Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

Well...kind of have names picked. We've had a boys name for 10 years...Charles Louis after our dads. We had a girls name but are now reconsidering. We were going to go with Reagan Lynn but we like our second girls name better...Claire Therese. I however have always wanted Lynn...its my moms middle name and the second half of my first. So we're considering hyphenating...Claire Therese-Lynn ...too weird? The middle name would be after both of our moms...long time to decide I guess!

It's so cool to hear about your name stories. Since we know we're having a girl, we're of course only focusing on girl names. With my family, something completely different happened name-wise. We started talking about names and then my sister-in-law just kind of said, as long as you don't name her Roos (which is the Dutch equivalent for Rose and pronounced in the same way) and that is exactly one of the names we are seriously considering. I just told her she couldn't lay claim on a name and I'm not going to name our child differently because she said that. We are also considering Eva. Not quite sure about the middle names, though we know she´s going to get two middle names...

I like Claire Therese! Hermione, I´m not so sure about. It´s because, at least for me, it is such a strong character with certain characteristics both in her looks and her psyche, that I find it hard to picture the name on someone else... But as both of you already said, it doesn´t matter what other people say and think, you should name the kid however you want to!

I like Claire Therese, Not one I would have picked as I had this music teacher once called Teresa (close enough haha) and she was an evil sort, you know when a person ruins a name for you! grrrr.

Rose was on my initial list of names, I also like Rosalie. OH hates both :(

Yeah we love the name Hermione, but IF this is a girl I feel it might not happen, Alice is a firm fave though and "safe" iykwim

I like Claire Therese, Not one I would have picked as I had this music teacher once called Teresa (close enough haha) and she was an evil sort, you know when a person ruins a name for you! grrrr.

Rose was on my initial list of names, I also like Rosalie. OH hates both :(

Yeah we love the name Hermione, but IF this is a girl I feel it might not happen, Alice is a firm fave though and "safe" iykwim

That's why I find it so incredibly difficult to think of good names! As a teacher I encounter so many names and, especially in the extreme cases, these names kind of get attached to the person and I can't separate them anymore...

I could go for Roos, Rosa, Rosalin(e)/lyn(e), but not for Rosalie (I associate this name again with the fictional character from Twilight... meh). I really dig Alice!

Hey ladies, just checking in, hope everyone is doing well.

I am CD 31 and completely clueless about everything right now. I wasn't expecting to Ovulate until like last week but I think I may have ovulated earlier than that so I dunno. I am just going to wait until it's been a full "normal" cycle length until I test if AF doesn't show. I keep having thoughts that I am pregnant and I am trying to not get my hopes up. But at the same time I would totally be okay with not being pregnant right now if other things fall into place well. I might get a new job if it's worth my while (it looks like it should be...so hopefully interview goes well and they like me) and then I would hopefully be making like at least 2ce what I make now (well...by working 2ce as much as I work now, which isn't too bad...I will only take the job if they can guarantee me at least 10-15 clients a week). But it is mostly a mat-leave coverage so I probably shouldn't be pregnant if I am covering someone else's leave lol.

I would be fine if I was pregnant too...I realized today that we could totally do it and I could go back to work after a few months off..I would just have to drive OH to work and then if I had clients I would have the car so I could drop a potential LO off at the In-Laws for babysits.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, @thestarsfall. In my opinion there will never be a 'perfect' time to start a family and as long as the foundation is there (i.e. stable relationship and stable living circumstances) why not go for it?

AFM, we had our 20-week scan yesterday and it was amazing! The amount of detail you get with that ultrasound machine is incredible! We could count vertebrae and ribs, we of course saw her moving and taking little gulps of amniotic fluid. Everything looked great and we even got some cute (at least I think so, but I might be slightly prejudiced :lol:) pictures out of it. So, here are two to tide all you guys over until it's your turn!
https://bvulcanius.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/20-week-scan-feet.jpg?w=300&h=226
Her bottom, legs and feet. She's lying with her legs slightly crossed.

https://bvulcanius.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/foto7.jpg?w=300&h=225
This one pretty much speaks for itself... :cloud9:

So cute!
Guys I'm really confused now....I had some bright red spotting on Thursday night and thought AF was coming so put on a panty liner and the next day there was nothing. Had one more spotting...like literally one spot of blood on the toilet paper... on Friday morning and nothing since then. And my boobs have been sore and achy since Thursday as well But differently than usual.

I will be so annoyed if I get a BFN.... but really weirded out if I get a BFP because we literally only BDed 3 Times. ..

Sounds promising. And really, once is all it takes sometimes :lol:

Hi ladies! I've been away for a few days and trying to catch up!

What a great scan Mies! Halfway to meeting your little girl!

Any news thestarsfall? Hoping this is your month!!

Not much to report for me...just counting down to our first scan..10 more days!

Not testing until Saturday, but I am pretty sure I am out...was having barely spotting (like not enough to be sure, but enough that it was darker than just pee when I wiped)...and now some actual blood that just looks like regular AF...so we'll see if that continues, and if so I'll not test but likely make an appointment because spotting isn't my normal.

Hey Ladies!

How are you all doing 16 weeks today here, but we don't have another scan until the 7th October.

Starting to feel much better though just tired ever so tired! Great scan pics and good luck to all those still waiting to test!

I'm out. But I ordered some vitex and gave hubby a schedule lol. I hope this month will work out!

So sorry thestarsfall :hugs: hopefully next month is your month!

AFM I have been severely nauseated the last few days. Actually took a day and a half off work (said I had a stomach bug...just didn't mention it wouldn't go away for 7 more months LOL). Feeling better today so counting that as a blessing!

Rhi- you will have to let us know how your scan goes tomorrow!! So exciting!

Hi yeah, It's a BOY ! :)

I knew it ! hahaha.

Also had my 16 week app today, my bp is 80/50 ! but they didn't seem to care and told me to drink more fluids, even though I fainted the other week, and yesterday nearly hit the deck waiting for a bus :( oh well... my next app isn't until the 15th of November, maybe I am being sensitive but I would have thought they might like to see me before then because of the BP, but nope :( and of course it was ANOTHER midwife, really no one to one care at all is there ?! with my last I had the same midwife, with this one I have three and "will have any one of the three at any given app" how personal eh ?! Glad I will just give birth in the bloody hospital, would hate to have one of these strangers come to my house for home birth !

Yay!! Congratulations on the little boy! Guess your instinct was correct :)

Rhi, congratulations!

As for the midwife situation, it's the same over here. I don't really mind, though. I think there are actually five of them at the practice. I don't think one-to-one care is very realistic: what if you are going into labour and 'your' midwife has her day off or is on holiday?

So, you're going for a hospital birth. Did you have a hospital birth with your first child as well?

We're preparing for a home birth. However, I have read/heard that 50% of the women who intend to deliver their first child at home end up delivering their babies in the hospital anyway... I hope that's not the case with me...

Yeah,I did :) I think I wouldn't mind but with my last child it was one on one and that is how I have always known it to be done :( yeah there would be always be an on call random midwife, but it was nice to know the voice on the end of the line and vice versa...

I am going under consultant care because of previous heart problems etc so I hadn't even ever considered a home birth tbh.. the idea of one sounds good :) but im such a worry wart haha !!!

Edit : shared care is what I meant lol. Not sole dr care. It's late ahah

I think the midwives here are one on one but they'll have a backup. It's high demand and they only see I think like 4 women due in the same month? If that makes any sense. But we're still in the whole "Everyone has an OB for giving birth" and midwives are more for the crunchy ppl. Lol.

Today my husband could feel te baby kick for the first time. So cute! She's moving like crazy today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->