Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

Wow! it's coming up so quickly Mies! Do you have everything ready for her? Sorry that it's been uncomfortable for you... have you looked into getting a massage or something along those lines to see if it helps?

Two more days at work before I go on leave. Just a little less than 5 weeks until edd!

yay!!! it's getting so close now!

i only have 13 working days left, i do have a nice chunk off at Christmas though and then i only go back for 2 working weeks MENTAL!

Getting close !!!

Yup, it's definitely getting close and my body is noticing it, too... Walking and sleeping have now become cumbersome and I feel like my 'bump' couldn't get any bigger.

Everything is set to go for a home delivery, which means my bed is approximately 1m (and then some) high, so I have to get in and out of bed using a stool.

I think I have now reached the point that I'm getting fed up with being pregnant, but I still have three weeks to go (I hope, since I really wouldn't want her to arrive any earlier than that).

How are you all doing?

I'm doing good. Like you I am a bit fed up with the bump haha. It's really the only thing that is bothering me, stops me getting a decent nights sleep etc. Going to pack hospital bag in the new year just incase. Had another scan (been having one every 4 weeks) baby is estimated to be well into the 90th percentile. And is around 2 weeks ahead in length and fundal height etc; I take the growth estimates with a pinch of salt though tbh.. but it is a worry cos I'm only a tiny 5 foot haha.... I don't have any room for this giant baby lol :p

Awesome news that you ladies are so close!!

I'm still at the point of enjoying the bump, what little there is lol. When I tell people I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant they look at me like I'm crazy since there isn't much there. But I'm sure in the next few weeks I'll start growing a bit more :)

I look like I'm fit to explode! We're all ready my slight OCD make me freak out and have everything ready for christmas!

Sometimes OCD can come in handy chazz lol. I can't wait to start hearing about all these babies being born!

AFM, doing well...just at the start of third tri and I can't believe its here already! Baby boy is doing well and I am finally starting to look like I'm pregnant lol.

Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and continues to do well!

My bump 'exploded' when I was about 34 weeks pregnant, and it's still growing! Every time I think it couldn't possibly get any bigger, it actually does! 38 weeks pregnant today, seeing the midwife every week now. The majority of my time spent there is spent in the waiting room, because they always run late...

Anyways, I'm glad we're in 2014 now, because I really wanted a 2014 baby and now she will be. Everything's ready and set to go, so that's good. I haven't really been 'nesting' (yet).

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and has a fantastic 2014 with happy and healthy babies!

I'm really struggling being back at work :( only 8 more working days though! Phew!

Adorable bump chazz! And hang in there...you can make it! How does maternity leave work in the UK? How much time off are you guys given?

Mies- you're so close!! Do you feel ready yet?

Rhi- how have you been?

AFM, had my GTT this morning. Won't know if I passed until next week but glad to have it over with! I also talked to my hubby and decided to have my last day of work be march 21st if he's not here yet. A little over 10 weeks to go...and I'm going to be a SAHM afterwards so really excited! Work will find out after leave though :) otherwise doing well. We are in the middle of a remodel that should be done by the end of next week. And then will start setting nursery up!

Our daughter Nora was born on January 5. Because my waters broke and I wasn't having any serious contractions within 24hrs I had to go to the hospital to be induced. We also had to stay there for another 24hrs after the birth for regular checkups. We're home now and doing well (even though we're dead on our feet).

Yay!!! Congratulations! How much did she weigh etc? I'm so happy for you that you have your little girl! And what a beautiful name!

Aww yay congrats :) lovely name!

I'm "done" now lol although I know I have weeks left :/ I am having a horrible time just now. I had to put one of our dogs to sleep on monday. (Illness)

pregnancy wise I am having braxton hicks every so often now... but that is about it, I get another growth scan on tuesday. And hopefully that will be my last one !!!! :)

Sorry that your having such a rough time Rhi and so sorry about your pup. :hugs: Hopefully this will be your last scan! If you dont mind me asking, what is causing you to have to go for multiple growth scans?

Yay our first baby!

I think maternity pay works differently at different places i know the standard maternity pay is £100 and something a week for 39 weeks.

At my work i get Occupational Maternity Pay which means i can have up to a 52 weeks off work and i get paid the following;

10 weeks at full pay, 16 weeks at half pay plus standard rate SMP and the
remaining 13 weeks at standard rate SMP and then the rest is unpaid.

I am using 3 weeks annual leave before i start my maternity leave and then 42 weeks maternity leave, so 10 weeks short of the full year, i would love to take the full year but i am the main breadwinner and i think we will have run out of our savings we will be using to top up my wages at about that time, well from my calculations anyway.

But if it turns out were doing better than expected as long as i give work 8 weeks notice i can take the rest of my time :)

Wow! That is amazing! We have nowhere near that amount off!

Here as long as you've worked somewhere for a year you're entitled to 12 weeks off for family or medical issues. Whether you are paid or not is dependant upon the individual company, but your job must be held.

At my work, we get paid 4 weeks parental leave, then an additional 6 weeks (natural birth) or 8 weeks (c-section) of disability pay. So in total 10-12 weeks paid. If I have a natural birth and want to take my full entitled 12 weeks, I would have to either use vacation time or go unpaid.

And that seems to be the more generous paid leave that I've hear of. Teachers in my state only get 4 weeks paid and then have to use vacation or go unpaid....

My leave was just approved so march 21st is my last day working in an office for about 6 years or so! Just have to inform work at the end of my leave...lol.Very much looking forward to being home with my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->