Loss of appetite around 24 weeks?! Worried?

C

Chelsea.ann1

Hey girls,
Idk whether or not I should be concerned..
The last few days I've noticed absolutely nothing sounds good ever... I'm not very hungry anymore and even when I am I won't/can't eat until I'm so hungry I start to feel nauseas and almost dizzy???
I know this can't be healthy and I should eat when I feel hunger coming on but it's like the thought is sickening.. and I forget to eat!!

This has been going on for the last week or so....
Any thoughts??

I have been like this since i found out i was pregnant, i weigh less now then i did before i was pregnant, my midwife says its fine as baby is taking wat he needs from me !

I wish I wasn't so darn hungry! I'm sure it will pass.

I was like this almost all the way through my last pregnancy - after DD was born I was a stone lighter straight away than I was pre pregnancy... and she was a very healthy 8.6 lbs! Your intestines get so squashed up to make room for baby, placenta, fluid etc, its hardly suprising that appetite loss is fairly common especially later on. As long as you are keeping fluid intake to a maximum, taking a good prenatal vitamin and the weight loss isnt making you ill its not really a problem.

The fact that you are feeling sick and dizzy through lack of eating though means you should talk to your GP or midwife to make sure there isnt another underlying problem causing it x

Okay good it's not totally unusual, I wasn't sure as to if or not I should be concerned..

and yea I will bring it up at my next appt. just to calm my mind..

Thankyou girls!!

yes its something that happened to me but without the feeling sick, i just felt like i wasnt wanting anything i did not know what i wanted to eat and didnt feel like eating, but id say its been different last 2 weeks. So try not to worry your not the only one and my baby is fine in there. Just eat when u can thats all i did

Yea that's almost exactly how I've been feeling, good to know I'm not the only one.. Maybe it's a more common symptom among women expecting little girls!

Thankyou kaz29 :)

You nailed it, that's exactly how i'm feeling, but i'm expecting a baby boy

yes its something that happened to me but without the feeling sick, i just felt like i wasnt wanting anything i did not know what i wanted to eat and didnt feel like eating, but id say its been different last 2 weeks. So try not to worry your not the only one and my baby is fine in there. Just eat when u can thats all i did

i feel exactly the same, since finding out about my pregnancy i can barely eat much food, i usually eat 2 small meals a day and thats at a force. 25weeks on and i think i weight slightly less than i did before i got pregnant. at my 20week scan my little girl was right on track and measuring 1day ahead.
i do still take pregnancy vituims just because im worried i dont eat enough, but cant force myself to eat as this only makes me more sick.

i dont think u have anything to worry about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->