Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

Oh, btw, I was watching vlogs by BumpsAlongtheWay and she was said something about prenatals that made me pause. She said that you should try dissolving your prenatal pill in vinegar and if it doesn't dissolve within about 5-10 mins it's probably that it would come out the other end undigested...

So, I went ahead and tried it on my prenatals and guess what: just the surface of the pill dissolved but the stuff inside stayed tough as nails... Might be time to switch brands!:grr:

Really wow! What brand are u using?

Oh, btw, I was watching vlogs by BumpsAlongtheWay and she was said something about prenatals that made me pause. She said that you should try dissolving your prenatal pill in vinegar and if it doesn't dissolve within about 5-10 mins it's probably that it would come out the other end undigested...

So, I went ahead and tried it on my prenatals and guess what: just the surface of the pill dissolved but the stuff inside stayed tough as nails... Might be time to switch brands!:grr:

Really wow! What brand are u using?

I think it's a Dutch brand; it's called Dagravit.

I watch BumpsAlongTheWay too!

I wouldn't put too much on that dissolving thing, cuz vinegar isn't as strong as stomach acid and just having it sit in a cup isn't as good as being churned by the stomach (with other food in there), so I was more like "if the majority of it is dissolved within 30 mins" kinda thing rather than 5. You don't want it dissolving too fast in the stomach actually...since most of the absorption would be in the small intestine. If it all came apart in the stomach I think some of it would be damaged by the acidity. IMO.

I watch BumpsAlongTheWay too!

I wouldn't put too much on that dissolving thing, cuz vinegar isn't as strong as stomach acid and just having it sit in a cup isn't as good as being churned by the stomach (with other food in there), so I was more like "if the majority of it is dissolved within 30 mins" kinda thing rather than 5. You don't want it dissolving too fast in the stomach actually...since most of the absorption would be in the small intestine. If it all came apart in the stomach I think some of it would be damaged by the acidity. IMO.

You're probably right about that:amartass:. I dunno, I'm always kind of sceptical about supplements and vitamins. I swear those companies come up with the craziest stuff to make you buy their pills and powders...

I did stir - kind of simulating the churning - but that didn't really do anything...:haha:

I only take folic acid =/ I take a daily vit anyways so I didn't see the point. Didn't realise so many people took them ?! Oh dear

I haven't been taking mine these past few days cuz I've been sick and swallowing a giant pill isn't fun with a sore throat.

I'm only taking folic acid too Rhi as i'm trying to sway pink.

Took an opk about 20 mins ago just for fun (I was bored lmao), and I'm a bit annoyed now, either I really don't understand how to work them/read them or they don't work right. The test line is quite dark considering I'm on cycle day 9 and it shouldn't do that should it =s thinking about getting some digi ones before ov arrives!

Never mind crisis avoided lol!
I checked out the opk gallery, and it is fine lol. It is dark but no where near a positive lol just assumed it should do nothing on cycle day 9, If that makes any sense ? Opks are rubbish they need to come up with a better test lol x

OPKs are the bain of my life! I wish i never found out they existed!

So i had my 3 sustained days of higher temps (having never really seen a positive OPKs) but i had a little dip this morning

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43a979

Do you think that's ok?

Just looked at your chart, looking good Chazz! can't believe you are 4dpo already! Less than a week before you can start testing! :happydance:

Just looked at your chart, looking good Chazz! can't believe you are 4dpo already! Less than a week before you can start testing! :happydance:

Its super scary lol! Its my birthday on Thursday as well so i have a couple of days off which will hopefully make things move even faster!

I wishing time away as well, next Thursday is the start of my fertile time. Lucky as the oh is not around Tuesday or Wednesday!

what have you got planned for your birthday?

I wishing time away as well, next Thursday is the start of my fertile time. Lucky as the oh is not around Tuesday or Wednesday!

Ahh thats handy that he will be their just in time!

I am going to be a zoo keeper for the day lol! I love Animals my OH has got me one of those experiences where you go and shadow a zoo keeper so it should be really good :)

Never mind crisis avoided lol!
I checked out the opk gallery, and it is fine lol. It is dark but no where near a positive lol just assumed it should do nothing on cycle day 9, If that makes any sense ? Opks are rubbish they need to come up with a better test lol x

My OPKs started out with nothing there last cycle and then turned gradually darker day by day until the test line is as dark as the control line.

OPKs are the bain of my life! I wish i never found out they existed!

So i had my 3 sustained days of higher temps (having never really seen a positive OPKs) but i had a little dip this morning

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43a979

Do you think that's ok?

The dip is fine, it doesn't seem like a big dip either. It would be a bit too early for an implantation dip, but you never know... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Ahh thats handy that he will be their just in time!

I am going to be a zoo keeper for the day lol! I love Animals my OH has got me one of those experiences where you go and shadow a zoo keeper so it should be really good :)

Wow, you have an awesome OH! I'm crazy jealous of you right now! Before I began studying applied linguistics I did half a year of veterinary science, but I dropped out... I looooove animals.

That sounds awesome I would love to do that, after I left school I studied animal science, which was basically instead of A levels, with the intention of becoming a vet/zoo keeper type person haha

But the reality was alot more bleak then I thought and I couldn't really enjoy it :/ It felt like every week I was taking an animal into the clinic to be put down etc It ended up feeling like a job and the animals just happened to be there Iykwim? obviously wasn't for me.

Now whenever I visit a safari I just feel sad that I missed out haha, grass is always greener and what not I suppose! I hope you love it I bet it will be awesome :) x

Does the darkness of the Opk have any relevance to how close you are to OV then ?
Now I have looked at some OPK tests online I can see it is no where near as dark as it needs to be .. BUT it looks dark for cycle day 9.. unless that is irrelevant ? I am only asking because I took todays for a practice go, and wasn't going to begin testing until around next Saturday but now I am worried :dohh:

Attachments

• Corby-20130415-00190.jpg
    Corby-20130415-00190.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member