Looking for success stories with antibodies?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
Hi all. Feeling really low right now and looking for success stories of anyone who's partner had 100% sperm antibodies? My hubby's are due to his vasectomy which he had reversed, the surgeon says the antibodies don't matter whilst the nhs say it makes him infertile x

What do you mean the reversal was successful with 100% antibodies? My DH is going in for his next month and I am trying to find out everything I can? Did they do a blood test to see if he had the antibodies first? Thank you and I hope everything works out for you and your DH XO

Maidenkates if you would like to message me any time I will give you all the information that I have. There is also a whole thread just for those who's partners are undergoing a reversal.

Basically, when a man has a vasectomy he will always develop some antibodies this is caused by blood being exposed to the places that it normally shouldn't. We had our reversal done it all went very well and our results looked fantastic, it was only because I was part of a knowledgable thread that I realised I didn't seem to have as many different figures as they seemed to talk about so I asked our surgeon for the full report, where it states that he has 100% igg (or something similar) so I asked the ladies what this meant, it was explained to me by them that this was not a good thing, it means that 100% percent of his sperm are coated in these antibodies which can mean either they can't swim properly (probably not our case as his motility is good) or it means they can't penetrate the egg, either way it means that conception is unlikely. If you ask your reversal surgeon about antibodies I guarantee he will say that they do not matter - HE IS BENDING the truth.
Don't get me wrong if a man has say 40 percent antibodies etc and a good sperm count then there is no reason that you shouldn't still conceive but with hundred percent antibodies sadly I have now called it a day on trying, it's been a heartbreaking time over the last year and sometimes even wish we hadn't had the reversal done or at least wish that it would be explained to patients properly about the possibility of these antibodies.
Even to this day our surgeon will tell us that the antibodies don't matter (12 months since reversal in June) he has no explanation for me when I produced a copy of our most recent sperm analysis from the NHS which says that his antibodies make infertility highly probable.

I wanted to be as honest with you as possible about our experience. You do need to look at all the couples on the thread though who didn't end up with antibodies and conceived really quickly after the reversal. This can happen too! Sadly for us and another lady on that thread antibodies have made another baby impossible. The other lady is going for further fertility treatment but we can't afford it, after all the reversal cost nearly £3000 as it is.

Wishing you and your partner lots of luck!! If I can help with anything else at all feel free to reply or message me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->