drawn to names like Weston and Warren, not the end of the world but a bit more of a mouthful lol

i'm not big on cole as my husband's aunt has a 14 yr old son named that but spelt coal. lol
i like the names with 'en' and 'on'endings also :)

Oh wow! Congrats on :blue: Country! How exciting!Have you picked a name yet?
Not long for you now Mrs!!!

I've still got another week before our "20 week" anatomy scan. We will NOT be finding out (as long as the LO doesn't want to show us right off IUKWIM!)

News with me- Yesterday was the first time I felt baby kick on the outside! We had gone downtown into Charleston and walked around for 5+hours and when we came home I needed to lie down. I went in to the bedroom and did so, and was lying on my right side with my left hip hitched up a bit watching TV with my left arm resting over my abdomen.
I felt baby move on the inside (which is nothing new...) and- though at the moment it was disconnected (I though I had a arm spazam lol!) my hand jumped at the same time! I thought a second about it, and realized that it could have been movement felt on the outside- so I waited and it happened again!
I called for DH to come quickly, and he did (not knowing what was wrong lol...) and I had him lie down and place his hand where I had felt the kick- but he got nothing He said the baby probablly quieted down cause I yelled LOL...

So neat to make the connection of feeling inside and outside at the same time!

And Mrs- I posted bump pics in my journal last week, I'll see if I can copy em over here. :flower:

not long at all! 3 days:happydance:
and that is so awesome! i can't wait to feel the outside kicks, neither can DH.
i feel the one's inside all the time as you said. and i can tell they are getting stronger :)
i'll go ahead and post my 20 week picture then, you ladies can let me know how you think i'm coming along.:flower:
if you can't copy them i'll go have another look see at your journal :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"