Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

I'm not a big weight freak, but must confess I feel a litter overweight. I'm about 148 lbs (67kg) and 1.69m. I'm not a big gym person and I really don't like running (I've done it in the past, though). However, I wouldn't care what any midwife would say to me about my weight unless I'm putting myself and/or unborn baby in danger...

I caved and did my first OPK of the cycle today. It wasn't even near a positive, but there's a very faint line starting there. So I figured I'll just keep on testing daily until the line gets darker and then, when I feel it's dark enough, test twice.

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t656/Mies84/81b3f218-8c2e-49a6-ab46-c4b12252310a_zps368c12cb.jpg

It actually looks a bit like my OPK from CD13/14 of my previous cycle, so since it's CD11 for me today I might deduct that I'm two days or so ahead of my previous cycle. That would mean that I might ovulate on CD15 (instead of CD17 of last cycle)...

Seems like there's work to be done... :winkwink:

Does the darkness of the Opk have any relevance to how close you are to OV then ?
Now I have looked at some OPK tests online I can see it is no where near as dark as it needs to be .. BUT it looks dark for cycle day 9.. unless that is irrelevant ? I am only asking because I took todays for a practice go, and wasn't going to begin testing until around next Saturday but now I am worried :dohh:

I would keep testing regularly until your line disappears. If I compare your OPK to one of mine of previous cycle, it looks like mine in the morning before I got my darkest (positive) OPK (CD16 in the AM).

Tested a few hours ago and nothing ! =s must of been a freak line then ?! I hope. =/
nothing at all is showing up now =s

Tested a few hours ago and nothing ! =s must of been a freak line then ?! I hope. =/
nothing at all is showing up now =s

This is what happened to me but on CD13/14 it got to the same colour as yours but didn't progress and then vanished! This lined up with EWCM for me and i think its when i ovulated, but as far as i can tell from reading a billion and one threads on google it is fairly normal for them to fluctuate in colour and then start to progress properly. Just keep testing :)

Thanks, I am just super worried That I missed it now, even though I think it highly unlikely I would of ovulated on cycle day 9 haha. It will likely start going dark again in a few days after all it was dark but it was still negative, think I will start testing twice a day from today onwards :)

How do u feel ?! Or are you not thinking about it ? x

Thanks, I am just super worried That I missed it now, even though I think it highly unlikely I would of ovulated on cycle day 9 haha. It will likely start going dark again in a few days after all it was dark but it was still negative, think I will start testing twice a day from today onwards :)

How do u feel ?! Or are you not thinking about it ? x

I am trying not to symptom spot to much as i will feel like a douche if its negative :(

However i did have a weird metallic taste in my mouth just for a few minutes earlier today so got on the google to have a look and see if it meant anything :headspin:

I don't think you have missed it yet, just keep testing and i am sure it will come back darker :)

Ohhh I had that when I was pregnant, Like sucking on a penny !!

fingers crossed it means something then :) x

Not to discourage anyone, but I got that metallic taste each cycle after O... I hope it means something for you though. Symptom spotting is just tricky business...

Ewwww. I don't envy that, I had it for a few weeks solid when I was pregnant and it made me feel sick constantly when I think about the taste I feel sick.

Yep the line on an opk can come and go Rhi, unfortunately. Pretty sure you haven't missed it, keep testing :thumbup:

Hope a metallic taste is a bfp sign for you :)

ANOTHER good and bad symptom! Every time i google one it cos well it could be and it might not hehe!

I also have back pains but i think that's from where i played netball on Monday and they made me do tons of running about!

Hey, only just saw the thread moved! Hope everyone's doing ok. I'm on cd 13, according to my app I should ov on Friday. We will only really get chance to bd tonight and Sunday, so pretty sure we will miss it this month. I'm not temping or using opks or anything tho maybe lucky if ov earlier or later.

Having the afternoon from hell with my almost 5 year old today! He is currently confined to his bedroom/bed after throwing a mighty tantrum which involved him stripping his bookcase of all books and launching them at me. Whilst screaming "I hate you I want to go back to school" And kicking me in the face when I tried to help him take his school shoes off...

It's enough to put anyone off ttc hahaha

Wow Rhi_Rhi that does sound like the afternoon from hell. It can't be fun dealing with your own child's tantrums especially when they yell "I hate you!"

Yeah you do wonder if you're mad, when you have a hard day with them! I remember about the month after we conceived ds2, ds1 became a lot harder work and we thought would we have carried on ttc, if we'd known! :haha: but of course we don't regret it really and hey we're going for number 3!

Twins... Ughhhhh too much work haha. My two closest friends have identical twin girls(I hope it isn't contagious) !! So I feel a bit left out haha, One set are 3 and the other set just turned 5. Mostly I am just jealous they get to buy barbies and paint things Pink! :p

It drives my Lo MAD, he said to me the other day(about one set of the girls) "I don't want to go and play with them today, because one of them keeps hitting me AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE" He seemed annoyed lol

Twins... Ughhhhh too much work haha. My two closest friends have identical twin girls(I hope it isn't contagious) !! So I feel a bit left out haha, One set are 3 and the other set just turned 5. Mostly I am just jealous they get to buy barbies and paint things Pink! :p

It drives my Lo MAD, he said to me the other day(about one set of the girls) "I don't want to go and play with them today, because one of them keeps hitting me AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE" He seemed annoyed lol

haha :haha:

Haha, Rhi_Rhi, your LO is too funny!

My MIL keeps saying that she would like for my DH and me to have twins, but I always tell her "no way!" Don't get me wrong: if it happens, it happens. But I'm certainly not going to wish for it. I just want to start off slowly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->