• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lovely romantic place to stay?

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Me and OH need to get away for the night, looking for Sept time, no more than £200. Somewhere lovely and romantic, a pool would be an advantage. No less than 4 star. As a comparison we usually stay at Cameron House at Loch Lomond. We live in Cumbria and wouldn't want more than a 3 hour travel. Can you recommend somewhere? :flower: xx

No idea of prices:-

Hardwick Hall
Seaham Hall with Serenty Spa
Guisborough Hall
Grinkle Park

Also have a look on Travel Zoo for UK Hotel Deals. There is usually a few in the Lakes.

We stayed at the macdonald Old England hotel near Windermere a little while back and it was lovely. There's loads of beautiful places in the lakes if you want to stay close to home.

Cameron House is lovely. How about the Langdale Hotel, it's near Ambleside?

The Langdale Chase? Not sure it has a spa or anything. Looked at the Macdonald and its full :( Think Seaham Hall is too (I looked and discarded it for a reason I don't remember lol)
Thanks though ladies! Very helpful! Xx

Langley Castle, and a great drive over Alston to get there :)

https://www.langdale.co.uk/

They have a pool & spa x

Oh or an alternative you could stay in Cumbria and the Lodore Falls on Derwentwater us supposed to be very nice, not sure about the price though sorry.

Langley Castle, and a great drive over Alston to get there :)

Seconded! We went here for our mini moon - lovely.

Or if you're into your food try Hipping Hall in Yorkshire (not far from Cumbrian border though I think - could be mistaken though). We got engaged here and have visited twice now. Best meal ever (and I've had Michelin star more than once, this place beat them all) gorgeous old buildings, cosy rooms (think we had cottage 7, but it had a sunken big bath for two!). Great service and breakfast was delicious too! I want to go there now......

Thanks, think our romantic trip has turned into a family trip now though lol xx

There is a deal on Travel Zoo at the moment:

2 Nights in a Hotel (Aston Darlington)
Evening Meal on one night
Breakfast each morning
Bottle of wine with meal
Tickets to Beamish Museum (not sure on your LOs age?)
£59 each.

Whilst it doesn't mention children, we booked a similar deal with TravelZoo before, paid £10 extra each to upgrade to a family room, kids went free still including the meals & tickets

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->