Lotus Birth-Updated w/ pics of our encapsulation!pg8

Funnily enough the cord stump freaked me out as well, but I wasn't grossed out by the cord or the placenta which I guess doesn't make much sense :rofl: the nurse showed me the placenta, explained what each bit was for... it was really interesting!!

but i hated the stump i didnt want to touch it :rofl: xx

I LOVE placentas, but hate cleaning cord stumps :rofl:

I asked our mw to show me how to clean mollys stump coz i was scared of hurting her, she was like twisting it round & ragging on it a bit BORK it made my eyes water a bit :rofl:

xx

Funnily enough the cord stump freaked me out as well, but I wasn't grossed out by the cord or the placenta which I guess doesn't make much sense :rofl: the nurse showed me the placenta, explained what each bit was for... it was really interesting!!

but i hated the stump i didnt want to touch it :rofl: xx

I LOVE placentas, but hate cleaning cord stumps :rofl:

I asked our mw to show me how to clean mollys stump coz i was scared of hurting her, she was like twisting it round & ragging on it a bit BORK it made my eyes water a bit :rofl:

xx

:rofl: That's me...although the version up here is BOKE :sick: :haha: I don't know why it bothers me so much :blush:

I am thinking of putting it in a nappy that is unused and organic, and I am thinking of using a copper bowl. Copper naturally is antimicrobial. (google it for details) It also resisits corrosion. It is supposed to be a nice metal, and since I can't afford gold:) I thought this would be nice.

My hubby wants to do the placenta encapsulation and if we choose this, than I will use the advice of the freezer lunch bag.Thanks so much for teaching us about that!

How do woman dry it out?

I think you put your oven on the lowest setting with something holding the door open. I'm not 100% sure though.

Sarah Buckley's gentle birth gentle mothering gives you lots of info on lotus birth its very informative

I think you put your oven on the lowest setting with something holding the door open. I'm not 100% sure though.

Thanks.

I found this:https://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

careful, it does show pics, so those of you who are faint at heart, I wouldn't go to it.

Thankyou for that heaven, very informative :) I don't think I could do it myself at just a few days PP though!

Interesting. I am having a woman come to the house to do the encapsulation for me.

Interesting. I am having a woman come to the house to do the encapsulation for me.

I couldn't do it myself I think either. There is just something odd about me baking and cutting up my own body to prepare to eat. I can do the lotus birth and don't think that is out of the norm, but will need help to do the encapsulation if we are going to do it.

You can get DIY kits with a dehydrator or put the oven on the lowest possible setting with a wooden spoon in the door but this is an 8 hour or more job! I've done it in the crock pot/slow cooker with the spoon keeping the lid open so it dries rather than cooks. It's much better if the woman herself can either handle it herself or get involved. It's important to get the right energy flowing by who ever is handling it if you believe in ancient Chinese / herbal medicine principles.

You can get DIY kits with a dehydrator or put the oven on the lowest possible setting with a wooden spoon in the door but this is an 8 hour or more job! I've done it in the crock pot/slow cooker with the spoon keeping the lid open so it dries rather than cooks. It's much better if the woman herself can either handle it herself or get involved. It's important to get the right energy flowing by who ever is handling it if you believe in ancient Chinese / herbal medicine principles.

Got-cha. I think in some way I am worried that it was something of my baby's and I am taking it now. Like I should bury its sacred being somewhere(we see it as a "living" unit-even though it is removed from the body). I just don't want to do something wrong.
I am definately a believer in Chinese/herbal medicine principles, so we'll have to find ways around my feelings to proceed.

Got-cha. I think in some way I am worried that it was something of my baby's and I am taking it now. Like I should bury its sacred being somewhere(we see it as a "living" unit-even though it is removed from the body). I just don't want to do something wrong.
I am definately a believer in Chinese/herbal medicine principles, so we'll have to find ways around my feelings to proceed.

I think that is what I like about encapsulating it. It nourished and protected by baby and now by injecting it, I will be better able to do the same.

And even if you can't bring yourself to do the whole process, just getting involve is great. Anyone else working with it also should clear their mind before starting and ensure they keep a good energy and mindset while handling it. When my hands ache from grinding and I feel myself tiring, I stop and pour myself a nice glass of wine or whatever and raise a drink to the placenta, mama and baby and then get back in the groove! :D

I think that is what I like about encapsulating it. It nourished and protected by baby and now by injecting it, I will be better able to do the same.

It just dawned on me that I wasn't taking it for me, but for my body to be replinished and for baby to get the nourishment while I am breastfeeding, so in this way, baby isssssssssssssssss getting it still. I am not taking anything from her:happydance:
Thanks ladies. Thanks mervs mom, I think I just changed the way I see it:)

It just dawned on me that I wasn't taking it for me, but for my body to be replinished and for baby to get the nourishment while I am breastfeeding, so in this way, baby isssssssssssssssss getting it still. I am not taking anything from her:happydance:

Just to be clear, I plan on ingesting it, not injecting it. Damn iphone!

Just to be clear, I plan on ingesting it, not injecting it. Damn iphone!

I figured you meant injection by nipple to baby's mouth:) so no worries.

A lotus birth sounds fascinating. Thank you for bringing this option to my attention. I am going to do more research.

Another good PE blog

https://placentalove.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome-to-placenta-apothecary.html

Glad you found the ladies, Heaven. I'm so sorry that you had yet another bad reaction at the start, the reason I directed you here was because that pretty much NEVER happens here, sorry again. Glad there has been some good discussion now though.

Blah, I'm really pissed off at you, this was the type of sh*t Heaven was getting hit with on the main board, I sent her here to get away from that and I was astounded when it happened again, that's not the spirit of the natural boards, we're meant to be the tolerant, decent ones.

ETA: Do you think if you did the partial Lotus with the refrigerated thing, the baby would feel the cold from it? I've read that they will flinch when the placenta is touched even when asleep, so this just sprung to mind.

i was thinking that it might be nice to make 'something' for the placenta. So you first cover it with a cloth nappy, then a second outer which you had made specially. It could be something made from a good maternity top that has served you well. You could decorate it with soft silky tabs, flowers etc, and then later the baby could have it as a comfort blanket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->