Looking for TTC buddies

Hi everyone

I'm wondering whether I can join you please? We found out I'd had a MMC on 30th March @ 10 weeks (having had a scan the week before because I was bleeding that showed everything was perfect). I had a surgical management on the 8th April. I was referred back to the hospital by my GP last week because I had a faint positive test after 3 weeks. I started AF exactly 28 days after surgery, and the follow up scan at the hospital confirmed it was my period returning. They were also able to see that I ovulated last month (despite the +HPT) and that I have a follicle ready for this cycle too.

My GP was concerned about my emotional state last week (previous sufferer of PND, depression and anxiety) and suggested I take a few months off to recover emotionally, but I just want to try again.

I'm now CD6 and wondering when to start OPK's? I've never used them before and just waited for nature to take it's course, but I don't want to wait another 6 months before falling pregnant again. Although the last cycle was 28 days, it's more usual for me to have a cycle lasting between 23-26 days, so I'm not sure what to do?
Hey there first off, sorry for your loss. As far as OPK's, I am CD10 and that usually the day I start to test.. unless you usually have very short cycles? In the off chance you have a 23-26 day cycle then you might want to start testing CD7

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? So sorry to hear about your loss loves cookies. I hope you're ok.

I don't have any advice about opks. My past two pregnancies I've fallen pregnant in the first month of trying by just trying to stay relax and BD every other day. I'm nearly one week in to the TWW. I'm trying really hard to keep distracted and not symptom spot. Although there's not many symptoms to spot! I have a feeling I'm not pregnant this month. I don't know why I think that, just do. If it doesn't work out this month I might use opks next month. Ah the waiting is so frustrating!!

Still very light spotting here but literally just a brown smudge when I wipe and I was naughty this morning as we dtd so I'm hoping I've not risked anything?! But it's done now. It's was nice to reconnect tho as I was spotting before my d&c so it's been about 6 weeks! And poor dh was dying lol.

Mrs d hope this is your month!!!

MrsD I have concluded that you can have every symptom imaginable and not be pregnant, have no symptoms and be pregnant and everything in between. Don't count yourself out yet. I've got all my fingers crossed for you!!!

ladyapril do you do OPKs everyday from CD10 until you hit O? I just bought my first pack of tests this month to try to figure out if I was ovulating after the D&C. Do you just test once a day, I think I read somewhere to test twice, but that seems excessive.

Ricschick I think you will probably be ok. We were worried about infection at first too, but I have been fine. Since it is only spotting and brown I would say you are finished with any active bleeds that would be a concern. It really does feel good to reconnect again doesn't it? Not being able to dtd really bothered me post-d&C. I mean, I knew I had to wait for obvious reasons, but I just felt so lonely during that time and really craved that connection.

afm I am frustrated. I finally got an almost completely negative hpt on Thursday, which in this situation made me very happy. Then today I tested again just to get a clear stark white negative, but instead it looks blazing positive. We have been trying again so if this were next week I would probably be excited, but I am only 8/9 DPO (if I actually ovulated) so I know that is too early. Prior to today they had been getting lighter everyday. I can't imagine they were all faulty tests.

Has anyone had a second surge of HCG after a miscarriage? Ugh, I really want to move on from all this.

I attached a picture. Top is Thursday, bottom is today. I even dug Thursdays out of the trash and it isn't any darker than it was when I took the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_6551.jpg
    IMG_6551.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
I'm thinking maybe today's test is faulty. I think I'll wait a few days and test again, maybe with a different brand and see what happens.

Well I got a positive OPK test today on CD12, I BD on CD7,CD,10,CD,11,CD12.. I have been getting EWCM since CD 10, so FX

Karoolia it could be a new pregnancy that is pretty dark! Mine have fluctuated but not by that much!!! Xx

Good luck lady April! That sounds very promising!

Karoolia it could be a new pregnancy that is pretty dark! Mine have fluctuated but not by that much!!! Xx

That definitely crossed my mind, but I just think it is way too early for a line like that for an actual bfp. I'm just going to wait a few days and test again and go from there.

Normally yes but I'm thinking if you still have a little hcg in your system then a new pregnancy would have topped it up so it would look darker earlier? If that makes sense! Lol. Xx

Normally yes but I'm thinking if you still have a little hcg in your system then a new pregnancy would have topped it up so it would look darker earlier? If that makes sense! Lol. Xx

I think I just need to wait and see. I did do another one today with clear blue, but changing the brand didn't help much. I don't use clear blue enough to tell if it is a dark line or not. It's definitely not a squinter. I'm going to make an effort not to test again until the end of the week so that I can see if it has gone down or stayed the same after several days. I had always planned to wait a few weeks once I got a negative, this just threw off my plan:haha:

Are you getting true negatives yet? I feel like you should be after the very faint lines you had a few days ago.

Good idea stay strong!!
Yes I got a negative this morning!!!! But wasn't fmu. Might just stop testing now and change to opks instead!! 😀

woooo!!! Congrats! FMU is obviously the best time, but in my opinion only really matters if you are right on the cusp. So yes, maybe fmu might have given you a faint positive, but by tomorrow it probably wouldn't so I would still count this as a solid negative.

I actually did most of my tests over the last few weeks in the afternoon after a long hold. I figure it's fine since I did them all at the same time.

Yay for moving on to opks!! Here's hoping that negative hpt turns into a true positive in a few weeks!

Thank you! Tbo all the tests I did were never with fmu always probably 3rd of the day so hopefully it's negative for real! I might just test again tomorrow to make sure then that's it. X

Do you have any pregnancy symptoms? Xx

I *feel* like I have symptoms, but they could easily be my imagination or they could be af approaching. Normally I don't get many af symptoms, but I have been told that the first af after a miscarriage can be rough. I tried another first response test later in the morning to see if that made a difference (more diluted not fmu like the last two that were really dark). It was lighter than my morning test from yesterday, but still darker than my test from Thursday. So bizarre.

If I ovulated when I think I did af should be due around Friday. I'm going to step away from the tests until then and see what happens. I'm definitely ok with being pregnant again right away and also ok with af arriving. What I don't want is to have lots of HCG still left and have a 2-3 month cycle, like the OB said could happen.

I really hope it's your new bfp!! Roll on Friday!!!

I got a proper negative this morning!! Woohoo! So I've moved onto opks and hoping I ov soon!

Good luck ladyapril, hope this is your month!!

That's great about your bfn ricschick. :thumbup:

Wouldn't that be exciting if it was a new bfp karoolia, fx!!

I finally stopped bleeding/spotting etc. so we dtd for the first time - my DH was also dying lol. I made him pull out though as I don't want to get pregnant again before AF returns. Back to back pregnancies seem to work out for everyone else but did not turn out well for me so we're waiting.

I still haven't taken a pregnancy test lol. Guess I should at some point.

Hope everyone has a great week! :flower:

Thanks Fit_Mama, it would definitely be exciting, but it looks like it'll be a bfn for me. I cheated and tested this morning to see what was happening and it was back to the faintest of lines. I think my body is just being really slow getting rid of the last HCG in my system. I'm thinking that dark test was just taken with a higher concentration then my others so looked darker.

I'm ok with this and just hoping af shows up on time so I can get started with my first proper cycle post mc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->