Lotus Birth-Updated w/ pics of our encapsulation!pg8

heaven

Mommy of 2 Beautiful Girl
Reaction score
I have posted this in a couple of places and gotten a lot of slack here. Hopefully this is the correct area and some people can share with me about their experience.

I am having a home water birth and it will also be a lotus birth. Please share your experiences if you have done either. I am especially interested in hearing more about lotus births if you have done this. Please let me know anything I would need to know, as I am a first timer at this. :happydance:

I'm not but I am interested in your reasoning why you want a lotus birth?

eta - I will be having a home water birth too and doing delayed cord clamping but don't see the point or practicality of carrying a dead piece of meat around for days.

We talked about lotus birth and why people decide to go for it on the hopefuls thread once. Snagglepat is a member that had one and there have been others if you do a search narrowed to this board. :)

This is snagglepat's website where she talks about her lotus journey

Lotus Birth

We talked about lotus birth and why people decide to go for it on the hopefuls thread once. Snagglepat is a member that had one and there have been others if you do a search narrowed to this board. :)

Lotus Birth

I haven't read that before but it is a beautiful story, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure I could do it but reading that has def changed some of my ideas about it.

xxx

Lotus Birth

I really like reading this. It just feels right to do this. For my last birth, I remember wanting an epidural and a hospital birth b/c I was so young. I couldn't imagine people wanted to do labor naturally. Since then, I have evolved spiritually and mentally. I know this doesn't seem right to many, as it is a new concept, but once people understand why-it seems the only logical choice. I couldn't kill a seperation that my child has with something, especially something that has given her life while in the womb. We are born with it and it seperates naturally, so it is only natural that the process is done naturally.

eta - I will be having a home water birth too and doing delayed cord clamping but don't see the point or practicality of carrying a dead piece of meat around for days.

Oh sure, I guess you should rip your nails right off of your hands as well, and your hair. After all, it is dead meat! :wacko:

I am sorry but your response is just ignorant.
For us, it is sacred and spiritual. Thanks.

hi i am planning a lotus birth due anytime - i think people think it is strange wanting one but once u read about it and the connection the baby has to it i cant imagine why someone wouldnt want to do it - just my opinion x good luck with it i read about actuall lotus births so i could understand what was required i think basically to start u will need a colander and a bowl - were planning on washing it and putting lavendar on it and wrapping in a cloth nappy

Oh sure, I guess you should rip your nails right off of your hands as well, and your hair. After all, it is dead meat! :wacko:

Hair and nails aren't meat and don't rot so... :roll: & Its not out of ignorance either. Ive read up on lotus births and I know that it really holds not medical reasoning (unlike delayed cord clamping) and I don't really 'get' the spiritual side of things so it's not for me. I plan on being my babys comfort once its born, I see no reason to keep a dead, salted organ in a bucket or whatever plus it's just not practical for my family as I have a 2 year old to think of too.

No need to be rude cos people don't share the same opinions as you :nope: If you make a thread on something not considered the norm, you should expect atleast some degree of 'backlash'. & I see no point in making a million threads all over the forum in hopes of having someone agree with you.

Bit sad that this thread has some bad feeling in it. :( it's pretty rare over here on this board usually. It's really hard to get tone across in type sometimes but I can see why heaven was offended by the 'dead meat' comment. It was a little insensitive. I'm a spiritual person and get why you would do it but I'm not sure I would want to myself, but never say never! :lol:

What would you refer to it as? A dead organ?

Hair and nails aren't meat and don't rot so... :roll: & Its not out of ignorance either. Ive read up on lotus births and I know that it really holds not medical reasoning (unlike delayed cord clamping) and I don't really 'get' the spiritual side of things so it's not for me. I plan on being my babys comfort once its born, I see no reason to keep a dead, salted organ in a bucket or whatever plus it's just not practical for my family as I have a 2 year old to think of too.

No need to be rude cos people don't share the same opinions as you :nope: If you make a thread on something not considered the norm, you should expect atleast some degree of 'backlash'. & I see no point in making a million threads all over the forum in hopes of having someone agree with you.

Your hair and nails are rotting cells that are dead! FYI. I am educated in this as I am a licensed cosmetologist and entering the medical field.

Anyway, since you don't understand, I am not going to press it. I am not all over this forum looking for someone to agree with me, but to learn about others who have had this experience. I heard to post it in the natural section, so I did, than I learned of the the natural birthing section and determined that would be more fitting.I guess since you only have negativity to say about it, you can leave this thread b/c the point is to gain wisdom from those who are planning the same thing Thank you to those who are supportive. I will say that this is not everyones cup of tea in advance, but again the point of this thread is for pointers of things that they did. Such as which oils worked best, how much salt, how many times a day, etc.

hi i am planning a lotus birth due anytime - i think people think it is strange wanting one but once u read about it and the connection the baby has to it i cant imagine why someone wouldnt want to do it - just my opinion x good luck with it i read about actuall lotus births so i could understand what was required i think basically to start u will need a colander and a bowl - were planning on washing it and putting lavendar on it and wrapping in a cloth nappy

You'll have to let me know how this goes for you! I am very excited for you. I just love how this sounds and feels.:thumbup:

Omg I actually can't believe you are bringing this shit in here. FFS.

I did "extended" DCC with my second, and am considering doing a lotus birth next time around. By extended, I mean that we didn't cut the cord until twelve hours later. Looking back on it, I would have liked to have done a lotus birth, but we now have the placenta in the freezer waiting to be planted under a tree. What I think is so stupendous about the placenta is that its not only a part of your baby, but also has some of you in it too. For some, its just a dead organ, or a dead piece of meat to be thrown away in the hazardous waste at the hospital without even a second glance. For others, however, it is a spiritual connection between their babies and themselves. :flower:

Snagglepats writings on her lotus birth are absolutely beautiful. I would love one, but I am pretty sure my OH would not be up for it. Plus (and I'm unsure on this because I've not researched it) I'm not sure you can encapsulate a placenta that was lotus birthed? And I feel the encapsulation is more important to ME as a mother.

The placenta is very special to some people - it is the life source of our babies for nine months. In essence it is PART of them since it's made from the same cell that they are. Of course it's going to be of value (both sentimental and physical) and of course someone who feels that value will be offended by someone referring to it as a piece of dead meat :nope: I understand the sentiment but it could have been said a little better

I find it interesting and I guess for me I have been pleased to see the back of my placentas as they were thought to be the cause for my preeclampsia. My friend is considering a lotus birth and we have talked a bit about it. I find caring for the baby is enough of a challenge for me though and the spiritual significance is not special for me so I was never upset to be parted from it although I was fascinated to have a good look over it before it was tossed. I live in a country though where it is really common to keep your placenta and perform certain rites so I understand that to many it is sacred and special. I hope you get the answers you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->