Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

Hi girls, sorry it's been a while since I checked in :(

You might remember that I stopped taking my pill at the beginning of march and my husband wanted to wait until April to actually start trying. Well, that kind of fell by the wayside a bit and we had sex every other day, regardless of whether there were any signs of ovulation. I had trouble charting because my sleep is so disrupted that my temps were all over the place, and my hubby agreed that is wouldn't be so bad if we fell pregnant straight away and ended up with a December baby...

But my period came today :( so I'm cd1 again :(

I had a 31 day cycle, first month off the pill, so I guess I should be pleased that I didn't have a super long cycle, but I think I ovulated on cd20, so I had a short luteal phase :(

Here's hoping for more luck in April!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else on cd1?

Hi there, and welcome!

Too bad first cycle wasn't it for you, but I'm happy you're joining us now.

I had kind of a crappy day at work today. Two girls were fighting during lunch break and one had quite a bit of her hair torn out... What I hated most about it, though, was that all the other bystanding teenagers were just taking pictures of the large tuft of hair lying on the floor.:growlmad:

That's really sad. One thing I remember is that kids are cruel and looking back I still can't work out what makes us so nasty as teenagers. We weren't aloud phones at school though and that was long before f.b etc. I imagine that was all over social media in seconds, seems so much harder now and of course bullying has never been easier :(

There's actually a constant debate on the use of mobiles/smartphones at our school. I just think it's not so much the mobile phones, but the increasing lack of values among the student population (and their parents btw!).

I have no idea what's going on, AF was due Wednesday/Thursday and now it's Saturday and 2 BFNs later still no AF. Pretty frustrated cos I have all these symptoms and no AF, but also have no idea of my cycles because its my first month off BC, but I wasn't irregular before BC
I am just sad :(

Try not to worry I am sure it is just your body getting used to not being on BC.

My temp stayed higher this morning so I think I have ovulated one more higher temp and I guess I'm officially 2 week waiting!

Ooh, that's sooo exciting! I'm hoping for a lot more higher temps for you! :winkwink: Keep us posted on your TWW!

Not really TTC related but look at this beast I found in my loft earlier lol ! My old pram (from when i was a baby) haha not sure why it looks black in second picture =s its dark red lol

Attachments

• IMG_20130413_132432.jpg
    IMG_20130413_132432.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20130413_160758.jpg
    IMG_20130413_160758.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5
Not really TTC related but look at this beast I found in my loft earlier lol ! My old pram (from when i was a baby) haha not sure why it looks black in second picture =s its dark red lol

Thats pretty old skool! I am still not 100% sure if i have ovulated ladies if the temp stays high for 3 days does it mean i defo have? My OPK's are doing my fricking head in they go from nothing to mild lines like the ones i showed the other day so i go from thinking it has gone to draggin the OH back in for some more BDing just encase!

I love it! I'm hoping we'll get to use the pram my DH was rolled around in.

Thats pretty old skool! I am still not 100% sure if i have ovulated ladies if the temp stays high for 3 days does it mean i defo have? My OPK's are doing my fricking head in they go from nothing to mild lines like the ones i showed the other day so i go from thinking it has gone to draggin the OH back in for some more BDing just encase!

Just wait and see what FF does. I'm crossing my fingers for you to get your crosshairs!

Tbh I don't know, but I don't think u have missed it as u have been DTD so often (I assume from your posts lol) I would just keep DTD for a few more days to be sure =) I think opks and temps can be fiddly and miss ov completely. X

Thanks Guys! Your really keeping me from going crazy! I'm just such a worrier! lol your right we won't have missed in terms of BDing but it panics me that cos I havnt seen it cos its not there :$ honestly thanks for being awesome and putting up with my posts! X

I have heard that sometimes the cheaper ovulation tests just never get darker than a certain amount, so...I dunno.

AF is gone for me, and I did some calculations and if I ovulate when I think I will (late like usual, so not until May actually), then LO would be due end of January which would be awesomesauce.

Unfortunately it's so far away that ovulation would potentially occur (like 20 days...ugh). but no matter, DH isn;t even home right now so nothing can happen. And I am sick. Ugh...I hate being sick.

I feel a bit lost though now that I'm kinda officially/unofficially NTNP/TTC. This happened the last time too where when I was WTT I was all over baby sites and looking at things and planning things and writing down things I want for a registry and all that. And now I have no desire to look up those things. Maybe I feel like I'll be jinxing myself. lol.

Argh, so this likely won't work out, but how perfect would this be?

If my cycles end up getting shorter (like I hope they are, last one was 42 days, this past one was 39...I have had 29 day ones before so that would be nice...average is 35 apparently according to FF and another app I have) then it could potentially end up that if this cycle doesn't work out then if next cycle does, I would be testing on Father's day! OMG that woudl be awesome.

However, with the more accuratly predicting app on my phone (it was only a day off this time, whereas the others were like half a week off) I wouldn't even be ovulating until Father's day. Lamesauce.

thestarsfall's post reminded me: when are all of you going to test?

I am hoping to stick it out until after AF would be due, which would be 10 May (Ascension day). I'll have Thursday and Friday and the weekend off from work then, so I figured I'd either have lots of days to privately celebrate or time to get past the disappointment by doing lots of fun stuff!

Yes 10th May for me too, i'd be approximately 10dpo then :) I got a faint bfp with ds2 at 9dpo and quite a good line at 10dpo.

Argh, so this likely won't work out, but how perfect would this be?

If my cycles end up getting shorter (like I hope they are, last one was 42 days, this past one was 39...I have had 29 day ones before so that would be nice...average is 35 apparently according to FF and another app I have) then it could potentially end up that if this cycle doesn't work out then if next cycle does, I would be testing on Father's day! OMG that woudl be awesome.

However, with the more accuratly predicting app on my phone (it was only a day off this time, whereas the others were like half a week off) I wouldn't even be ovulating until Father's day. Lamesauce.

:hugs: Your cycles sound crazy, who knew periods would be such a pain in the ass ! Ehh

In theory if everything goes to plan when will everyone be testing?

I'll have to see when I actually ovulate (or suspected ovulation, cuz I'm not temping yet), and then I'll test 2 weeks after that day if I can wait. And then if there's no clear signs or I haven't gotten a BFP or BFN before May 15, I'll be testing then as well since we're going away for a long weekend that evening so I would wanna know if I can drink or not.

I will start testing from the 2nd onwards =)

As I said in previous post, it would be awesome if I could stick it out until the 9th or 10th of May. Somewhere around that time AF would be due. Thing is, I know that you'd want to know a.s.a.p. and that the temptation will be there to test early, but I have seen so many women get disappointed by those negative tests... Also, until I found this forum I had never heard of chemical pregnancy and it seems quite a few women suffer those and feel like sh*t about them. I'm almost to the point where I would say, I'd rather not know early before I get my hopes up and I'd get disappointed soon afterwards...

I also told myself not to start with the OPKs until the 17th of April, but will be going to check how many I have left from the previous cycle to see if I could start a little earlier than that.:dohh:

I'm going to try my best to hold out to the 26th the day AF is due but I bet I will crack!

I'm going to try my best to hold out to the 26th the day AF is due but I bet I will crack!

I know the feeling. Last month we had an 'oopsie' moment and I just couldn't wait for AF...

Are you already symptom spotting btw?

Oh, btw, I was watching vlogs by BumpsAlongtheWay and she was said something about prenatals that made me pause. She said that you should try dissolving your prenatal pill in vinegar and if it doesn't dissolve within about 5-10 mins it's probable that it would come out the other end undigested...

So, I went ahead and tried it on my prenatals and guess what: just the surface of the pill dissolved but the stuff inside stayed tough as nails... Might be time to switch brands!:grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->