Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Sorry about your experience roxane. I don't blame you, I would want another scan too. Seeing the face profile was such a great moment for us and you should get that. Would you be willing to pay for a private scan?

Not much going on here. MS still sticking around a couple of times a week. Vacation starts tomorrow and I really need the break from work. Can't believe I am 16 weeks, still not showing. My normally oily skin is now dry and my hair is doing weird things. My hair color didn't take well and it went from dry to oily. One week and 2 days till we find out the gender!

noasaint, I am sooo willing to go to a private scan, but found two places here in ottawa and they both only take people after 20 weeks.. So by then I will have my gender scan!! arghhh!! :(

Hey, so soon we will find out the sex of your baby!!! :)

rox- bummer im sorry. was the thing you were worried about on that pic? cause i dont see anything. baby has a spine that i can see =)

No its not on the picture it was like a second sac beside the one with baby

hrm... could be a failed twin, could be a small subchorionic hemorrhage, could be artifact. cant really tell without looking. itll likely be in the report. jsut ask your doc for the full report. mine immediately emailed me (without asking) the full report of my anatomy scan

hey girls! :hi:

drsquid, great news on the amnio test!

roxane, I'm sorry the scan was a bad experience. I agree w drsquid about calling the doctor to get the results, but I also think I would want to see a nice scan of my baby... sorry hun :( but think that in 3 more weeks you'll get another chance at getting a nice scan ;)

noasaint, sorry for the ms :( question: did you get your hair colored? I want to do mine but I'm scared to do it... what's your suggestion?

Question ladies: I am confused as to what test to get done: the amnio at 16 weeks (or so) or the integrated screen? (the one that takes blood samples and us at 12 weeks and around 18 weeks). What are the pros and cons? suggestions? I was just going to do the integrated screen test but now I'm not sure...:shrug:

I have a 3D scan booked on November 2, I'll be 18 weeks so it should be alot better!!:)
My dr did not call me so that means all is good because I called last week and the secretary said if theres anything he'll call if not then he'll go over the report with me at my next appointment on the 24th..

I colored my hair about a week ago, so when I was passed 12 weeks!

My opinion is I wouldnt do the amnio, for me there is too much risk, I wouldnt want to risk it cause it doesnt change anything anyhow for me! That's my opinion! It's totally personnal choice!

thanks!! :hugs:

I know, I was thinking the same thing regarding the amnio. So did you do the other tests? I have an appointment this week to do the first part of the Integrated Screen.... pretty much to get the us! ;)
Hmm.... I'm going to wait until this weekend to get my hair done.... I think it should be ok, right?

Yeh, we ended up doing the screening just to get the us.. but like mentionned above, should of just insisted on a normal us because all she did is do the measurments and that was it! But anyways, I'm going for my second blood test on the 17th..

Yeh this weekend should be fine, I was at the hair dresser so its a well ventilated place and I asked her to put a plastic over my head during the wait time so I dont have all the fumes coming in my face and it was fine, as long as you don't get a headach from the fumes it means its fine, I think! My dr had said to just wait after first tri but that there was nothing to say there was a danger but he was just like, might as well wait, I was 9 weeks when I asked him!

Roxane - hassle them for answers!
Wannabe- I had the nt scan and bloods done at 12 weeks. They asked loads of questions then 2 days later I got a risk figure back. Mine was 1/7500 so I figured I wouldn't risk an amnio as there is a risk of mc (1/100). Hope that helps a bit. To be honest I really don't know what I wouldve done with bad figures - I was getting all worked up thinking "what if" and my mw just said take 1 step at a time. Do the nt test, get the result and weigh that up.

Hope everybody is doing ok.

In the past 2 weeks my belly has telly started to pop out! Still joy feeling anything Definite but have an anterior placenta so won't feel things as quick :( WHo is finding out pink or blue? I've stayed yellow.

Im staying yellow as well its official me and DH have decided that this weekend! Yikes!!

Hi ladies!!!

Congrats on 13 weeks roxane!

Wana, I use semi perm hair color normally but since it didn't take well and I don't have tons of grays I'm going to go permanent and just spot dye next time. I did wait till after the first trimester and left it on maybe 15 minutes and walked around the house so I wasn't cooped up in the bathroom.

So now I'm wondering why I didn't get a risk factor after my NT testing. All I got was "it was normal." I was told at my first appnt it's 1/150 because of my age. Guess I need to get a copy of the results for myself. I'm really not happy with the office staff at all and am considering changing just for that reason.

Wish I could be team yellow but I just can't. If my mom and my in laws didn't call every few days and ask I'd probably hold out longer but I just want them to leave us alone already.

Had my 16 week checkup today and 2nd part of screening test along with an early glucose test. I have to say, the orange drink isn't bad at all. It's just like Sunkist orange soda and maybe 8 to 10 oz. I definitely thought it would be worse. I'll know friday if I passed. Little bean is doing well with a HB of 140. One more week and we find out the gender so I'm very excited.

Now for the pissy part. The dr ofice had my due date wrong!!! The nurse would not listen to me either when I kept telling her I did IVF and was positive of my due date. She even asked the date of my last period and I told her and she said nope, our chart is right. I said no it's not! Then she was rude when I asked if we were doing the 2nd part of the screening today, she ignored me the first time then 2nd time snapped "I heard you." UGH. So she told me the dr would have to speak to me about why I think my due date is wrong. Get this...............they had my baby due on my ex husband's birthday. Not a good way to start my morning. So I got it all squared away finally and my due date has been corrected. Between the rude nurse and the fiasco from two weeks ago when no one called me back after calling for 4 days I'm very frustrated and ready to change. The problem is, the other OB office near me and work delivers at a different hospital :( I wonder if calling the office manager and complaining would do anything at all. I love the doctors but their staff is ridiculous.

So sorry your nurse was such a B****!! God we were so well treated at the fertility clinics huh!! Starting to think we saw the best pictures so now we get hit in the face with all these rude people who don't know what we went thru!
Glad baby is going good though!!:) And glad you liked the orange stuff hehe!! I'm sure ill like it too because I love orange crush!!! hehe!!
And omg its your gender scan next week!?! When is it exactly? This is crazy!! :) Can't wait for updates!! I say boy!!

Nosaint- you don't need them stressing you out- they are supposed to ease any stress!!!! Do you have to stick to the hospital the drs want? I got a report through from my nt scan. I was relieved because thought because Im 37 my risk was higher.

Should post our scan pics and have a group guess on genders! ( if I can work out how to put mine on with my phone!)

Roxane, no my anatomy scan isn't for another 4 weeks. We see a perinatologist next week to check the baby's heart (my bro had a heart condition and died early) and we are going to ask to find out the gender at that time.

Lindy, that's a good idea. I'll most certainly post one after next week's appnt. And yes, we have to use the hospital the doctor uses. They are in different counties too which makes a big difference here. I may have to just stick it out and be a complete pain to the office staff.

Oh noasaint, I am sorry you had a bad experience at the doctor's office. I would def complain to someone, OMG who do they think they are? they are nurses and they have to love their job and have patience with their patients, be nice and have open minds, and ears wide open too to listen to their patients and understand what they are saying! she obviously has no clue and is plain rude. I would call the office and let them know what happened. They are not doing you any favors! it's your chart, it is your baby and thanks to you they have a job. Ugg I'm so mad for you :growlmad:

I'm going to my scan on Wednesday. New doctor and new everything as we just moved to FL this weekend. I hope I like them and they are nice. I'm also nervous about the scan. I haven't seen the babies since Sept 11th and I am so scared. I hope everything is fine!!

Oh that's right Wana, you moved closer to me :) are you enjoying the weather? Still a bit too warm for my taste but we finally have a breeze. Hope you like the new OB, I'm sure everything will be great with the little ones. Are you doing the NT screening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->