Looking for "green" parents and parents-to-be

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a thread on here about eco baby issues so thought I'd see whether anybody's interested. It would be nice to talk to some other mums and mums to be who live green a lifestyle and are planning to bring up their children with a minimum impact on the environment. Get in touch if this is you!

Hiya Colsy! Ill be a green mum to be issue talker with you!!

Hi Honey, nice to hear from you. Ha, I can't think of anything to talk about now I've set up this thread! Oh, I know: have you got Janey Lee Grace's book 'Imperfectly Natural Baby and Toddler'? Full of fab eco-friendly ways of bringing up baby. It's my bath-time bible now! (Plus I bought it second hand, for less than four quid, which makes it even better.)

I looked on ebay for one yesterday!! how weird!!

is it good?

I'm not huge on green issues, but do use cloth nappies and planning to use organic food, will be teaching baby signing, etc. So I'm more of a 'natural parent' I guess :)

I guess i probably would come under more of that category - Ill be trying my hardest though to be green too :)

I looked on ebay for one yesterday!! how weird!!

is it good?

It's seriously good. I also have her 'Imperfectly natural woman' book, which is also great. She lives a lifestyle very much like mine, so to me reading the book is just like having myself talk to me, if you see what I mean. She doesn't hold back about things she's passionate about, and if she disagrees with something she'll bloody well say so. (Ha, very like me!!!)

By the way, if you don't find one on ebay, check out my absol fave website: www.greenmetropolis.com. You can buy and sell books and it's soooo easy to use. I've made nearly a hundred quid from selling books on it. Admittedly I've spent it all on more books, but even so it's worth using.

I'm not huge on green issues, but do use cloth nappies and planning to use organic food, will be teaching baby signing, etc. So I'm more of a 'natural parent' I guess :)

Hi Rafwife, well natural parent is better than not green at all ain't it? Do you have a fave sort of cloth nappies? Have you tried various sorts or just the one? I've heard of people buying zillions of different types and really loving some but hating others. Be v interested to hear your views.

oh wow!! I never knew about that!! Possibly my new favourite site!

hi ladies, i try and be as green as i can too. i have also got my stash of cloth nappies-i brought some newborn size bambino mio and i have a drawer full of bigger ones that i got given by someone on freecycle. i brought some little muslin squares to use for nappy changes! A lot of our stuff has been given to us-especially the bigger things like cribs,chair,swing,clothes!!

love the book site going to have a good mooch about there!!

Hello. I plan to be a green mommy as well. Are you doing cloth diapers?

Too right, I'll be using cloth nappies (diapers)! I've been reading up as well on "soaking" them without actually using any water. I know that sounds a bit weird, but basically you put them a bucket with tea-tree oil for a day or so and then just bung them all in the washing machine, so saving all that water that you might have used in soaking the nappies first. I shall keep you posted once I've found out more ...

oooh, good tip! We will definitely be using cloth nappies too. I heard bambino mio ones are good

i have the bambino mio ones!! that book about the imperfectly natural baby-the author has a website which has a forum and i was having a mooch around and there is a pregnancy and baby section and it was in there i was reading about dry pailing-and it sounds so much more appealing than putting the water and sanitizer in the bucket :sick:

that book about the imperfectly natural baby-the author has a website which has a forum and i was having a mooch around and there is a pregnancy and baby section and it was in there i was reading about dry pailing-and it sounds so much more appealing than putting the water and sanitizer in the bucket

That's exactly where I found out about the non-soak method. I SAID it was a good book:)

Hi girls, i don't know if you have seen this section we have, it is kind of hidden away now, it was popular when we first started
https://www.babyandbump.com/eco-friendly-products-services/
you might pick up some hints/tips or you could always post things you use, would be fab to get it rolling again I think :)

that book about the imperfectly natural baby-the author has a website which has a forum and i was having a mooch around and there is a pregnancy and baby section and it was in there i was reading about dry pailing-and it sounds so much more appealing than putting the water and sanitizer in the bucket

That's exactly where I found out about the non-soak method. I SAID it was a good book:)
I always used dry pailing with Jacks nappy, far better I think and as long as you don't leave them days they don't smell, you can get little freshners to put in the buckets

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->