Losing my mind

I seriously have learned so much through this whole process it was a big eye opener!

Agreed! I'm good, don't need to learn more. I'd rather not know and accidentally get pregnant please!

Just got a call from the RE's office. DH's STD test came back normal, which made me giggle. So we are good to go! Waiting on pharmacy to get their wits together and call me to send out the meds...then going for my crash course on how to inject myself and a baseline scan on Friday. Yay! Funny how excited I am getting about being poked and prodded.

I'm in a mini dilemma. I have to go with the cash price since my insurance does not cover this..and it's 1200 dollars for one month of her services (excluding meds) or 2700 for three months. Now, if I get pregnant the first month, I lose the extra money I paid..but if I don't, then I'm still not breaking 2700 the second month..but if I go on for a third month, I would go over the 2700...I just thought at first that I would pay the 2700 because that may also motivate her to make it happen faster. Silly, but people are motivated by money...

What are your thoughts, ladies? I already planned to spend it, but it hurts since I'm also going to be paying 1500-1600 for the injectibles per month.

I would go for the 3 month plan. If you think about it what do you have to lose? If you get pregnant the first try then you paid for it (literally) lol and who cares what money you lost once your pregnant! :) That's strange though that they wouldn't give you the money back. Maybe they can credit you for baby number 2, but hopefully you won't need that.

Hmmm that's a toughie. Let me ask you this, did you RE give you an estimate on how quickly IUIs work in her experience? I mean if she has a high success rate for the first month or is it usually multiple tries? I know it's different for every woman but I know it's also different for every doctor...

I want to think optimistically and say just do the one month because that is all you need... Especially with having to pay for the injectables. But if you already planned and budgeted around the 3 month price, I'd do that, as a "just in case". Yeah maybe they can credit you service for baby #2! Lol. That's so strange that they don't have a refund policy... Almost seems unfair. It's like they know we've been programmed to expect the worst and it to take multiple tries so they make a policy that you don't get the money back...

Ok ladies I just got a call from my REs office about my test results from this morning. Not sure who this new kid is they put me ( he sounds 15 on the phone lol and all I can think is Doogie Houser) with since my other doc left, but he is efficient! My level was only 8.4 and today was CD24... He said it means I did OV but he's not impressed with the numbers. He said being on 100mg of Clomid they should have been much higher :nope: but he told me to test in 1 week and call him back with the results either way and we go from there. So I'm having mixed emotions... Happy I OVed but discouraged my doctor thinks my numbers were too low. Oh we'll... Testing next Monday I guess.

Ok ladies I just got a call from my REs office about my test results from this morning. Not sure who this new kid is they put me ( he sounds 15 on the phone lol and all I can think is Doogie Houser) with since my other doc left, but he is efficient! My level was only 8.4 and today was CD24... He said it means I did OV but he's not impressed with the numbers. He said being on 100mg of Clomid they should have been much higher :nope: but he told me to test in 1 week and call him back with the results either way and we go from there. So I'm having mixed emotions... Happy I OVed but discouraged my doctor thinks my numbers were too low. Oh we'll... Testing next Monday I guess.

So glad to hear you did ov though! That's great. I remember my progesterone was 12.4 around cd24...I would also think it should be higher with clomid too. My RE said she likes to see about 12 I think on an unmedicated cycle. Hey, younger is not always a bad thing. Means they have the latest education.

So glad to hear you did ov though! That's great. I remember my progesterone was 12.4 around cd24...I would also think it should be higher with clomid too. My RE said she likes to see about 12 I think on an unmedicated cycle. Hey, younger is not always a bad thing. Means they have the latest education.

Lol yeah that's true... I just kept thinking "lack of experience". So if the number is so low I guess I shouldn't be expecting a bfp because its highly unlikely? Does the fact that I OVed late (according to opks) at cd21/22 have anything to do with the low number? Ugh I'm so fed up with this!

Lol yeah that's true... I just kept thinking "lack of experience". So if the number is so low I guess I shouldn't be expecting a bfp because its highly unlikely? Does the fact that I OVed late (according to opks) at cd21/22 have anything to do with the low number? Ugh I'm so fed up with this!

It could. I'm sure that's a possibility. What are next steps with Doogie? Damn autocorrect on iPhone kept on wanting to call him Sophie!

Lol well Dr. Sophie-Doogie, Md. said that if I don't get a BFP this cycle that we will most likely up my dosage of the Clomid to 150mg. After that I'm not sure. Old doctor told me after next month I'd be starting IUIs... But I'm not sure if that's his game plan. Next week when I call back with my results of the pregnancy test I'm going to ask him if that's still where I'm headed... I waited a long time for IUIs to be an option, he better not take them away from me.

I already know its going to be a bfn, I don't know why I'm still holding onto any hope.

lol I can hear the theme song in my head...

how many days is your cycle? They want you to wait another week, but won't you be due for AF by then?

That has a lot to do with it because I read that it takes up to 5 days or more for your levels to rise after ovulation.

Lol well Dr. Sophie-Doogie, Md. said that if I don't get a BFP this cycle that we will most likely up my dosage of the Clomid to 150mg. After that I'm not sure. Old doctor told me after next month I'd be starting IUIs... But I'm not sure if that's his game plan. Next week when I call back with my results of the pregnancy test I'm going to ask him if that's still where I'm headed... I waited a long time for IUIs to be an option, he better not take them away from me.

I already know its going to be a bfn, I don't know why I'm still holding onto any hope.

it's your decision if you want to do iui's just be persistent and they can't tell you no!

how many days is your cycle? They want you to wait another week, but won't you be due for AF by then?

My cycle is irregular that's why he said another week. I have no idea when to expect AF this time around. In the past when I've actually OVed it was around cd17 and then AF shower around cd31.... This time I didn't OV until cd21/22 so I'm not sure if that pushes her back or what! Well either way, if she comes that's fine because that's what I'm expecting, if she doesn't and I get a bfn that's fine too because that's wht always happens and I'm tired of being optimistic about it. I'm pretty much ready for next cycle and Dr. Doogie to make something happen.

My cycle is irregular that's why he said another week. I have no idea when to expect AF this time around. In the past when I've actually OVed it was around cd17 and then AF shower around cd31.... This time I didn't OV until cd21/22 so I'm not sure if that pushes her back or what! Well either way, if she comes that's fine because that's what I'm expecting, if she doesn't and I get a bfn that's fine too because that's wht always happens and I'm tired of being optimistic about it. I'm pretty much ready for next cycle and Dr. Doogie to make something happen.

You and I have the same type of cycle going on this month and you sound just like me. I honestly am not even going to cry when i see AF this month because it's expected.

It's sad but honestly my outlook has turned from "stay positive!" To " why waste the energy when I know I'm going to be is appointed again?" I already know the outcome each month, it's almost pointless

It's sad but honestly my outlook has turned from "stay positive!" To " why waste the energy when I know I'm going to be is appointed again?" I already know the outcome each month, it's almost pointless

Exactly how I feel and actually i'm starting to accept it little by little.

Exactly how I feel and actually i'm starting to accept it little by little.

I know! ,e too! That's what's so sad! It's like each month that passes the thought that its never going to happen gets easier to accept. Every bfn is still devastating but it's to be expected now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->