Losing Hope

prayingin2011

Reaction score
My husband and I ahve been TTC since February-we had an ectopic preganacy in November 2010-I am 38 and will be 39 this month. I do not have any children and he has three from previous marriages and he is 47. I keep praying and trusting God and I just knew by now I would be pregnant. It saddens me to see others pergnant and last week was very rough for me b/c he is having surgery this month so that means that we wont be able to TTC this month and this is the hardest thing that I have experienced in quite some time. Anyone have any words of encouragement or anything that can help me?

You poor thing that is tough, but you aren´t out of the game yet. I´m 38 and have had two mc and have been trying for two years now, and I sometimes I feel like time is slipping away. Then I speak to amazing women in their 40s here and read of women who are getting BFP naturally at 42 and I take a deep breath and think it is ok I have time, and so do you. Taking a month off may be just what you need too, treat it as a holiday from ttc, do everything you can´t do normally, hot baths, drink wine, don´t temp or chart or pee on any sticks and then when he is better you can both go back into it relaxed and that is when you will get your BFP. I know how your feeling I really do but we are not out of the race yet hang on in there you will get there. Baby dust.

If it helps my friend became pg at 43 with her first. She concived naturally on their first attempt!!!! Sometimes the very thing we want the most seems so far away. I'm also 38 and sometimes it feels like it's never gonna happen but we do our best to stay positive and support each other here on b & p

Hi Praying2011~
You are not alone....
I am very sorry for your loss & I do hope you find the strength to continue TTC for a while....
I think we will all know when it makes sense to explore other options. Right now, we're all here together. Let's find strength & support with each other.
Peace-

Don't give up. I had an ectopic pregnancy when I was 25 and I don't even have my right tube. I got pregnant after that and my daughter is now 9. So you can have a successful pregnancy after and ectopic pregnancy. Now to give you even more hope. I am 38 and will be 39 this month as well. I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and it is progressing well. It happened when we least expected it...I was just finishing up all the blood work that they took all through my cycle to test my progesterone on cycle day 21...my fsh on day 3 etc. Never even got the results because I am pregnant. Get this I am baffled because we really didn't even have sex really near when I should have been ovulating. Soooo my point is it will happen you just have to have faith. Hope this helps you not to give up.

Its hard not lose hope, but you have to try to keep the hope alive somehow. It helps to realize that often it just takes time....it might be a year, might be 2 years, but it will happen. (obviously theres some people it never happens for, but I like to think it will happen for everyone eventually).

I was talking to a friend on here the other day who tried for a year, miscarried and then tried another year and is now pregnant. she was talking about how random it is.... just one month bam you are pregnant. so even though we often feel man its never going to happen one of these months will be our random month.

sorry for your loss and I hope you get your bfp soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->