Looking for March Bump Buddies!

Daisy hope you are doing well!!

Adriana was born 2/27/16 at 3:15 am
5.5 pounds and 19.5 inches long
She latched like a champ her first time!

Will give birth details in another post later

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 7
Destiny~ OMG she is gorgeous!! So teeny tiny. Love it!! Gosh now I just want my LO in my arms. I hope you are feeling well, and recovering well. <3
:wohoo:

Allforthegirl thank you, D will be in your arms very soon!!

Birth story is as follows!
11:30 pm on Thursday February 24 I was checked into my labor and delivery room. They checked my cervix and I was 1cm dilated and hardly effaced. They inserted a foley bulb to stretch me to 4cm and a vaginal pill to ripen the cervix at 2:30 am on Friday February 25. Contractions were hard and constant, every 2-3 minutes. At 2:30 pm after 12 hours of constant contractions, no sleep, vomiting and horrible back pain I caved and got my epidural. I decided to get the epidural for several reasons. One I hadn't got any sleep since Wednesday night and I was exhausted, not only that but when they check me at 12:00 pm I was still not even 4cm this was very discouraging for me considering all the pain I was in with hardly any progress I still had a long way to go and I was running on little to no energy. Also in the event of an emergency c section the only way DH would've been allowed inside was if I had an epi already and all they would have to do was up the dosage, otherwise they would have to put me out with general anesthesia and DH wouldn't have been allowed inside for that because I'd be under. Last but not least I would've had nothing in me by the time it was time to push. Anywho after the epi went in I felt great because I was able to sleep and got some much needed rest. By 4:30 pm I was finally 4cm dilated and 70% effaced. They removed the foley bulb and allowed me to continue contracting with just the pill they had inserted with the bulb as I was still contracting every 2-3 minutes and sometimes every minute. When those contractions finally slowed at 9:30 they gave me the pitocin I fell asleep at some point and woke up sometime after 3am on Saturday February 27, I told my mom and DH she felt really low and to get the nurse right now, when the doctor and nurse came in and checked me I was 10cm and Adrianna's head was right there! They all rushed to get everything ready and with two contractions and four pushes our baby girl was here! It was totally crazy but totally worth it and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

ladies

Zodi Irie Sky turned :blue: at 23:24 26 Feb 2016.
He is 5 lb 14.5 oz 19.5 in and perfect. Will be posting his 6.5 hr birth story on my parenting journal in my signature later.... He is asleep in my arms now :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

thank you for all your support

Such a great reward after all that work hey?? Congrats to the both of you.

destiny she is a beauty. Sounds like a long time to be in labor but glad the pushing stage was short! Have you been able to stop staring?

Daisy hope you are doing well!!

Adriana was born 2/27/16 at 3:15 am
5.5 pounds and 19.5 inches long
She latched like a champ her first time!

Will give birth details in another post later

Oh my, she is so beautiful. Congrats DestinyK. Teary-eyed here. I'm really happy for you.

ladies

Zodi Irie Sky turned :blue: at 23:24 26 Feb 2016.
He is 5 lb 14.5 oz 19.5 in and perfect. Will be posting his 6.5 hr birth story on my parenting journal in my signature later.... He is asleep in my arms now :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

thank you for all your support

You ladies are going to turn me into a weeping mess. Congrats DaisyDreamer. I'm really happy for you. It's been wonderful being on this journey with you. I wish you the very best with your LO and OH.

I've been having contractions almost every hour for about a week now. I had to go in early Thursday morning because the contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Alas, I wasn't dilated at all and the contractions were not strong enough. I've also been feeling out of sorts. I just wish she'll get here already. I'm quite envious of DestinyK and DaisyDreamer

CONGRATULATIONS to both Destiny & Daisy!!!! SO excited for you both! :yipee: :wohoo:

Destiny, she's beautiful! Daisy, I can't wait to see pictures! <3

Well ladies i lost a tiny bit of my plug last night. It was more the size of a pea, but i am going to take it for the win.:thumbup::happydance:

Awesome, allforthegirl! :happydance: I've been having the same - we're so close!!! Still alternating between feeling panicky or somewhat confident when I think of labor... not sure if I'm ready for it to start yet! (Except for the whole body-falling-apart-feeling-like-crap bit :haha: ).

Thank you ladies! Sorry I've not been posting I've been checking on you though!

Daisy definitely not!

Adrianna is still doing great breastfeeding and we have been cosleeping, which makes feeding her every three hours easier :haha: . Didn't think I'd end up cosleeping but I can't convince myself to be away from her! She is such a good baby and hardly ever cries

Her first pediatric appointment was yesterday they took blood and tested for bilirubin which was 4.4 at birth and now 8.6. Doctor suggested exposing her to sun so I've been taking her for 5 minute walks a few times a day. Other than that it went really well. She lost 5 ounces so she is now 5 pounds even, hopefully from now on she will only gain weight. Changing pediatricians though I found her quite rude. Adrianna was fussing and crying during the check up at one point because well she rather sleep then be poked and prodded and she literally asked me for a pacifier basically telling me to get her to shut up. Common sense breastfeeding = no pacifier, atleast for now! She also sent us to the public bathroom to change her dirty diaper after looking thoroughly disgusted that she would dare poop in her presence when I could've easily changed her in the room but she didn't want 'a mess'. When I got back she says oh I thought you were going to take a long time to change her because it's your first like I'm stupid or something so I simply replied it's not my first diaper change. Anywho I think she noted how annoyed I was towards the end because she started to try to be nicer. All I know is I'm not going back!

Hope things start picking up for everyone still waiting for their bundles :)

Bella~ yeah my OB doesn't think I will last until next week.... :happydance:

Destiny~ Glad everything is going well with Adrianna. I can't believe your Ped was so rude. I would switch too.

Blessedheart when she comes the wait will seem like nothing.

Zodi just peed on me. Guess I need to do a better diaper :dohh:

still precious though

My little princess arrived at 6.30 pm GMT+1 after several hours of intense labour. She's doing great and I'm grateful to have her here.

Blessedheart congratulations! Hope you are doing well also

Destiny, she sounds awful! Def get a new pediatrician! Mine was SO good for DD... even asked me how I was doing postpartum. Much better options out there!

Allforthegirl - YAY!!!! :)

Daisy - Are are you pointing his penis down in his diaper & making sure his penis is always covered with a diaper or wipe? Baby boys are known to pee the second they feel cool air! Good luck!

Blessed - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

AFM, Went home from work early yesterday because I literally felt like Jacob was going to fall out of me while I was walking to get my students. The pain/pressure was INTENSE! I fully expected to be back at work today, but I woke up at 3 AM feeling like maybe I was going into labor... I had a painful contraction that wrapped around my back, followed by many constant tightenings, nausea, shakiness, diarrhea (Sorry for the TMI) and was really cold. Contractions finally tapered off and I was EXHAUSTED! Finally was able to go back to sleep, but DH's alarm went off about 20 minutes later (and every 10 minutes after that) so I'm exhausted. Have continued with LOTS of BH today. Might be having a baby this weekend, we'll see! So, in the meantime, I'm trying to tie up loose ends - pack the hospital bag, install the carseat, finish the nurse's gift, etc. Will keep you all posted!

Bella sounds promising:thumbup:

Afm no more plug, just sick, and sore. I have heard conflicting info that colds can be a sign of impending labour and other say that baby will wait for you to feel better first.... :shrug: Also my ticker thinks baby will here 3days :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->