losing weight while pregnant buddies???

33 - well done! :happydance:

I got weighed last night and have gained 4.5lb in the last two weeks. I've not been sticking to the plan exactly but I was quite shocked by the amount! I really need to get a handle on this - I'm pretty terrified of gaining loads of weight through the pregnancy.

It's easy to gain weight in those early weeks, especially with fluid retention, BBs growing (think mine have put on a couple of pounds each!!), and not being able to keep down healthy food.

Hang in there, you'll get a handle on it. So long as you're keeping an eye on it I doubt it'll go too badly out of control.

Do you have a plan for how much you're willing to gain this pregnancy? Last time I didn't want to go over 20lbs, and I didn't do too badly at 22lbs. This time I weigh more to begin with so I'm hoping for 10-15lbs.

Fran thats y i come off it just isnt the right diet for me so far iv lost 4 lb this week just being me eating what i fancy lol. Im still going with my mum to the meetings on a sat so il weigh etc thwre x

Can I join? I started my pregnancy with a bmi of 36. I've gained 4lbs since getting pregnant. I've had rotten MS though & having to eat whatever I can (so not a lot of healthy food, unfortunately). I was a member of Slimming World before I found out I was pregnant, but stopped during the first trimester. I'm hoping to rejoin next week though! As long as my MS allows. Eeek.

Welcome, Charmed!

4lbs in the first tri is about on target, so you're doing great so far. For me, being aware is the best way to keep on track.

Hope I'm doing as well as you are in another 8 weeks.

InVivo - I'm the opposite way around, last pregnancy my starting BMI was 42 and I barely gained anything, about half a stone in third trimester. I wasn't particularly trying, but I monitored my weight and made an effort not to eat any more than I usually did.

I've been going to SlimmingWorld for a year and my starting BMI this time was 37, and I'm hoping to maybe have a small gain in first tri (hopefully no more than I already have!!!) then maybe a similar gain in third tri. Maybe a 14-20lb maximum? I'm not too worried as I know I can get it off after, and eating healthily is more important to me. Plus I saw a documentary a couple of years ago where they had found that the biggest indicator for childhood obesity was not enough calories pre-natally, which I know is unlikely, but seems a good reason to relax.

I think I was just shocked as it was so easy last time!! lol

Camummy - I can't say it's no good for me as I've lost three stone with them in the last year (I've been messing around last few months otherwise would be more). Plus I thought it's the only diet recommended during pregnancy?

My gain is always afterwards, when I'm breastfeeding. After about 6 months of bf I usually weigh about what I did at delivery!

This time I want to be conscious of that and make good choices when I'm pregnant. Hopefully the habit will stick.

After I had Henry, I weighed about 1.5st less than when I became pregnant and I kept it off whilst breastfeeding... Right until I went back to work. It was sitting at my desk, eating snacks, that put me right back to where I started (which is why I joined SW last year lol). I don't think BF affected me either way - he stopped at 15 months and I'd been back at work for 4 months so i'd already packed it back on.

I wish I was a naturally slim person! lol

Its not a diet really im just not goin over th calories i should hav in a day i lost 4lbs this week really happy cos im in love with milk bigtime lol. I do not find dieting easy at all without exercise and evefytime i exercise i bleed or cramp drs say its normal so im doing the best i can :) x

I've been for my booking in appointment today, couldn't believe the scales at Dr showed me weighing about 10lb less than SW!

I really do need to start losing weight, i was at slimming world but i stopped going because i just dont have the motivation, i love slimming world when im motivated, im a size 16 now but a year and a half ago i was a size 10-12 :( but i had 3 miscarriages and quit smoking (again...but stuck with it this time) and so the weight has piled on, i need my motivation back so if i hang around here hopefully u ladies will inspire me to get motivated :)

Hi all. Can I join too? I'm not trying to lose weight but am very conscious of not putting too much on. My bmi is 37 (was 34 with DD) so I'm more conscious this time. I'm not following a particular plan but trying to eat healthily. Having said that, Ive had a tummy bug for the last week which has meant eating of any description is a challenge! Since the start of the pg I've lost about half a stone, mainly because I've gone off sweet things and this stupid bug! Once I'm eating properly again, I'm hoping not to pile it straight back on!

Well i wont be much help iv put 2 lb on :'( if i dont eat i feel sick salad and veggies make me feel sick only things that dont are unhealthy could cry every time i eat. Hav a proper self loathing thing going on x

Oh cat, don't feel like that. Whilst I'm concerned about my weight, I'm remembering that growing my baby is the most important job here! Any weight gained can be lost afterwards, don't be down on yourself.

Thats true theres so many risks involved tho its hard not to b x

Cat I'm exactly the same , I feel like crap and it's hard to find things I want to eat , when I actually feel like something most of the time it's unhealthy, but i just figure it's better than nothing :)

I'm praying for the end of first tri. The nausea and all day exhaustion is killing me. The only relief is when I'm eating carbs so I've gained five lbs since the day I got my bfp :( I know that once the nausea has gone I'll be able to make better choices! Roll on three weeks. Pleeeease!!

I did my official 2nd tri weigh in today and I've only gained 3 lbs for first tri so I'm really happy with that. My midwife on Wednesday said to keep my gain for the whole pregnancy 11-20lbs :)

How's everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->