Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Steph-I think Brandon shoul be fine if its just a tiny amount of honey. I wouldnt worry about that and re thefaceplant, maybe you shoul place somehing long his sides so that he wont roll over :shrug:

AFM, for those who celebrate Halloween...Happy Halloween. Now im cd11 today and the beeding looks like it will either stop today or tomorrow morning but we shall see. I think we are having a cold front of some sort. Right now its a good 66 degrees right now. It usually gets around mid 50s at night. Im working on a little bit of energy because my dog wouldnt stop barking at all last night. I had to keep telling him to be quiet. Granted, he is a very protective dog but there as nothing but wind last night and thats what he was barking at :dohh: So im not a happy camper at the moment. Well, there's alot of cleaning i have to get done in my room upstairs and dishes need to be washed in the kitchen. Dont know how im going to manage today. Well, tomorrow is the 1st of November :happydance: Which will make it only 6 more days until I see my doc :thumbup: Im excited and cant wait but at the same time a little nervous because Im just hoping she doesnt take my issues as something not serious and just pushes me to the side. But wont know until that day comes.

Hugely proud Mummy moment (especially as Xander still is not even trying to roll!)

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/D693F235-84D2-407D-8417-F45E98DF0137-14237-00000A6972ADAD6C.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Steph-

STOP worrying!!:growlmad: lol!

K, re:honey. Not like you fed him spoonfuls of it, he probably only got a taste of it ... I doubt any harm done. First of all- check the jug, is your honey homogenized or wild? If it's not wild (it has to be labeled) you are like 99.9% OK. I know cause I just finished researching this like two weeks ago.

Re:faceplanting. It happens. Here's a very simple trick I have always done with my dd's.:

1) Never on the back, they can vomit and drown in it.
2) Never on tummy- they can suffocate.
3) On the side with a small blanket- even a burp rag will work- rolled and squidged under the edge of the back, and another to brace the front from the chhest down. This is not only protective but comforting. In fact I usually make the bed up with the rolled blankets (like wedges) and covered with another blanket to prevent slipping. Works great! :) Gives them a little blanket "hug". :cloud9:

Thanks everyone. I'm sick and sleep deprived, so I'm just extra stressed and worried. Things right now are crazier than they've ever been. But, long story. I can't even think straight right now I'm just so sick and tired.

I thought about using a sleep positioner, or something to hold him on his side or keep him on his back, but the more I read about it and after taking to his ped, it is a safety hazard as he could end up stuck or wedged in a position he doesn't want to be in, and it would restrict movement if he's needs to move. I also wouldn't put any thing in the crib with him, like blankets, I'd probably be more worried about that coming loose and covering his face. He is way too strong and active and he always needs to be moving around in his sleep.

Our ped suggested that I sleep in the room with him for a few nights, just so I can be close and monitor. I still don't know how I will sleep... I'm afraid of him doing it so quietly that I won't wake up. I've read a lot of encouraging things online though, about how this tends to happen when they start being able to roll on their tummy. They will occasionally face plant but they are now old enough to realize if they are suffocating and will move if they need to.

Doesn't make it any less scary though!!

Coy- so you don't let your dd's sleep on their backs? I never had a problem with it, they never choked on their spit up or anything, but B did sleep at an angle for a while because of his reflux.

Btw re: honey, the only thing the label says is "raw." So I assume that is the same as wild??

Totally understand your concern. I don't handle sleep deprivation well at all so can just imagine how I'd feel at the prospect of even less sleep and for you to be poorly as well.... :hugs: is it still the cold you had a few weeks ago lingering?

I guess in some ways this is the down side of technology nowadays, we can keep closer tabs just giving us more to worry about! I am sure Brandon will be fine, he is brilliant at keeping his head up in tummy time, he looks like he has a really strong neck. Did this happen with Nicholas?

Shradha- Over here we are advised not to give infants under 1 year of age any honey, because it could contain botulism spores which can harm the baby. Do they tell you the same in India? I think it's more common in the US. I know it's probably a small risk, but I'm just mad at myself for putting my honey covered finger in his mouth! Of course I would never give honey on purpose, but the fact that I could have easily just washed my hands... now I have to worry and constantly look out for symptoms for the next month?!
Here we have a custom in which the grandfather dips his finger in honey and gives the new born baby to taste for good luck. I have no idea regarding the risk:shrug:.... Dont worrry because the amount of honey was very little. Brandon will be fine.

Steph I totally understand your concern:hugs:...dont worry....You can place Brandon between 2 baby pillows. I remember my aunt doing this when my younger sister was a baby

Laura- seeing all baby pics I just cant wait to hold my baby.....:hugs:Xander Cutie...he is such a darling:kiss:

Emma nice pic! I mean in your avatar. Phoebe is so cute and pretty....:kiss:

After 3 nights of no sleep, I'm going to buy one of those movement sensors. They're expensive, but I just can't do this. Hopefully it works though, I've read pretty good reviews so we'll see. Anyone heard of these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000E262S

Shradha, that's interesting custom. Is it a pure form of honey that is given? I know honey here in California is more likely to be tainted. Still uncommon, but the botulism bacteria
is found in more samples of soil here (which gets into the honey). So, that is why I am a little more worried about it.

Emma- I love your profile pic too. Good to see your face! And looks like you've darkened your hair as well? Or is that your natural color? I know it was red before.

Btw, that is so cool that you and Laura are meeting up. I wish some of the rest of us were closer to each other, I would love to meet a fellow BNB'er someday. I'm sure Xander and Phoebe will have fun. Be sure to take pics!

Laura- I'm not sure if this is the same cold or not. I think it's a new one, because now Nicholas has it too, after he was fine for about a week in between. Yeah, coughing bad. This one's a doozy. And I don't know how I'm going to be able to recover without getting some much needed sleep!

Oh, and I don't remember this face planting thing happening with Nicholas. I don't think he started rolling over onto his tummy until well past 6 months old. But then again, if I remember correctly, he was swaddled (with his arms in) for a while. He didn't need his thumb to suck at night.

I'm sure I'll get a few pics! :thumbup: how close do you live Disneyland? I'm quite certain we'll be there at some point in the next 10 years, we could meet then!!

My best friend has exactly that monitor, stupid me, I should have thought of suggesting one. My friend used it as her son will only sleep on his front.

That's rubbish you've got another cold, it's that time of year I guess. Can you get dh to do kiddie duty over the weekend so you can try & catch up on sleep and recover?

Emma-Love the profile pic!!!

Steph-Whatever will put your mind at ease, i think is a good investment in my eyes :hugs: Andwish we all lived closer too. Maybe one day when i have a child...i can just plan a trip and make it happen :haha:

AFM, im cd12 today annndddddd the bleeding stopped :happydance: So now AF is finally over and 6 more days until my doc appt. Im excited. I just found out that my godsister's grandmother has died so Im going to call her and hck up on her to see how sheis taking it. Alot hs been going on and today is errand running day. So lots to do today.Atleast tomorrow stat the weekend for me and I get to relax thank goodness. Oh and inexactly 3 weeks... get to see DH yay :happydance: Im over the moon happy.

Glad the bleeding has finally stopped Patrice!

Steph, the monitor is a good idea and well worth the money if it gives you some peace of mind. Yeah, I used to have red hair but it's now a dark brown. I've had it cut since my avatar pic was taken. I've got a new pic of the two of us on facebook... I'll upload it onto BnB whenever I'm next on the laptop :thumbup: Oh and I'll definitely get some pics on Monday :D

Warning, this is a gush post!!

My little boy is growing up!! First attempt at solids & he LOVED it!!! :)

He's been showing weaning cues recently and actually drank half if his bottle this morning through chewing the teat as much as sucking so I hoped he'd catch on to chewing his food and he did. He was slurping it off the spoon and chewing and swallowing it. He was also grabbing the spoon from me and feeding himself!! I'm so proud of my munchkin :cloud9: :cloud9:

He's only getting baby rice for the next week and only once a day. Then we'll move on to pear purée for another week so we gradually build up flavours and can easily tell if the different foods agree with him.

Laura-Yay for Xander! He is growing up so fast.

He really is Patrice. Love the new avatar pic. You 2 are such a cute couple.

Thanks Laura. I notice we get that alot and my family says once we have kids..its going to be hard to say who the baby favors because we kind of favor each other :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->