Lottery

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Have you or would you ever put a lottery ticket or a scratch card in a birthday card or anything like that? When my aunt got married last summer as wedding favours on the table everybody got a lottery ticket. I've always wondered if anybody ever won anything (I didn't booo!). I once got a scratchcard in a birthday card too (never won anything on that either). But what if someone you gave a ticket to actually did win? Would you not be seriously peeved lol?

On my 16th birthday when it was legal for me to play the lottery, my mum took me to buy my first ticket, which was sort of novel at the time. I've never received or given one as gift, but I like that wedding idea.
I think if I did give someone a winning lottery ticket I would be pretty peeved though, yeah! It'd also be tough for the winner I guess, as they'd likely feel like they 'owe' the person who gave it to them, tough one!

I've had this :) 2 years ago one of my clients brought all of the carers a lotto ticket & a note saying 10% of we won big. Unfortunately nobody won :( but I thought it was a nice idea! X

I do this sometimes. I put them in cards for family. Nobody has won though! Apart from once when i forgot to put it in the card, i ended up doing it and won £1 :haha:

My Mum does this a lot.

When my Aunt died, she even put some in her coffin :/

V xxx

I've done it before, only a few times though. Only 1 person won and that was 10 pounds. :)

I always do it and I would be genuinely happy if the person won. Whats meant to be will be :)

Yes and I also buy one for myself with the same numbers on it

I do this for my dad cause he is so hard to buy for. He usually gets some whisky, a random prezzie and 10 pound of scratchcards/lottery tickets. It's a bit of fun :)

My friend put one of those big scratch cards that cost a fiver in my birthday card last year and I won £130. I offered her half but she said no.

We won a tenner on one that we got in a xmas present. I would be genuinely happy that someone won if I gave it to them.

no i never do this, i would hate them if they won lol, and if they didn't win they wouldn't like me very much for buying them nothing for their bday :p

I bought scratch cards for my guests at my wedding but no one won!! I was gutted for them, id be genually happy for them if they had won even if it was thousands! it would have been fate that it was put in front of them!

No I would never buy one for me or others, it's a tax on the poor and those who are bad at maths imo. I've never received one and I'd probably be indifferent if I got one.

I may start doing this, MIL did it for us at Christmas - Its a great idea, in fact you can buy a cheap card from card factory for 50p and spend the rest of the money you would of spent on a more expensive card from clintons could be spent on a £1 lucky dip :D

Never done this, but have received scratch tickets before. It sucks if you don't win though.

I've had one given to me in a card. The nursery I worked in was being closed so all the staff was being made redundant and one of the mums gave everyone in the nursery a scratch card . I thought it was a lovely idea but I don't know if I'd do it for a birthday, I'd feel a bit tight lol x x

Funny seeing this I was in my local Co-op yesterday and an old bought £47.00 quids worth for his sister b.day, fingers cross she wins lol. But I personally wouldn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->