Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

i have to go shopping. the underside of my belly is now hanging out of everything

hey girls!!! :hi:

I've been MIA for a while (busy at work). Where are all the bump pictures? I have to take one also... this week I feel like I'm really showing a belly... I look like I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I'm only 15!! today I really felt like the belly grew, literally, overnight... so strange...

question: have you all tried the pregnancy pillow? https://www.target.com/p/boppy-total-body-pillow/-/A-12891814?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|12891814&CPNG=Bedding&kpid=12891814&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=12891814 I wonder if it helps...

someone gave me the snoogle. i dunno if i woulda bought one but... it is really nice

I did not try it but Id love to have one!

so just had my ob appointment.. theres good and bad news(or should I say, undecided news that will worry me for the next 3-4 weeks).. so good news is that we are at very very low risk of DS and trisomy.. 1:100000 so thats good but the worryness starts when my dr said theres a little chance of spina bifida!! He said we'll do a scan in a few weeks to see for sure but he said he sees that results come up very often and none of these babies really ended up having spina bifida.. ok so why do you tell me this then? do you not know I will get my self sick over this maybe for nothing.. ughhhh!!!

I've got a sleep genie (think that's what it's called it's like a sausage) It is comfy but there is a flat bit of material and then another cushion to support your back and it is great to start with but when I want to turn over in the night the back support stops me so I har to rearrange the pillow. As I'm not sleeping much that drives me nuts!

thank you ladies, I think I am going to give it a try... I think it's worth to try? :shrug:

roxane, I am sorry you are worrying now :nope:... that is pretty scary, but try to listen to what the doctor said regarding not many people they originally had under radar, ended up being positive for spina bifida... I think the doctor has to tell you but it doesn't mean your baby will have it. I hear you though, I know I would also be worrying... hey, there is nothing you can do right now, so try to stay positive. Massive hugs your way! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Roxanne - does team blue mean you are having a boy? I didn't know you could find out so early! That's amazing!!!

Yes we are!! :) We had a detailed scan at 18 weeks to see if the baby had spina bifida and yay, he doesn't baby is perfectly healthy and moving like crazy in there :)

here's the most recent pictures of our baby boy!! :)

Attachments

• 18-baby.jpg
    18-baby.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
Roxane! congratulations!!!!!! and I'm so happy to read that the baby is doing fine! such a huge relief!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
picture is perfect too! such a handsome little boy already! congrats!!

Now the one worrying is me. Yesterday the nurse called telling me I am positive for down syndrome :( I was devastated. She assured me that it doesn't mean the babies have down syndrome. I am 1/165 but she told me the genetic counselor will explain more next week. I also have to go for a detailed sono next Tuesday. I am so nervous :( The nurse also said not to worry too much becasue the nuchal screen done at 12 weeks was normal (the measurement of the neck I guess), but I can't help but worry... I just have to wait and pray I guess.... it's killing me!! :cry:

I am sorry that you have to go through this wana!! I know its easy for me to say but I did go through this, and you should do like the nurse said and not worry.. Soooo many times they have false positive like 90% of the time.. so its huge!!! Its not a diagnosis its a screening.. 1/165 is soooo low!! don't worry!! chances of your baby having down syndrome is soo slim!!! Please don't worry, it'll be fine!!

thank you Roxane!! :hugs:

have you felt the baby move yet? have you thought of names? so exciting!!

At 14 weeks I tought I felt baby move for a whole week every day at the same time at night and then there was nothing.. now at night when I go to bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night, I think I feel something but I am still not 100% sure its the baby moving!!
And yes, our baby boy's name is Cedrick... Cedrick Gabriel Michel Duval! Gabriel and Michel is the middle names that will only be on the birth card. Gabriel for the angel gabriel, my mom wanted us to call him gabriel cause he's a mircale baby but we didnt love that name so tought id put in the middle name and michel is my dad's name.. since he will not have my dad's last name, tought id put his name in the middle name as well!! :)
How bout you, do you feel them moving? And what are your names?

that's so cool!!!! and I like the name, so much meaning to it <3

I don't know if I feel anything yet, a couple of times I thought I felt something but wasn't sure if it was gas or just "something", I can't wait to feel them move!
As far as names, we don't have anything yet. I want to pick names that have meaning and also that are easy to pronounce in Spanish and English (I'm originally from South America). I don't want my parents to have a hard time with the babies names so we are still looking... I think we'll really start thinking more once we know the sex of the babies (I'm thinking next week when I go for the detailed ultrasound)

Thx!! :)

Yeh you should be able to find out next week if they cooperate!!:) Mine had his legs wide open lol DH saw it before the tech even said it!

Same here, for names, we had to find a name that is nice in French and in English! We are both french but we live in Ontario so it's really english as well.. If it wasnt for that we had alot more names, but we chose Cedrick and I don't think it'll change! We didnt get along on any others anyways! and Id already feel weird changing the name since Ive named in Cedrick in my belly!

Hey happy 23 weeks drsquid and happy 27 weeks lindyloo, crazy how it goes fast!!
How are you ladies doing?

wow 23 weeks!!! congrats!
lindyloo, congrats also!! OMG, almost 30 weeks!!!

Congrats on the baby boy Roxanne!! Very exciting!!

And Wana - my doctor said the neck exam or test was a very good indicator so if that came back negative, I think you are fine. The other screening for DS is so often a false positive. Your twins will be perfect!

Congrats On a blue bundle rox-wonderful news!

Has anybody else found out? Everybody (90%) guess boy for me.

Wana- it is so frightening when they say something but cannot confirm. Are you considering an amnio? Sending hugs xxx

Hockey- where are you up to?

Drsquid- hope all ok with you

Sorry if I missed anybody out.

I have now been feeling the bump move and knowing its the baby for about 2 weeks. My mw said it would be late because of having an anterior placenta but there is no mistaking it now!!! Had a sneaky extra scan and she said even if she wanted to find gender could not have- baby had legs crossed and cord in the way. She also said baby was a bit ahead in its size which has freaked me out a bit. Terrified of birth anyway without that!!

im doing good. managed to get 2 exersaucers in my miata yesterday. not exactly street legal but what can you do. the cx5 is coming in the next 48 hrs. i wasnt sure i felt them move for a long time. now the boy likes to jam his head (or butt) into my ribs and then stretch out my side. it feels kinda creepy and weird. just started feeling kicks friday. more from the girl. last night laying in my tub she was bouncing my book a bit. i like that. but the cool thing about him stretching is that other people can feel the hard lump.. though people tend to feel with a whole hand and you feel it better with fingers. no one else has felt them kick but... i can feel it from the outside. the boy likes to wiggle when im at work. which is distracting. coworker delivered her son today at 38 weeks... (went in at 5am and apparently delivered around 9pm.. yikes but reasonably short for a prima).

glad all of you are doing well.. sorry about the down's scare. that is why i went with amnio, i wanted to KNOW one way or the other. chances are good it is nothing!! particularly if you had no soft markers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->