Looking for TTC buddies

I'm sorry MrsD! :(

I think it is a cruel trick of nature that af symptoms are so similar to bfp symptoms.

It is cruel isn't it!!
What number cycle are you on mrs D? I hope this is your month!

I'm still waiting no sign of a positive opk insight.

aw ricschick sorry for the wait. These darn post-mc cycles are the worst. I'm starting to doubt that my positive opk was positive at all, although it was negative a few days later and I had all the symptoms..who knows.

I guess we'll both just keep on waiting :coffee:, no sign of af for me yet. CD31 and counting.

I am 7 dpo today .. symptoms are sore boobs , been a little cranky the last 2 days and getting stomach aches? I think I just had spotting.. I am confused because I have never spotted between periods, and AF isn't due for at least another week.. this 2 week wait is making me bonkers!!!😂

ladyapril that could be implantation! You're still on the early side, but here's hoping!

I thought implantation bleeding too when I read your post Ladyapril.

AFM - I'm 5 dpo so far to early for anything to be anything, but I'm already driving myself crazy with the watching and analysing! So far all I can say is that i keep needing to pee! (Sorry tmi).

Is anyone else feeling really anxious about the prospect of being pregnant again? Saturday I was completely upset all day by rhe prospect of the only thing I want happening? And if I get AF this month then I know i'll be devastated and the only thing i'll want to do is try again next month. I don't make any sense!

cookies I think that is completely normal.

During this lovely limbo phase I have thought a few times that I might be pregnant again and each time I have felt brief excitement followed by dread, followed by relief when the test didn't get darker, followed by sadness, followed by hope for next time. It makes no sense, but it does. We desperately want our babies, but after experiencing a loss we are so filled with fear and worry that we panic at the thought of going through it again.

At this point my dream is to ignore everything then wake up one day and think "hmm it has been a few months since af", go to the doctor and get told I am already 14 weeks or so. You know just skip that whole first tri nonsense. I know that will never happen because I am way too in tune with my body and would test the second I thought there was even a chance, but a girl can dream.

Just out of curiosity to those in the two-week wait, if you don't get your BFP this month, what is your game plan for next month? I got red maca for me , and black maca for hubby. And I got royal jelly, bee propolis, bee pollen .. geritol liquid tonic,red raspberry tea, red clover blossom tea, nettles tea lol I plan on bringing out the full arsenal

Wow, ladyapril, you're going all out! You'll have to let us know how things go with all that, but fingers crossed you won't need it!

My plan is to start temping and use opks. That's about it. I already take vitamins so I'll keep doing that.

PS FINALLY got a bfn today!!! I'm so glad this whole thing is coming to an end. Hoping the clear negative means af is just around the corner.

The only time it good to say yay for bfn!

If I'm not successful this month then not much is going to change. My husband doesn't want to do or take anything to help so i'm already doing opk's in secret. I'll keep with the opk's and taking my vitamins.

What vitamins are you ladies taking? I do prenatals, Vitamin D, and B complex. I actually started those two before we started TTC, but have read that they are good for ttc so that was a happy coincidence.

I take folic acid and vitamin D. I was going switch to taking prenatals when I get my bfp (on the flawed logic that I took them throughout my pregnancy with my daughter, but didn't before I had the miscarriage), but i'm still having to take iron tablets as the pregnancy/loss made me anaemic. As prenatals contain iron it doesn't seem like a good idea to mix them. So far I'm coping with this by becoming obsessive with my diet and what/how much I'm drinking. This obsessiveness includes measuring out fluids in a jug so I can be sure I'm drinking enough!

I've also got an urge to test. This is completely alien to me as both my previous bfps have been taken after I missed af. I had to buy more tests after my surgery because my tests took so long to go negative so I have them here ready. I don't think it's helping.

But I think I've lost my sanity.

cookies if it makes you feel better about the tests, I went through more tracking my HCG down to 0 then I did when I actually found out I was pregnant. I became a tad obsessive (crazy?) about watching the lines fade.

It sounds likes you are eating and drinking well though! That's a great thing. I know I drink plenty, but my diet has suffered since the miscarriage. I sort of stopped caring for a while, gotta get that back under control. I hope your iron gets back up to normal level soon!

Hey everyone! Do you have room for more? I have read through the whole thread and I feel like this is where I belong. I wish non of us belonged here, but it's not in our hands. Last Thursday at my scan at 11w6d I found out that my little bean who had a heartbeat at 6weeks and measured perfectly had passed around the 7/8 weeks mark. I am furious that it took so long to find out and time seems to be standing still. I have a text I sent to my friend that I sent when I was 8w2d saying "Today I don't feel pregnant anymore" I wish I had listened to my I intuition. Nausea had left way too early. It feels like the day I get to try again will never come. On Saturday I took Misoprostol to induce the miscarriage. On Monday my levels were still at over 1000. My doc said I need to wait two months once my levels are below 5. It just sounds so far away and not having had a d&c I worry that maybe something didn't clear out and my levels won't drop appropriately. I'm rooting for those of you who are already trying again. I hope we all get our bfps soon.
Special hello to karoolia and rickschick as we were in the same thread before, I wish we wouldn't have to all be here :(

Hi Mom15! I'm sorry for your loss and you find yourself here.

Regarding not having a D&C, I had one and still had retained tissue which took a week to clear naturally (which no one at the hospital warned me could happen).

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the 2 month timeframe either unless misoprostol is different?
I think I was told which ever method I chose I could TTC as soon as I felt ready. Easier said than done I know. I found out our little one had passed at 10+4 and had my D&C at 11+6, so not that different from you. There were signs that I ovulated 14 days after the procedure (6 days after the last of the tissue passed) although at the time I didn't really pay it any attention, only finding out at a scan later that I definitely had ovulated. My pregnancy test was still positive after 3 weeks but af returned exactly 28 days afterwards.

Hope everything returns as quickly for you.

oh Mom15 I'm glad you found your way here, but not glad that you are here. We know the pain.

I have also looked back and wondered if I knew. I didn't feel pregnant the last week before the scan and did worry something might be wrong, but we had also just gotten a terrible diagnosis for our cat so I really wasn't paying much attention to my own symptoms.

I'm not sure why your doctor would tell you to wait two months. MY OB said to wait one full cycle to make dating easier/avoid false positives, but he also told me there was no clinical reason to wait and that as soon as we felt ready we could try again. The only hard stop rule was nothing goes in for at least two weeks to avoid infection, but I think that was because I had a D&C.

The HCG drop time seems to really vary. I finally got a clear negative yesterday, although I did notice a faint line appeared after the test dried for a while. Trying hard not to worry about that! I'm at day 33 since my D&C. I think ricschick's test showed negative after 2 weeks or so? I suppose that isn't helpful, but really I think it is useful to know that everyone is different. My OB told me he won't even worry unless I go for more than 3 months without af showing up. I really hope I don't go that long, but I'm preparing for the long haul.

Is your doctor going to monitor your HCG? Mine didn't, I just used 100s of tests to keep track (I exaggerate, but it feels like hundreds). If you are being monitored they will probably get a good sense of whether or not your levels are dropping appropriately, which will let them know if they need to worry about remaining tissue or not.

I'm hoping things go smoothly for you and that you can get back to trying as soon as possible. Feel free to vent, cry, or share anything else here :hugs:

Thank you loves and karoolia. I have searched the internet front to back and it seams like there are three answers to when to start trying. 1) when you feel ready 2) after your first period after the MC or 3) 2-3 month after the mc or neg tests. The third one always came with the explanation that it gives your uterus the chance to build a good lining again and that if you try too fast that it can result in another mc. Like you said I think everyone's body is so different so for some might be "try right away" and for others "wait a couple of months" the right answer. I did have a chemical the first cycle after weaning DS, following cycle I get pregnant and we all know how that just ended. In a way I hope it was a chromosomal issue and won't happen again, the other part wonders if I should have waited after weaning. I was temping and I could see my progesterone dropped every time when I was still nursing. Maybe it needed time to build after weaning. At 12dpo when I had my first hCG draw the progesterone was at the low end of normal but they didn't seem concerned. I also had had a sonogram to see if my fibroid had grown (its about 6-7 cm) and there was sth left in the uterus from the previous cycle, probably some lining didn't clear out, I also have a bicorbuate uterus which my doc said sometimes can make it harder to clear out every period. When I went in for my 6 week scan I asked the sonographer about the left over stuff from the previous sono and she said it looked like the baby had implanted right in that area. Again leaving me wondering if it was a bad spot and blood supply wasn't ideal. Anyway sorry for the long story, but I don't think anyone of my rl friends wants to hear about all that.
I do go in again in a week for another hCG draw or I can wait they said. I could just take a test next week, I just can hardly take the thought of seeing two lines and knowing there is nothing to be excited about. I may just pay for the blood draw. I have almost met my deductible anyway.

Mom15 I'm so sorry you are here!! But hopefully we can all move on together! I got a bfn 12 days after my dnc but it does all depend, I hope your not in limbo for long it's horrible isn't it! I hated the waiting around! I finally feel physically back to normal now so waiting on ovulation it's been along process I hope never to repeat!!!

I think I might ov soon!! I've had some brown tinged ewcm today like a blob sorry tmi! And I'm sitting here and I feel crampy and tender like I normally do but my opks are negative still but have gotten darker today so fx!!!!

Koroolia Great news on finally getting a bfn!!

Im taking 5mg a day of folic acid which my mw told me to take before my mmc so I'm continuing with that plus prenatals. I've changed the brand tho because I didn't want to use the same brand as before, I've bought ones which are a bit more money even tho I no there probably all the same it makes me feel better. I've lost 4 pounds to so far so all in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->