Looking for experience of ttc after implant

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
Hi, I had my implant removed almost 3 weeks ago. I had really bad cramping for the first week and expected to bleed but nothing. I haven’t ovulated and still no af. I’m hoping Af comes soon as we are desperate to start the cycle and start tracking, but no signs of anything. So frustrating. I feel like each cycle of waiting is hard enough never mind having to go through weeks of wasted time before getting to a cycle.

Any experience of coming off the implant please from you lovely lucky ladies?

Thank you x

It took a good 8 weeks for mine to come back I only had it in for 9 months though

My friend is going through this as well. Her periods were all off and sometimes never came. Sometimes it can take months to get back to normal her doctor told her. Dont let that get you down tho! Her cycles tend to be off sometimes anyways. Call your doctor and see what they say. Her doctor even recommended going on a pill again to try and get regular, but she wasnt up for that wait!

Thank you for your replies. I guess I’ll just wait abit longer. I heard evening primrose May help regulate so I’ll be ordered some of those to try. It’s such a mystery, some women s fertilities return straight away and some months later. I suppose it’s all a waiting game

Had my implant out in Aug 2017 after 3 years. Period came after 6 weeks. We didn't TTC as such. Then we stopped for Oct/ Nov/Dec due to a pre booked holiday.
Had a period beginning Jan, then 4 days of spotting in beginning of Feb. Got BFP beginning of March.
Currently 7+2 weeks
Good luck xx

ETA- i didn't have a period at all in the 3 years of implant xx

When I had the implant out when ttc DS2 I got a period a few weeks (within four weeks I think, it may have been earlier, I can't remember!) after its removal. I also got every pregnancy symptom under the sun and was convinced we were pregnant! Just pesky hormones adjusting. However, third cycle in, we were pregnant and my cycles had been 28 days each time, which was the first time I had been regular

It took about 8 weeks for my periods to come back and were really irregular up until i got pregnant 11 months later x so even if your periods are irregular you still ovulate x had implant for 9 months x

implant as in implenon (in the arm) or IUD? Sorry i'm a little confused since being from the States our terminology may be different

Hey! Ok so I got my implant out last month and just got my bfp. I did have AF about three days after my implant was removed. Some people get pregnant within HOURS of the implant being removed.... maybe take a test just to see? In general I think having the bleed immediately after stopping birth control (the shot or the pill) is pretty common. Since you DIDNT bleed I wonder if maybe you conceived before the bleed?

Side note- I have NO clue when I ovulated. I don’t test or anything, I note CM on FF and kinda guess based on that and FFs prediction. We BDd like every day the week after AF.

I’m not sure if this helps at all. I hated the implant. I was bleeding constantly on it. �� it was so nice to get it OUT!

Implant is the one in then arm- Implanon or nexplanon... depending on when you got it.

My friend is going through this as well. Her periods were all off and sometimes never came. Sometimes it can take months to get back to normal her doctor told her. Dont let that get you down tho! Her cycles tend to be off sometimes anyways. Call your doctor and see what they say. Her doctor even recommended going on a pill again to try and get regular, but she wasnt up for that wait!

When I Came off depo (the shot) I went on the pill for 4-5 months to regulate and got BFP the first month off the pill. I think the pill does help to regulate. I would try that!

Thank you all for the replies.

A few positive stories, so that’s good. Doctor said I should be firing all cylinders as soon as it’s out (but we all know they say different things to different people, and obviously it seems it takes some people momeths until they ovulate again after removal)
Tested negative with FRER yesterday so I think I’m still waiting for ovulation and AF

Thank you all for the replies.

A few positive stories, so that’s good. Doctor said I should be firing all cylinders as soon as it’s out (but we all know they say different things to different people, and obviously it seems it takes some people momeths until they ovulate again after removal)
Tested negative with FRER yesterday so I think I’m still waiting for ovulation and AF

How are things going for you now twinkle93? I have had the Nexplanon implant for almost 6 years total and I am getting it removed in 2 weeks so my hubby and I can TTC. Any tips, experiences, or other advice? Getting anxious already!

I was on Nexplanon I had it removed on 12th March and got my period 3 days later. We waited one cycle whilst I had a smear test then started trying the following cycle. Fell pregnant on first cycle and am now 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant

I didn’t get my period for 2 month so took norethisterone to induce period. It worked, ovulated 14 days later and bam BFP first go 🙈 my partner did say if we want to start trying we have to be ready because first try babies seem to run in his family haha I never ever could have imagined it would happen to me. Very lucky. I’m now 6wk+4

I know this is a bit of an old thread.. But I had implant/implanon out on the 4th of June and still waiting to ov :( no bleeding at all either.
I've started taking pregnacare, omega oils, evening primrose oil and a mixed one with magnesium and b vitamins that are meant to balance hormones. I very quickly got some ewcm after starting those and I think my opk's were darker than they have been today so hoping tomorrow will bring something more exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->