Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

They are confusing, because it doesn't always mean it's close. I've had dark ones, then white then suddenly positive! Just keep testing until you get a positive hun x

Ohh that's good to hear :) Think I will leave it a few days then and then start testing, I shouldn't ovulate for like 9 days.

Hi ladies!

I'm cd4 now. Feeling a bit down, if I'm honest :( I've got an assignment due in next week and I'm really struggling with it. It's not a subject I'm interested in - it's not midwifery related at all, really, so I'm struggling to find the motivation and I'm sad that I didn't feel pregnant last cycle, even though I keep telling myself that I'm being stupid because we weren't supposed to be TTC until April anyway!

I'm starting to doubt myself :( the plan is that I'll take a year out for maternity leave and go back to my training afterwards, but if I can't cope with my assignments now, how will I manage with a baby to look after?? I know the sensible thing to do would be to wait nail after I qualify, but my husband and I have discussed it and I don't want to wait. I'm doing really well in my degree so far, getting much better grades than I expected, but I'm not really enjoying it. I spent years thinking that being a midwife was what I really wanted to do with my life, but I'm not enjoying it the way I thought I would and part of me wonders whether I was drawn to midwifery because I wanted to be pregnant, because even though I'm still fascinated by the whole childbearing continuum, I'm just not feeling the same passion for midwifery that I was and it's really hard to stay motivated with the level of work required for this course when you're not really feeling it :(

Grrr! Sorry girls, I didn't mean to go on. Hopefully I'll feel better next week when my assignment is submitted and my period is gone and I'm hopefully closer to ovulation. Stupid pms hormones!

Is everyone else having a better day than I am? Lol x

Aww, that's too bad you're feeling down.

I recognize some things in what you're saying, though. I'm doing my masters in education now and I'm over halfway there. I'm doing really well, am on track and everything. I'm doing the course because I want to be able to teach upper school children (15-18) and I can't do that (legally) with just my bachelors in education.

Anyways, I'm really preoccupied with all this ttc and baby stuff at the moment and am not exactly keeping up with course work. My DH and I decided we would try for a baby now since I wouldn't be due before graduation. However, if I keep not doing the course work I probably won't make it before December.

I'm 29 now and the way I see it is like this: what if I start now and it takes longer than we want to conceive? What if I waited and will have a hard time to conceive? What is more important to me? Is it the masters degree or is it having a family? My answer would be: having a family. So I'll just try to focus and make it, if not, I'll try to pick up where I left off when I feel I'm ready after having a baby and I'll see how things go then.

I just don't want to look back and think: why did I wait so long before trying?!?

That's exactly how I feel, mies! I'm 29 and it's taken this long for us to be in a financial position where we can afford for me to quit my job and start my degree, but it's also taken this long for my husband to be ready to TTC! We've been together 8 years in July, and I've wanted a baby for a long time, but he wasn't ready. It took him 6 and a half years to propose and I was starting to think that we would never get married and never have a family, so getting married on New Year's Eve and then agreeing to TTC... It just feels like everything is falling into place.

My degree is still important to me. Even though I'm not feeling the same passion for midwifery as I did before, it is a wonderful job and a good career and I fully intend to finish my training. We can manage financially and I've got plenty of family support. I'm just not willing to put TTC on hold because having a baby is more important to me. There are women on my course who are 15 years older than I am, so it's not like I could never go back and start over if I didn't manage to finish my degree within the 5 years allowed.

It's just had when I'm having a down day, like today, and I've got essays to write and journals to read :(

I'd say go with having a family if that feels the most important. I was doing my accountancy qualification when I found out I was pregnant with ds1, I passed 2 exams when I was pregnant and then that leaves 2 exams left.
Well that was 4 years ago, and I haven't done another exam since and I left my job and became a SAHM because I hated the thought of leaving him and haven't really looked back!
People always ask me when i am going back to work, but to be honest i haven't really got any plans to. I think some people have thought it was a waste maybe, going to uni and then more studying but that was what suited me then, now i feel like i am different person and i'm doing something i love! I love everyday i get to spend with my children, i couldn't say that previously!

I'd say go with having a family if that feels the most important. I was doing my accountancy qualification when I found out I was pregnant with ds1, I passed 2 exams when I was pregnant and then that leaves 2 exams left.
Well that was 4 years ago, and I haven't done another exam since and I left my job and became a SAHM because I hated the thought of leaving him and haven't really looked back!
People always ask me when i am going back to work, but to be honest i haven't really got any plans to. I think some people have thought it was a waste maybe, going to uni and then more studying but that was what suited me then, now i feel like i am different person and i'm doing something i love! I love everyday i get to spend with my children, i couldn't say that previously!

I hate it when people say that! What's wrong with getting a good education. You would say your children will benefit from that, right?!

Yes absolutely, and its always something you can fall back on if need be later on. :)

This thread is great thank you!!

I'm currently in my final few months of my PhD and then I write up. I had my little boy whilst doing my PhD and now we would like a sibling for him. I have totally lost all passion for my PhD and I feel like a failure that I just dont feel interested in it anymore. My perspectives on life and what I want from it have totally changed since our little boy came along though and I get annoyed that I am made to feel bad for wanting a family. For a few months we oput off trying for a 2nd as I worried what people at work would say but I then realised what matters to me is MY life and my family so we are now all systems go. I just hope if and when I fall pregnant when I tell supervisors etc they dont go off on one. However if I do fall pregnant now baby wont be born till after I have left to write up anyway. After that who knows! Maybe another baby or some time off to spend it with them or back to work??

I just wish I didnt feel so bad for wanting a family so much.

I am dreading writing my thesis though :wacko:

Does the darkness of the Opk have any relevance to how close you are to OV then ?
Now I have looked at some OPK tests online I can see it is no where near as dark as it needs to be .. BUT it looks dark for cycle day 9.. unless that is irrelevant ? I am only asking because I took todays for a practice go, and wasn't going to begin testing until around next Saturday but now I am worried :dohh:

This is the darkest mine got but i think i am a bit of a freak with these things it would seem!

Look at your ticker ! exciting !!! I'm jealous lol :)

Look at your ticker ! exciting !!! I'm jealous lol :)

lol i am not getting my hopes up, as i know we would be super lucky to hit the jackpot first time round, i am tempted to maybe do a test on Sunday though lol

Maybe, but technically you have the same chance every month :)! so why not eh !

Test on Sunday !!! :D

Ok Sunday it is, i have enough tests prepped and ready to go so i might as well!

I did however have some EWCM yesterday which properly confused me! Any ideas?

Can be a sign of a bfp hun, but sometimes can also just be an increase in oestrogen unfortunately :(

It is so frustrating for sure! wishing you lots of luck hun x

Good luck ! :)

I weighed myself today because I was convinced I had put on about 12 lb! :dohh: I was worried because I gave up dieting again about a month ago, (because I am lazy) and I just started freaking out that I will be huge whilst pregnant and then never loose it etc :haha: When we originally set a ttc date in January I was certain I would loose 2 stone by now! I only lost about 8 lb :blush: I know it sounds silly but I keep imagining going into the midwifes for the intial weighing and her saying "oh you're a fatty ain't ya" Or something along those lines (pointing out my weight etc). I weigh 135 lb which I know isn't huge but I feel pretty bummed about it :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->