Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

Wow! That is amazing! We have nowhere near that amount off!

Here as long as you've worked somewhere for a year you're entitled to 12 weeks off for family or medical issues. Whether you are paid or not is dependant upon the individual company, but your job must be held.

At my work, we get paid 4 weeks parental leave, then an additional 6 weeks (natural birth) or 8 weeks (c-section) of disability pay. So in total 10-12 weeks paid. If I have a natural birth and want to take my full entitled 12 weeks, I would have to either use vacation time or go unpaid.

And that seems to be the more generous paid leave that I've hear of. Teachers in my state only get 4 weeks paid and then have to use vacation or go unpaid....

My leave was just approved so march 21st is my last day working in an office for about 6 years or so! Just have to inform work at the end of my leave...lol.Very much looking forward to being home with my LO.

wow thats not much at all, at my work place we are pretty 'untouchable' as well when on maternity leave, so for instance, we have been informed that there are possibly redundancies coming up in March, but as i am on maternity leave if my post was effected i have to be offered something else of the same pay and level, so they just have to find something for me.

So i count myself quiet lucky to be out of here while they are making any changes.

I know its not the same for all work places though i have some friends who are pregnant that work in a hair dressers and their employers have been a right pain about it all.

That is great that you will be out while all the changes are sorted out! Have you thought of his name yet? I know you were thinking Freddie for awhile right?

That is great that you will be out while all the changes are sorted out! Have you thought of his name yet? I know you were thinking Freddie for awhile right?

Freddie is still our front runner so it looks like he will be;

Freddie Daniel David Werren

Daniel is my partners name and David is his dads

Congrats Mies!

Sorry I have been absent, but honestly it was just frustrating because I am still not pregnant. I have chalked it up to a)hubby not being 100% into it yet, b) hubby not knowing how things worked at all until a few months ago c) timing issues for BD around ovulation and d) weird effects of birth control for the first several months. We're taking a break from TTC and back to NTNP until April again and then I'll kick his butt in gear and hopefully fall pregnant in April or May of this year...and if not, it's off to the Doctors for me.

So I might check in on this thread if there's new things and to see when the rest of you have your kids, but otherwise I'm not really in the TTC crowd right now, so, farewell!

Wonderful name choices chazz! Not too much longer until you get to meet your little guy!

Thestarsfall- sorry to hear that your DH hasn't been as engaged in the process as you'd like. Best of luck to you- remember that it WILL happen for you and we will be here to support you through the whole process! Keep us updated!

Hi ladies!

I haven't been around for a while either, but I've been keeping my eye on this thread.

I can't believe you're all so close to having your babies in your arms! Congratulations to you all and good luck for when babies start making their way into the world :)

I can't remember the last time I posted, so apologies if I repeat myself.

We're still not pregnant. It's very unlikely to happen naturally for us due to my husband's low sperm count and very poor motility. We've got our second appointment with our infertility consultant this afternoon. We'll be getting hubby's latest semen analysis results and hopefully getting a better idea of what our next step is in relation to being referred for ivf.

I'm not a student midwife anymore. Not sure if I've posted since I quit my training. Just couldn't face delivering other peoples babies anymore. I'm working in customer services now, which is what I was doing before I went to Uni, and it's going well. Unfortunately, it's a very big company and seems to be going through a bit of a baby boom, so I'm almost as surrounded by bumps now as I was in antenatal clinic!!

Obviously, I'm hoping 2014 will be our year :)

Good luck to you all :) I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you're all doing x

Pinkdragonfly- I'm sorry to hear of the continued infertility issues. It sounds like you guys have a good plan in place though and are working with the doctors to explore all your options. I know that 2014 will be your year and we will all be here to help you through the process and celebrate when it happens. Keep us updated!

Starting to get all new aches and pains! 38 weeks next week! Come on baby!

Wahoo! Not too much linger for you now chazz! Rhi should also be getting close. I've been getting BH contractions for the last 2 weeks and its really making this all seem so close!

I'm getting pretty fed up now :( although EDD isn't till the 8th I was hopefull he would come early, he is measuring ahead and I feel like crap all the time :( sorry to moan so much haha but I am so done :p

Sorry Rhi! It will be here soon though! Hang in there for just a little bit longer!

I think because I went two weeks over with my first I felt it would only be fair to go a wee bit sooner this time ahah :) no such luck yet. . Fingers crossed though xx

Haha...makes perfect sense to me! The universe needs to balance itself out like that sometimes! Have you been having any labor signs?

Not really :( I was having some period type pains all weekend but they amounted to nothing. And today I'm fine besides feeling sick.. which happens alot lately... I think I'm being punished for never having morning sickness haha x

I know how you feel! We have been in hospital this morning little mans movements had really slowed down so I had a panic and went in to be monitored all was fine I'm just a worrier I want him out now lol c

Glad everything is fine :) hopefully we don't have too much of a wait left!

Glad to hear everything is okay chazz! Who knows...maybe you and Rhi will go on the same day!

I met a very good friend on this forum, it turned out she lived round the corner from me she was due in the 12th but had her little man yesterday! I'm so excited I can't wait to go and see him but it makes me want mine to come even quicker lol ! How is everyone doing?

That is great that you have a new friend who lives so close chazz!! It will be great to get together while your boys grow :)

Doing well over here! Baby was in a bad position for several days and pushing on my pelvic bone making it painful to walk. Thankfully he shifted so back to normal! He is still not quite head down and slightly transverse...still plenty of time though to get into position.

I can't believe its nearly time for you ladies to have your babies!

Hi gals! Any baby news updates? Or labor signs? I'm so excited for you girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->