Looking for your thoughts

Skye1231

Reaction score
Hey Ladies :)
I'm looking for your thoughts on if you think I may have low progesterone? And what day my cycle actually started? (Friday or Saturday)

1. I went from a 28 day cycle to a 27 day cycle over the last couple months.

2. I'm going to do some serious testing this cycle to see when I OV but the one time I tested it was CD16, then I got OV pain that evening. Now every CD16 I get OV pain so I am going with that for now. That means I have an 11 day LP.

3. I spot 1-3 days before AF.

4. AF this cycle only lasted 3-4 days. CD1 (Friday) spotting, then lead to a tiny bit of a flow by midnight. CD2 (Sat) early morning, full flow (I usually have one day of heavy flow.) CD3 (Sun), slowed down to a light flow. CD4 (Mon) Still light and nothing by morning CD5 (Today).

CD1 Friday? CD1 Saturday?

Thank you.

Do you just use Ov strips or do you chart with temp etc? Opks can tell you when you have a surge of the LH hormone but does not guarantee that you will be Ov-ing. Temping is really the only way to confirm whether you did Ov.
My last baby took 2.5 years to conceive, it wasn't until around the 2 year mark that I started charting rather than just taking the positive opk and Ov pains to mean that I had Ov'd. I discovered I was getting a surge at 14 dpo, and so stopping the opks, and not actually Ov-ing until CD21, then AF would start on CD27. Barely enough time for the egg to reach the uterus, let alone implant.
A little research told me the most likely cause of this was low progesterone, I started on a low dose of B6 (careful, you don't want too much B6) and quickly found an increase in the number of days between ovulation and AF. I only took it for a couple of months, then stopped and my luteal phase stayed at 10 days, a couple of months later I was FINALLY pregnant. My periods at that time were quite light short and light.
What I'm saying is that it may be possible that your progesterone is low, but you may want to investigate further before coming to that conclusion. You should probably see the doctor rather than just self medicate as I did though. I know it wasn't the wisest thing to so.
Good Luck!

Also, I am sure I read somewhere that you should count the first day of full flow as CD1, but I can see where you'd be unsure with it only increasing so late at night.

So, I only use OPK because I've heard temping is so touchy. I'm afraid I will move in the morning and mess everything up. haha
However, it looks like that might be the way to go. I'm going to give it a couple more months before I try temping. Since my MC, its only been 5 months, so I feel like I just need to give myself a bit more time. I was probably still healing from the d & c for the first couple months, then I got a UTI last month and I've been so stressed up until last month. I'm feeling pretty good now, so its like a fresh start :)
I started 50mg of B6 and 50mg of B12 last month as well so I am hoping these are steps in the right direction.
My family DR. basically told me all I've explained to you seems fine and he isn't concerned. Now, he is not a gynecologist so I may go back and ask for a referral for a second opinion.

I think I will count CD1 Saturday since it was late night/early morning and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply motherofboys! Good luck on you ttc journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->