Looking for people TTC after miscarriage

Congrats on AF! (Something I never thought I’d say to anyone!) I agree with babychicky, totally normal to feel envious.
I told my mum about the miscarriage and she’s been really cruel to me (she’s a little wrong in the head...) she started showing me pictures of babies at my sisters wedding on Saturday and telling me how cute new born babies are. She also kept making comments like ‘you should have a drink, because well... you can now can’t you?!’
My husband nearly screamed at her but didn’t as to not ruin my sisters day. 😩 just horrible!! X

Hey MrsFruitie,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I too have recently had a miscarriage. I found out on August 6th that I was expecting and by that Friday the bleeding and cramping had begun. I stopped bleeding after about 6 days. My bf and I started trying again days after the bleeding had stopped. I took a preg test last week and it was positive. Just a little nervous because of the mc. I am feeling crampy but no bleeding so far!

I wish you all the best in trying to conceive. lets get that BFP!!!!

MrsFruitie so sorry to hear about your mums reaction. People are stupid.

Congrats on your new bfp jacthekeebler. This is a new baby and new pregnancy remember that. Cramping is normal, scary for sure though. All the best

Hi ladies. I just read through your stories and I am so sorry for your losses. And Fruitie, shame on your mom, of all people, for purposefully being cruel like that. That's really awful.

As for me, I am struggling a little more than I thought I was going to, because my loss was early, and I have a child. My brain says I don't deserve to be this sad as I have a living son, and I shouldn't be "greedy" by hoping so much for another child. We worked really hard and long for our son, with very low ovarian reserve and some other egg issues, and have been trying for a second/final child, with the knowledge that it may not happen. Well, last cycle I got an early BFP and I tested multiple times a day, every day I was so happy. But at some point the lines didn't darken, and I started getting period like cramps, then the bleeding started, and within a few days... no more BFP. This very next cycle we felt we could try again, and right now I'm in my TWW but feeling very out due to cramping, low, very hard cervix, temp drop, and general sense AF is coming. And it's all getting to me now. The loss, the likelihood that this cycle is probably a bust as well, and the knowledge that next cycle my husband is out of town for my entire fertile week, so won't be able to try again for a while. And I'm just feeling really sorry for myself, above and beyond what the situation calls for.

So I'm giving myself a couple of days to just be sad and then I'll try to rally, focus on being healthy for the next month or so, until we can try again.

Welcome MissDoc. Sorry to hear about your loss. There aren't any rules with these situations. Your grief is real. You are allowed to feel pain over this. I think as a women, most of us have become attached and pictured our lives with that child the moment that second line comes up. Regardless of how early that loss is, it feels like losing the potential for that child and that life which you have already pictured and planned for. I'm not sire if that made sense but that's kind of how i have felt. I already have a healthy child who fills my heart but I had wrapped my heart around the idea that we were growing out family. That he was going to be a big brother and that they would be close together in age.

Sorry you feel you are out this cycle. Super frustrating to have to wait next cycle. I feel the same about having to wait for my next period. I don't even no when I will ovulate so could be a while before we actually get to try again. So frustrating.

I feel like I rambled a bit there. Hope some of it made sense

Chickybaby - your mum's behaviour is hurtful and uncalled for. Isn't it always the way that it's the people that should be fighting our corner that end up disappointing us?

Welcome MissDoc and Jacthekeebler. So sorry for both of you and MissDoc... a loss is no less real when it's earlier on. As Chickybaby said... the second you see that positive pregnancy test you have pictured that baby in your life and made plans in your head. Sadness and disappointment is expected. Wishing you a successful pregnancy very soon! (For all of us actually!)

Hello everyone,
I found out I was expecting after a Femera cycle upon returning from celebrating our 10 week wedding anniversary; this was at the end of July. I recall having my first prenatal visit mid August. By the end of August/beginning Sept we found out it was another missed miscarriage. I decided to take medication to complete the miscarriage only to have to have a d&c almost two weeks later. Tues will make 2 wks since my d&c and planning to try asap. Upon going over the possible reasons for this miscarriage and my previous one Jan 2017 I found that information on previous dr records were not carried over. I’m going for my follow up at obgyn n high risk dr on Tuesday. I know obgyn said wait 3 cycles but I don’t plan to follow that as how can I listen to a dr who didn’t read over my past medical history. So I’m hoping that I will be put in the corrects meds by high risk dr and hopefully conceive soon. To make matters worse it has spread at work that I’m expecting which I can’t blame them as I look very pregnant which makes everything soooooo hard! I’m constantly asked about when I’m due or reminded of my pregnancy by others :/ I am 37 and have 2 beautiful children!

Hello new ladies, I’m very sorry for your losses and feel your heartbreak.

Lucinda, that must be upsetting at work, I’m sorry people keep asking you.

I’ve told my colleagues at work and booked next week off work following the surgery to remove. I don’t expect to be in a good state of mind. Hoping the doctor gives me a sick note!

Got my consent meeting at the hospital today and pre op blood tests.

The whole process is horrible and heartbreaking.

This was my first pregnancy and I’m really worried it has taken the magic and happiness away from future pregnancies. I’ll just be anxious the whole way through.

Also yes my mums cruel behaviour was awful at my sisters wedding, but unfortunately she has always been that way so I sadly was not shocked by it. I certainly won’t be telling her any news in future!!

Oh I’m sorry Mrs Fruitie... I just realised I thought it was Chickybabys mum. I’m easily confused!

Hi Fruitie and Chicky fellow former dewdrops :hugs: mind if I join? I&#8217;m over 2 weeks out from my D&C now and thinking I might be Oing based on cramping but idk. We can&#8217;t try this cycle but I want to know when to expect AF. Been doing lots to focus on myself and my own health and that helps. Fruitie - I&#8217;ve sadly been through this before, so if you&#8217;re feeling it I&#8217;ve probably felt it before too. Losing your first is different in a lot of ways. I know how hard it can be. I do have my rainbow now and I can say that pregnancy wasn&#8217;t nearly as joyful and blissful as it was the first time, but every milestone means so much more, and once you get through this you can look back and appreciate how your journey helped shape you to be a better mother and person in general while still hating that you ever had to go through it in the first place. Feel it fully for it is the only way to find healing. Also I may be biased (esp now that it&#8217;s for sure that I will only have rainbows), but I&#8217;m fully convinced that rainbows are just the best babies ever <3

Hi Fruitie and Chicky fellow former dewdrops :hugs: mind if I join? I’m over 2 weeks out from my D&C now and thinking I might be Oing based on cramping but idk. We can’t try this cycle but I want to know when to expect AF. Been doing lots to focus on myself and my own health and that helps. Fruitie - I’ve sadly been through this before, so if you’re feeling it I’ve probably felt it before too. Losing your first is different in a lot of ways. I know how hard it can be. I do have my rainbow now and I can say that pregnancy wasn’t nearly as joyful and blissful as it was the first time, but every milestone means so much more, and once you get through this you can look back and appreciate how your journey helped shape you to be a better mother and person in general while still hating that you ever had to go through it in the first place. Feel it fully for it is the only way to find healing. Also I may be biased (esp now that it’s for sure that I will only have rainbows), but I’m fully convinced that rainbows are just the best babies ever <3

This has just made me cry!

Welcome lesondemavie, more than welcome to join of course. Don't think we will try this first cycle either. Feel like my body is still pretty messed up. Cramping on and off. Has been over 2 weeks since I passed everything but have only just stopped spotting. Hope to ovulate soon and get back to some sort of normal with my cycle. You will be a real asset to these ladies offering support and perspective.

Looking at my health over here too. Physical and mental, trying to get more active, eat clean and really live in the moment more mindfully. Enjoy the good things on life. Still allowing myself down moments to grieve that picture I had of our babes playing together. We will get that some day, the picture will just be a bit different..

I'm having a bit of a down day today. When I was pregnant I had downloaded a couple of pregnancy apps and signed up to different pages. I thought I had unsubscribed from them all but today whilst I was on my lunch break at work I had an email from pampers giving me tips on how to prepare now that I am 17 weeks pregnant...

I then went back to my desk and imagined how things would be if my pregnancy had been healthy - talking to different people in the office about scans/gender/breast feeding/etc etc.

Most the time I think I'm coping really well and then one tiny thing like that can make me feel like the world is crashing in on me. I really do feel like something way taken away from me that day.

However, I am grateful to be able to talk these things over with you ladies who know exactly how I'm feeling.

MrsFruitie - how are you feeling about Monday at the moment? Will be thinking of you xx

Mrs Frutie yes very frustrating.....I work at a school and the adults act like the children of not worse :/
Goodluck on your surgery and yes this whole process take the magic out of everything. I’m also on edge that something will go wrong

lesondemavie - you made me cry too! Thank you for your kind words and understanding.

Stardust- I would have found that upsetting also, I have just unsigned to everything and dread an email coming through.

I’m stressed about Monday. The hospital said my husband won’t be able to stay with me either so I’ll be stuck doing it alone until he can pick me up. Had the consent meeting yesterday which is always pants when they’re advising ways you could potentially die!

So my temp is up this morning, and the crampiness is gone - just like when I O’d after my first mmc. I don’t usually cramp with O, but I did that first cycle last time too. I guess that means I O’d right on time...either that or my temp never dropped &#129335;. Hoping it’s the former. Would love to move on sooner rather than later. Didn’t realize that Oing 2 weeks after a D&C was a thing, but seems it happens for some. My LP is usually only 10 days, so maybe less than 2 weeks until AF is here &#129310;

I looked back at your posts and just want to share a few thoughts from my experience:

1. Whatever you feel at any moment is never awful. You’re probably going to have sad moments and sad days for a while. You need to take care of yourselves and your own hearts and ask for space when you need it. My brother and his wife are oopsie expecting baby 2 on her first pp O with PCOS. They knew we were expecting and so they know of our loss, and I’ve asked them to give me time and let me reach back out when I feel I can handle it. The key for me is taking on painful triggers slowly and when I can control it rather than all at once or by surprise. The first time my other SIL unaware of our loss sent us a text announcing she was having a boy with an ultrasound and bump photo while I was still bleeding. I nearly lost it and had DH tell her what was going on and ask her to only give us updates when we asked moving forward. Oh man, if I had a penny every time I felt like an asshole on this journey, I’d be rich &#129315;

2. It’s completely possible to be both happy and sad in the same moment. My best friend’s son was 1 when I went through my first mmc and I sobbed the whole way home after my first time hanging out with them after. I was so happy when I was with them, bc I love them, and my little nephew was so fun, but my heart was aching to be a mama and I didn’t know if I was ever going to get what she had. Going and being with them that day was still the right decision for me; the crying was cathartic, and it got easier with time.

3. I was desperate to get pregnant again after my first mmc, and that feeling is not much different this time around. The thought of being pregnant again within 1-3 months of my mmc kept me afloat for that time, but as month 3 came and went that hope deflated and I had to grieve all over again. I saw many women pg with rainbows 1-3 months after and I hope it happens for all of us here, but odds are it will only happen for some. Obs tell you it’s most likely his bad luck, but the percentage of miscarriages causes by chromosomal abnormalities is just 50-60%. The other 40-50% of women are like me...there’s something else going on like an easy to fix thyroid disorder or clotting disorder or hormone imbalance or something like endo or PCOS which can affect egg quality (although I guess the egg quality issues would show up in that 50-60%). It makes me so mad that they don’t just screen for these things when it’s just a simple blood test. I guess my advice is hope for that easy road from here but expect to be trying longer just in case, and push for testing sooner rather than later if you have any gut feeling at all that something is off. I have short cycles and a short LP so I just knew something was wrong and had to fight tooth and nail to get them to check and refer me. *sigh* It just really depends so go with whatever works best for you, just keep in mind that if you put all your hope in it happening fast then it can be crushing if it doesn’t work out that way.

4. Speaking of timelines, they can just add to how hard this is if you focus on them too much. I wanted my first baby before I turned 35. I had her 3 months after that and it didn’t really matter. Meeting her brought my heart so much peace regardless. I want my kids to be 2 grades apart but we only have 1-2 shots left at that so I’m trying to grieve that dream and let it go just in case. Those thoughts will always be there. It’s more a matter of not giving them too much of your time bc you just never know.

5. The anticipation of my EDD was far worse than my EDD itself. It will come, you can do something special to remember your baby, and then it will go. At least that’s how it was for me. I cried of course but I was no stranger to that over the 7 months prior. Having just gone through my second loss the week prior, four friends welcoming healthy babies in that month prior (one exactly on my EDD), and with DH out of town, I thought I was going to fall to pieces, but I didn’t. It was actually a very healing day; a day when I could finally let that baby and the dream for what could have been rest. Regardless of how it hits us individually, we will all get through it together <3

Last, I can’t remember who mentioned the emails but ugh yes it took me forever to get rid of them. One formula company even sent samples to my mom’s address around my EDD last time. I don’t even know how they got her address, and I hadn’t shared anything with her so she was very confused! Hope those reminders are gone for you all for now <3

AFM, I have my moments. I had this beautiful dream of my two kids playing together and woke up crying. I’m mostly ok, but I think that’s a combo of being a mama now and numbness from what I went through before. Somehow I feel like I’m doing this wrong, but it’s ok that it’s different this time. Doing my best to take my own advice, be kind to myself, and just trust my heart to get me through this again no matter what lies ahead.

Also can we make a rule that Thanks in this thread are hugs? That&#8217;s what it feels like to me anyway :hugs:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts lesonde, great insight into a rough, confusing somewhat lonely journey. I'm having a down moment.. Can you tell?

Gah I feel like I'm doing OK, happy even. Have had the most amazing day with my son, the weathers getting warmer (I'm in NZ so going into summer) but now that he's in bed and everything is done for the night I feel a bit flat. I have two gift bags in my wardrobe which I just spotted. One has keepsakes from my pregnancy with my son and his first year, ultrasounds, birthday cards, his little hat they pur on him when he was born, Santa photo from last Christmas. This bag is bursting full of wonderful memories. The other bag was for this pregnancy, it has some happy memories in it too, a disk with footage of our beautiful babies heart beating, the positive pregnancy test, also an ultrasound picture of my baby after their heart had stopped and a letter I wrote to them. This bag is so woefully empty it breaks my heart, I want this bag up there next to my sons, I just wish it was going to be bursting full like his.

Cramping today, EWCM, I would be surprised if I would ovulate this quickly. My two PP cycles I had ovulation spotting which was new for me. Will see if that happens again at dome stage. Having mixed emotions today about moving into a new cycle. I want to so we can move on and try again but it seems like the true end of that last pregnancy. I don't want to say goodbye to that baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->