• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Hockey - What made you decide to switch?

AFM - I got the news today that the earlier dates have been approved. I'll be ending BCP early, going in for my evaluation blood and us on Wednesday next week and, assuming everything goes well, will start stims 6/16. ER is scheduled for 6/28 and I'll be on the antagonist protocol with lupron trigger.

hockey, glad you followed your gut feeling and did what you did. So can you use the same medicine you already had?

raelynn, so do those dates work for you? I know you had a trip next month..

Drsquid- You gotta do what you gotta do right? That is nice you work so close! I'm about 30-40 minutes from my clinic which really isnt that bad but having to be there at 8:30am and find a sitter for the little one makes it a little difficult. It will definitely be tricky next week when im going in every other day or close to that!

wanna b a mom- How exciting! You are right behind me! I just had my last pill on the 6/3. It seems to be going by pretty quickly and I am so thankful for that!

how are you doing MsTX?

Yes, these days are perfect. We moved everything forward so even if I end up pregnant, the beta tests will still be before our trip.

Drsquid- You gotta do what you gotta do right? That is nice you work so close! I'm about 30-40 minutes from my clinic which really isnt that bad but having to be there at 8:30am and find a sitter for the little one makes it a little difficult. It will definitely be tricky next week when im going in every other day or close to that!

wanna b a mom- How exciting! You are right behind me! I just had my last pill on the 6/3. It seems to be going by pretty quickly and I am so thankful for that!

how are you doing MsTX?

I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I'm just about to take my last shot of Lupron by itself before I start mixing in the other meds tomorrow. 150 units of Bravelle 75 units of menopur and 5 units of lupron, down from the normal 10 units. How about yourself?

Raelynn- I'm so happy you got your dates and you don't have to wait!!! That is wonderful news!

Thanks! Good luck with stims! I'll be interested to see how the Bravelle and Menopur is since I think that is what I'll be on still...not sure since it'll be up to our insurance pharmacy to pick the actual brands we use

AFM - I got the news today that the earlier dates have been approved. I'll be ending BCP early, going in for my evaluation blood and us on Wednesday next week and, assuming everything goes well, will start stims 6/16. ER is scheduled for 6/28 and I'll be on the antagonist protocol with lupron trigger.

I'd had an appointment for a 2nd opinion for awhile thinking I would have time before starting a 2nd IVF after my surgery. Well, healing time was faster than expected so I decided to move forward with the IVF thinking I probably wouldn't change.

Well, the new doc thinks my old clinic's success rate suck (which they do) and that the doctor over suppressed my ovaries by making me go on birth control pills for 2 months before IVF. Since the new guys said I could make the switch pretty quickly, I decided to go for it! The new clinic has a 49% success rate in the over 38 age group - which is fantastic! Its in Chicago which will be challenging but I will make it work!!

Raelyn - so glad you were able to get your dates changed! That's a huge stress relief!

hockey, glad you followed your gut feeling and did what you did. So can you use the same medicine you already had?

And yes, they will utilize the same meds that I had already ordered so that's great too. Though I think they are adding Lupron and I don't have that one. But will make it work. So excited to try a new plan! I've been doing the same regime with my current clinic for so long (through the medicated IUI's and IVF), it will be nice to change it up some.

I'd had an appointment for a 2nd opinion for awhile thinking I would have time before starting a 2nd IVF after my surgery. Well, healing time was faster than expected so I decided to move forward with the IVF thinking I probably wouldn't change.

Well, the new doc thinks my old clinic's success rate suck (which they do) and that the doctor over suppressed my ovaries by making me go on birth control pills for 2 months before IVF. Since the new guys said I could make the switch pretty quickly, I decided to go for it! The new clinic has a 49% success rate in the over 38 age group - which is fantastic! Its in Chicago which will be challenging but I will make it work!!

Raelyn - so glad you were able to get your dates changed! That's a huge stress relief!

Sounds like the switch will be a good thing for you! My fertility clinic mentioned not wanting to have people on birth control too long because of over suppression too so I guess that is something to factor in.

Oh Hockey, this is good news!!! Mind me asking what the success rate was at the old clinic for over 38?

We got confirmation yet again that our switch in RE was a good one. I had started off with an older RE and he was just a jerk and not listening or open to anything at all. I switched to a different RE but same practice. She specializes in PCOS which is awesome for me and she LISTENS. Well yesterday I got a letter in the mail from my insurance and it turns out my old RE is leaving (not sure if just the insurance or the practice) in two weeks. Had I kept up with him all this would not be covered! I'll find out Sunday what's going on with the old RE.

Last night my FIL stayed with us and was , DH had not cooked dinner so everyone was in the kitchen at my injection time. DH distracted FIL and I got my stuff out of the fridge in a hurry. We tag teamed it in the bathroom, I did the Gonal F while DH mixed the Menopur. LOL, it was hilarious. It also hurt!!!! That stupid Menopur. We do it again tonight before FIL leaves. We don't want him or MIL know we are TTC at all. I go back in tomorrow morning to check on things but I expect literally no progression at all since that's how I responded last time this early in the game. After the appointment I'm taking DH out to breakfast since it's so early and way on the other end of town.

Raelyn - I never even paid attention to the BCP time frame until now and yes, definitely think there is truth to it!

Noasaint - for my age group, my doc was 0 for 12 in 2010 and 22% in 2009. I knew it was crap but not alot of options in my city. Let us know how your appt goes tomorrow!

And I hate the menopur too! It totally stings to me going in! And I hate mixing it!

noasaint - That is so funny about sneaking around behind your FIL :)

I should be starting stims at the end of next week...a little worried about the menopur.
Did any of you tell work and what did you say? I figure since all my stuff is being jammed into a few weeks and is all of a sudden I need to say something so they don't think I'm being flaky but I can't decide on what to tell my boss.

went for my us today.. the biggest got bigger but not enormous and i have a ton of little ones. cause my e2 was only in the 800s yesterday it suggests a lot arent mature. if it is still going up today then we will keep stimming for a trigger monday and ER weds, if it flatlines then we will trigger for tuesday. kinda excited and bummed.. excited cause there is a chance for a bunch more eggs but bummed cause im worried that the big wwill go overripe without maturing the little ones,

Hey dr squid I've got trigger Monday and pick up Wednesday!!' here's hoping for both of us hey!'

wish- yay for both of us

thanks guys.. my e2 jumped to 1400. doc dropped me to 150 gonal and go back for us monday. hopefully that means my little eggies are plumping up nicely. kinda annoyed for the delay but if it means more good eggs..

Ok so I officially took my first combo shot tonight. 2 vials of Bravelle 1 vial of Menopur and 5 units of lupron. I have to say I thought it was going to be worse than it was. I only used 1cc of sodium chloride so I thought it was going to be a lot more to inject than it actually was which was nice. It did sting for the first minute or so but I had mentally prepared myself for worse so I was very thankful it was better than anticipated. I am currently laying in bed with heat flashes which is making it hard to get comfy but this is the first time I have had them. Hopefully they don't last long :/. Anyways, I just wanted to update you girls on my progress. I'll keep y'all posted and look forward to reading more about your experiences.

wish- yay for both of us

thanks guys.. my e2 jumped to 1400. doc dropped me to 150 gonal and go back for us monday. hopefully that means my little eggies are plumping up nicely. kinda annoyed for the delay but if it means more good eggs..

Whoa, nice jump on the E2 there! Hopefully you're still set for Wednesday. Still bruising?

Ok so I officially took my first combo shot tonight. 2 vials of Bravelle 1 vial of Menopur and 5 units of lupron. I have to say I thought it was going to be worse than it was. I only used 1cc of sodium chloride so I thought it was going to be a lot more to inject than it actually was which was nice. It did sting for the first minute or so but I had mentally prepared myself for worse so I was very thankful it was better than anticipated. I am currently laying in bed with heat flashes which is making it hard to get comfy but this is the first time I have had them. Hopefully they don't last long :/. Anyways, I just wanted to update you girls on my progress. I'll keep y'all posted and look forward to reading more about your experiences.

Glad it went well for you! I think we definitely hype it up in our minds worse than it actually is. I've found that the closer to my belly button the more it hurts so now we make sure to avoid that.

I'm responding slowly yet again, u/s this morning showed lots of little follies but nothing. I've only had 3 days of stims though. Just waiting on the call now to tell me what to do for tonight and tomorrow.

Hey girls!

Not very good news here... My baseline sono showed I have a 4cm cyst in my right ovary, so I can't start Stims tonight :cry: I have to wait to hear back from my doctor to see what she wants to do (wait until it goes away on its own or have surgery to remove it). I'm so crushed that I won't be able to start :nope: and not knowing right now what to do and when will this cyst go away.... So frustrating :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->