• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

this is such a crazy/exciting/scary process, good luck to everyone!!:dust:

my last day of BC is on Friday; I should get AF within 3 days of stopping the pill. Baseline will be on CD 2 of AF but not later than June 12th. I should start Gonal F that day (day of baseline)
:happydance:

yup. day 3 of menopur and lupron in the am and gonal in the pm. all good after i straightened out the doses (stupid nurse wrote them down backwards). now im just freakingout over whether i have been doing the wrong lupron dose or not.. waiting to hear back from the RE. tomorrow is blood tests and sonohysterogram

How did everything go today?

Last bcp is tomorrow and stims start Thursday. Finally!!! It feels like I've been waiting forever and a day.

Drsquid, what a pain!! Did they get anything right on your dosages? That nurse sounds like she's got some stress going on or something. Hope you've been on the right dose of lupron.

My last BCP was today. They had originally scheduled it to be on tuesday but I only had enough active pills through today and they said that would be fine. I go in On tuesday for a US and BW and I start stims on saturday. We will be so close in our cycle! How exciting! What meds will you be taking?

I will be on Gonal-F and Menopur, then Ganirelix in a week or so after starting stims. My trigger is yet to be determined depending on E2 levels.

Strange, you end bcp before me but I stim before you. Lol. What about your protocol?

noasaint: I just notices you are on the same protocol as I am. I'm a couple of weeks behind you! good luck!!!! how's the Gonal F?

Last bcp is tomorrow and stims start Thursday. Finally!!! It feels like I've been waiting forever and a day.

Drsquid, what a pain!! Did they get anything right on your dosages? That nurse sounds like she's got some stress going on or something. Hope you've been on the right dose of lupron.

My last BCP was today. They had originally scheduled it to be on tuesday but I only had enough active pills through today and they said that would be fine. I go in On tuesday for a US and BW and I start stims on saturday. We will be so close in our cycle! How exciting! What meds will you be taking?

I will be on Gonal-F and Menopur, then Ganirelix in a week or so after starting stims. My trigger is yet to be determined depending on E2 levels.

Strange, you end bcp before me but I stim before you. Lol. What about your protocol?

Technically on my protocol I would have been ending my bcp tomorrow and starting my stims 2 days after you. Not a big difference. My protocol is bravelle, menopur and lupron. I go in after 3 days and then it says next dose pending. I guess they want to check how I am responding and go from there. I also have doxycycline and medrol but I'm not sure when I take that. They left the rest of my chart blank except for the possible retrieval date which is 6/21.

noasaint: I just notices you are on the same protocol as I am. I'm a couple of weeks behind you! good luck!!!! how's the Gonal F?

It's not bad actually. It rarely hurts. I do get weepy but it's not uncontrollable. Over all I like it but I have no comparison since it's the only injectable I've ever been on. Glad we're close in cycles!

Technically on my protocol I would have been ending my bcp tomorrow and starting my stims 2 days after you. Not a big difference. My protocol is bravelle, menopur and lupron. I go in after 3 days and then it says next dose pending. I guess they want to check how I am responding and go from there. I also have doxycycline and medrol but I'm not sure when I take that. They left the rest of my chart blank except for the possible retrieval date which is 6/21.

The doxycycline is for about a week before the ER and a few after. DH got it too but he starts before me. Medrol is the day of ER and after. It supposedly helps the uterus to not reject the embryo I believe.

I thought Bravelle and Menopur were the same but I must be mistaken. My paperwork shows only either or, not both for the instructions. Most of my calendar is complete thankfully but I still manage to have questions. LOL.

It's not bad actually. It rarely hurts. I do get weepy but it's not uncontrollable. Over all I like it but I have no comparison since it's the only injectable I've ever been on. Glad we're close in cycles!

The doxycycline is for about a week before the ER and a few after. DH got it too but he starts before me. Medrol is the day of ER and after. It supposedly helps the uterus to not reject the embryo I believe.

I thought Bravelle and Menopur were the same but I must be mistaken. My paperwork shows only either or, not both for the instructions. Most of my calendar is complete thankfully but I still manage to have questions. LOL.

Yes the Medrol lowers your immune system giving the embryo a better chance of not being fought off by your body trying to reject something that it thinks doesn't belong.

Good to know, thanks ladies. There are so many medications it's hard to keep up with.

had the sonohysterogram today.. wasnt too bad then but super crampy after.. bloaty and ick now. everything looked good.. doc wanted me to come back weds... begged for thursday which he agreed to but now im paranoid that going thursday will be too late.. sent poor doc an email asking him that poor guy. for now my doses arent going to change which makes me worry that im stimming slow (he said that i could wait til thurs if i was) forgot to ask for my e2.

Good to know, thanks ladies. There are so many medications it's hard to keep up with.

You aren't kidding!!!! Poor DH doesn't pay attention to the meds at all, he gets too confused. He just knows how to give the injections.

had the sonohysterogram today.. wasnt too bad then but super crampy after.. bloaty and ick now. everything looked good.. doc wanted me to come back weds... begged for thursday which he agreed to but now im paranoid that going thursday will be too late.. sent poor doc an email asking him that poor guy. for now my doses arent going to change which makes me worry that im stimming slow (he said that i could wait til thurs if i was) forgot to ask for my e2.

Glad it's over!! Sorry about the ick and bloat though. That crampy feeling is no fun. I'm sure Thurs is fine, you are very lucky your FS is flexible. Mine won't bend of budge at all.

noasaint- mine responds to email and texts. he is pretty cool. he also knows i ultrasound my self at work etc. mine is a super small group and very individualized (only 2 docs and you only see your doc). he is super flexible

Apologies for copying and pasting but I didn't want to forget anything. Our plan of the 1st week of July has some issues because if we run into the 4th for ER our fertility center will be staffed but urologist probably won't be so that causes problems if we need a TESE. Also the beta tests (if I end of pregnant) would run into our cruise. Our nurse said if we were vacationing on land it would be ok because we could get the beta done at another hospital but we'll be on a ship so that isn't possible. I did my begging again and asked if there was any way to push it forward another week (end of June) and again the fertility clinic says that will be fine but our urologist had give them the dates for TESE July-September. Our last meeting with the urologist he said he just wanted to wait at least 3 months and June 21 would be the 3 month mark so our nurse said she would call them and ask if these dates would be ok. More waiting for me. Praying the urologist is agreeable to the new dates I just have a sinking feeling they won't be as flexible as our fertility clinic. I would love to get started right away but if not at least I know I tried everything!

Apologies for copying and pasting but I didn't want to forget anything. Our plan of the 1st week of July has some issues because if we run into the 4th for ER our fertility center will be staffed but urologist probably won't be so that causes problems if we need a TESE. Also the beta tests (if I end of pregnant) would run into our cruise. Our nurse said if we were vacationing on land it would be ok because we could get the beta done at another hospital but we'll be on a ship so that isn't possible. I did my begging again and asked if there was any way to push it forward another week (end of June) and again the fertility clinic says that will be fine but our urologist had give them the dates for TESE July-September. Our last meeting with the urologist he said he just wanted to wait at least 3 months and June 21 would be the 3 month mark so our nurse said she would call them and ask if these dates would be ok. More waiting for me. Praying the urologist is agreeable to the new dates I just have a sinking feeling they won't be as flexible as our fertility clinic. I would love to get started right away but if not at least I know I tried everything!

Good luck raelynn!!!! Sounds like the timing has to be practically perfect so I am crossing fingers for you.

Tomorrow is my baseline u/s and I start stims tomorrow night. Unfortunately I have to driive a long way very early due to a schedule mix up at the office I normally go to. I hope my own ER is on time, I'm not quite sure what to say to my boss if it changes since I had planned a week off for it all.

raelynn, noasaint, it sounds like both your timing has to be "perfect". Crazy to think that we have to go through so much planning plus we have to go through the whole IVF process itself. I hope it all works for you both!! I just canceled a trip overseas for work that was going to happen on July 10th for 4 days (my EG should be around end of June). My clinic advised I didn't take the trip in case they needed to monitor me, but they gave me the choice to make the decision. I decided not to go. I don't want to do anything that would affect the results. My boss was cool about it :) thank God!

I have my last BC pill tomorrow but I have been spotting. I called the nurse and she said if I continue to spot on Saturday, to call them and come for baseline ultra sound on Sunday :) it is getting closer and closer!!!

went over and got labs drawn and go back at 11 for us (im working across the street so... no biggie) asked them to call and let me know if they are running late cause i cant really sit and wait when im supposed to be working. not gonna be home for my shot tonight so i drew up the usual dose and figure ill adjust accordingly. got crap for putting the syringe in the fridge (my bad, i didnt cover it). apparently it is supposed to go in the locked medication fridge labeled etc. eh, i just put it in a plastic bag instead. the ultrasound techs all know what im doing anyway so.. no biggie.

Drsquid- You gotta do what you gotta do right? That is nice you work so close! I'm about 30-40 minutes from my clinic which really isnt that bad but having to be there at 8:30am and find a sitter for the little one makes it a little difficult. It will definitely be tricky next week when im going in every other day or close to that!

wanna b a mom- How exciting! You are right behind me! I just had my last pill on the 6/3. It seems to be going by pretty quickly and I am so thankful for that!

just had my day 7 of stims us.. measured at least 6 or so follicles on each side. largest was 17mm. starting to get kinda sore in my ovaries. stripe is 1.1 cm. go back tomorrow and sat for blood work and us then egg retrieval mon or tues (hoping monday). i asked him before he started whether i should pretend i had no idea what was going on (because of the us ive done at work). on my way out the door he said, be sure to update me on what the followup us shows =)

just had my day 7 of stims us.. measured at least 6 or so follicles on each side. largest was 17mm. starting to get kinda sore in my ovaries. stripe is 1.1 cm. go back tomorrow and sat for blood work and us then egg retrieval mon or tues (hoping monday). i asked him before he started whether i should pretend i had no idea what was going on (because of the us ive done at work). on my way out the door he said, be sure to update me on what the followup us shows =)

LOL, your FS sounds humurous. Sounds like you are moving right along. Wow, ER is coming quickly for you!!!

Got the call from the ART nurse this afternoon (thankfully the nice one). She said I had "a lot" of antral follicles but didn't give me a number. Because of this I'm going back in one day early so on Sunday.Didn't get my E2 level or anything. Glad she reminded me DH has to start his antibiotics Saturday because I completely forgot. I've also forgotten if I will be doing Vivelle dot patches with Ovidrel or Lupron trigger. I'll have to ask yet again on Sunday I suppose. I'll be ordering the rest of my meds Monday for sure. And more good news, they already had the results from my thyroid test and it's within range. Whew.

Get this.....my lupron trigger is coming from a small mail order pharmacy that does it cheap for my RE. They won't leave it on the front step!!! It's packed in ice but she said that I have to go to Fedex and pick it up or have it delivered to work (no way, I work in a building with 1000 people). Looks like I'll be stalking Fedex Tuesday on my lunch break. And this is just a precaution because I may not even be doing the lupron trigger, I might be doing Ovidrel depending on my E2 levels.

Nosaint all my meds got delivered. They were actually really good. The pharmacy rang and discussed how it would be packaged and labelled, who could sign for it and how to store it. It was fine.

So slight change in my plans! Made a crazy rash decision and cancelled my IVF cycle that was set to begin tomorrow and switched clinics. :wacko::wacko:

So my new plan is to go back on BCP's next week for about 2 weeks and then start a flare protocol beginning 6/26 - so my expected retrieval date will be the week of July 8th.

Excited about the possibilities with this this clinic and very excited to follow everyone's progress this month! We've been a little short on the IVF Success page so need to make some new additions this month! :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->