Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Most likely, I think it's common in the first 24 hours. We were told to wake Xander every 4 hours (he was a very unenthusiastic feeder for the first week!!) so I wouldn't worry if she's going to 3. Make the most of it before the cluster feeding starts. I hope dh & the girls are looking after you well.

Finally went to bed at 12 and he's now awake again 2 hours later & appears to be starving!! This best be a 1 off :growlmad:

Oh gosh Laura, looks like you've hit the regression now! Right on cue.. haha...
Brandon is barely sleeping at all now. I think cause their world just starts to open up and they are learning so much about everything around them. They just want to play now! He does this thing where he will laugh at us while we're trying to put him to sleep-- he'll cry and then stop and laugh-- like he knows he's manipulating us!

Coy- I wouldn't worry about feeding every 3 hours, I think anywhere between 2-3 hours is fine at first, they even told me they can go as long as one 5 hour stretch at night, that is, if they sleep that long. If she's annoyed, don't wake her up... But that's great she's a good sleeper, Brandon would wake up every 1 1/2-2 hours for a loooong time.

Coy- she's very cute and adorable. :kiss: god bless her! Everybody must be so excited at home..

Steph & Laura- thanx..... Actually yesterday the reason I got curious is that my aunt had called me and she was telling me to be careful....coz now a days many pregnant ladies in her neighborhood are giving birth in the 7th month.....7th month is too early....specially for the baby....both my cousins had early births. So right now I am kind of worried....I just want the baby to be healthy......

Shradha - ifs quite unusual for babies to be born 2 months early & you are no more likely to give birth early just because your cousins have unless there's some family medical condition but I'm sure you would have said if there was. I actually became really anxious about going I to labour right around where you are. I think because the baby is viable from 24 weeks I some how was trying to will Xander to stay in me until then. I also got some pretty nasty cramps around then which turned out to be simply round ligament pain & some trapped wind. They really did feel like contractions though. It's totally normal to worry though. Just keep yourself healthy, eat well, drink plenty mild exercise & I'm sure your baby will be fine whenever he/she decides to arrive!!

Steph - breast feeding question. Is your supply affected by how much you eat? With being busier now & feeling quite sick over the last few days I've been eating quite a bit less & I'm also making more effort to eat healthy so foods with less fat & calories but my supply has very noticeably reduced even though I've been trying to feed him more. :( is this the beginning if the end of breast feeding for me? My breast do feel really saggy & empty a lot now & I don't at all get tingling nipples if I don't feed him when I first wake up, or even when I'm feeding to signify my let down.

AFM, cd6 and the bleeding is still going on. I got over the fever but now im fighting this terrible cough and nose congestion :nope: Hopefully, it leaves soon because I have sooo much cleaning and packing that needs to be done. Im going to try my best to start on it again today atleast it will be a working progress. It has been raining for the past few days now and its no good for me while im sick. Im just ready to get better though. Also, since yesterday, I have been thinking of the idea of wanting twins :shock: :haha: I dont know. For some reason, I think it would be nice to have twins. I mean if i didnt im not going to be disappointed but if i did then at the same time i will be excited about it. I cant wait until my doc appt on Nov. 7th so I can go and talk to her and she what she recommends. Hoping to get Clomid or progesterone cream etc but we shall see. I think the main focus is the ovarian cysts and I think they are hindering me from ovulating like I am suppose to which is causing me to irregular cycles and abnormal bleeding between periods. Im just ready to get everything fixed so I can finally conceive. Well, Im going to go start cleaning now since it's raining very hard here.

Laura- generally the foods you eat can affect your supply but only of you cut so much that you're starting to drastically lose weight...then what'll happen is your demand for supply will also cut into your weight. I think you would notice a drastic weight loss before you noticed milk production stopping. I think also the reason you experience the fullness and tingling when you feed (re: in the morning, etc) is because that is when you have "scheduled" your body for feeding. If you slip in an extra feed, say, every day at noon then after about 2-3 days you'll have the heavy feeling around noon also. Breasts are funny things! :haha:

Shradha- try not to worry, I agree with Laura--there is no reason that you should give birth so early unless there is a medical condition OR something each of those women practice at that time that causes premature labor. I think you are doing awesome so far and have nothing to worry about :hugs:

AFM-

Still tired but actually managed to get some rest last night in between feeds :thumbup: I was worried about her not eating enough...newborns are so delicate, you know? So I was a naughty mommy :haha: and I woke her up every 2 hours to eat wether she wanted it or not. I am going to try to establish that as a pretty solid routine if I can. And know what's cool? She has started fussing now about every 2- 2.5 hours and instead of just eating a partial on one breast she is consuming both breasts! AND I have started leaking too so my production is more than keeping up :happydance: I want ehrto start gaining weight this week, I know they generally lose weight the first week but I want to do what I can to give her a boost in the right direction.

Today we have to take her in to the hospital to have her umbilical cord clip removed :thumbup: Be glad to get that annoying thing out of the way! Also- dh and I are a bit (pardon my languaged) pissed at the hospital staff. I went inn early remember to fill out all the paper work so we wouldn't get swamped? Well, the bee-otch deliberately with-held 2 clipboards full of paperwork! And she told me that all we would have to fill out is one paper with babes name on it for the birth certificate :growlmad: and wouldn't you know it we ended up having to deal with tons of paperwork...I was so exhausted and so was dhat that point- he forgot babes name :haha: Anyway, then they had blood work for Aeryn...and when we got home theycalled to say they never did it! Which they did- we were ther watching :shrug: I think they lost it so now we have to re-do it :sad1: Aaargh.

And the dd's were soo awesome! T read to Kat while we delivered the baby, they were so good! Until Kat found out we may spend the night in hospital annd she got homesick and cried...sowe came home early :) All is well though, babes is an eating/pooping maching atm:haha:

More later ladies! Gonna go catch up on moree posts! :thumbup:

I feel relieved:happydance:.....I don't know why but now a days I just need small things to start worrying..... Till I don't give birth to a healthy baby....I will not be in peace..... I just want my baby to be healthy and happy.... You all support me so much and calm me......thank you so much:hugs:

It's natural to worry about these things Shradha, all of us here have posted similar things to what you have :hugs:

I'm glad you're feeling better about feeding Coy. I hope you're taking it easy whilst you recover!

Coy-Glad everything is working out for you.

Shradha-Its normal to worry. I know my sister worried from time to time up until the birth. It happens. But dont worry, you will have a nice healthy baby in your arms at the end.

AFM, its cd7 and the bleeding is still going on grrr :growlmad: It should've stopped by now but its still going on. I guess me being sick isnt helping :shrug: Hopefully, it will stop soon because being sick and having AF is not a good combination. Im feeling better though. Just trying to get over this cough and these body aches but other than that im doing better :thumbup: In 2 more weeks, I see my doc yay :happydance: Im excited to talk her ear off :blush: I have been cleaning up so Im proud of myself about that. Still have my room and the living room to finish up. Also, have to do laundry and finish packing for my trip up to Connecticut. As of right now, its getting cooler in Florida. I dont know if its a cold front or what but it was cold last night that's for sure. I am going to go help my MIL pack so I layered up because im still sick and dont want to end up going back to being on bed rest all day. Oh and I talked to DH about the whole twins ordeal and he was actually happy. He was saying that it would be nice so thats good atleast we both wouldnt be like OH NO :nope: :haha: So let's see what happens after the doc appt. Well, im going to head down to Miami now.

Patrice- I am woried you have a bad infection, I hope you can get in to the doc soon :huh:

Shradha- glad you are feeling well! :thumbup:

AFM- rough night but to be expected. Aeryn has decided to take advantage of Mom's boobs :growlmad: and seems to think they are ready and available just, you know, anytime :shrug: lol! I am having to make her really get loud and ask nice to keep her at 1.5-2 hours...otherwise it'll be a little bit here and there every 10 minutes :roll: Give'em an inch- they take a mile :haha: Other than that she pooped numerous times :thumbup: and we ended up with mass explosions on both ends :roll: so had to change clothes....She's doing very well and actually gained 2 ounces yesterday! :happydance: What an over achiever already! The nurse told me she should have lost weight by now but she's gaining :cloud9:

I am a mental-budgeting-wreck at the moment, trying to "make the first" of next month :haha: Aaargh!

Well, now I feel like crap. I wanted to help dh get fireplace wood, right? So I would just go out and bring in a piece or two, never more than a few steps away from babes while she slept soundly. Well, I picked up one of our hatchets to chop a piece of wood in half and dh reaches over and grabs it from me and starts to swing it himself and ends up missing and hitting his leg instead. *sigh* Now he is mad at me and says it's my fault for distracting him and preventing him from "concentrating". :saywhat: Um, how is this my fault? He took it away from me :shrug: Anyway so I got my feelings all fussed up :haha: and said to hell with it all and came in the house :growlmad: So much for helping....:sadangel:....

Coy-- Oh no! Is his leg ok? That doesn't sound good, sounds like something out of a horror movie. It's not everyday you get sliced by a hatchet... sorry to be crude, but it IS almost Halloween! Glad to hear Aeryn is doing well though, and gaining already, wow! She's definitely getting enough milk, but I know how it is when they just want to be at the boob all the time-- more out of comfort than nourishment. Brandon takes SO much milk, he doesn't know when to stop. So when he gets too full he just chokes on the milk and gets the worst reflux. It doesn't help that I have tons of milk either, it just keeps coming.....

We had his 4 month check up the other day, and his height and weight I believe is near the 75th percentile, and his head is in the 98th percentile! I asked if that was a concern and she said no, as long as his development is on course there is nothing to worry about. Could explain though, why he's taken a bit longer to steady his head when holding him up. He's got my tiny, long neck too, so not an easy combination! Daddy's big head and my slender neck. :haha:

Laura- with regard to the milk supply, I agree with Coy. What you eat or how much you eat shouldn't really affect your supply unless you are starving yourself. Baby will take as much as they need and your body will keep producing milk, they'll just take everything they can get from you, so make sure you are taking your vitamins and eating well so that you know YOU are getting what YOU need!

Shradha- I know it's hard not to worry. I agree with the other ladies, there is no reason to think you will give birth prematurely just because other women are. It's so easy to hear about something and think that it will happen to you or your baby. I'm such a hypochondriac, so I totally understand!

Patrice- I agree with Coy, hope you can see the doctor sooner rather than later, if you're still having this lingering sickness... :(

Patrice- you are not sounding good dear.....hope you get well soon. Consult a doctor.

Coy- I can't understand. Sometimes my dh behaves the same way. Hope your dh is ok......
After hearing from you all....I guess babies like to play with the boobies :winkwink:..... They think it's their 1st toy:dohh:....so I too should be prepared....

Today I have completed 5 months....4 more to go.....
Yesterday I finally cooked after a long time and gave mommy a break from Cooking... Felt good.....

Coy-ouch! hope dh feels better. And maybe he just going through the emotions of having the new baby there.

AFM, today is cd8 :dohh: As of now, it's still going but i have been experiencing brown bleeding for the past 2-3 days. Maybe me being sick or the medicine is causing it to be brown. Normally, its brown but a light flow and then it ends. But its actual bleeding...still an adequate flow and is brown :shrug: As far as me being sick...i feel much better. The only thing i have is a sore throat that's all. So the sickness is almost gone for good :thumbup: This is day 4 of being sick. But i have energy and everything just a sore throat. DH is talking about buying a car that has enough room for babies :shock: Well i see where his mind is at :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->