Loving being pregnant!!!!!!!!

Well since we're on the topic.. I read and posted on both negative threads. Honestly I thought they were fine, just a young girl ranting, and was rather disappointed they were locked. Being pregnant is positive and wonderful for me, but if for someone else it's negative and terrifying, who am I to tell them otherwise? We're all unique people going through different lives. Aren't online forums to share our experiences and help each other out? If a 19 year old is hating being pregnant, what's wrong with her saying so here? This isn't the TTC forum. If someone started a thread "this is an accident, I hate this mess I'm in, I feel lost' would it get locked up too? Isn't that when people need the most support and help? I wish other topics weren't so taboo - even adoption seems to be a no-no, even though it can be a great compromise for some young teens. I know all forums have their own etiquette and 'flavor' but perhaps there should be a rant section? *shrug*

rant aside - I got morning sickness for the first time today. Was weird to be excited to feel so awful *laughs*. I haven't had many symptoms yet so I was thrilled. DH thinks I'm nuts :haha:

Totally agree. Actually when I read her post for the first time, I also got a little bit angry. She was saying that being pregnant is disgusting, when I have been TTC for years, and lost 2 beans. But then I read further, and put myself in her situation.... She was just a poor young girl that got pregnant by accident. Her bf left her because she was brave enough to go through the pregnancy, although he wanted her to do an abortion. It also seems that she doesn't have much support from her family either.... I think every normal teenager would get scared and confused about the situation. Frankly, I would have been very very scared, if I were in her situation.

I was really wanting that some of the ladies here, that have also went through some similar situation, would give her some real advice. But the thread got locked and deleted. Seems that she has also be banned from the forum. That is really sad, I think the girl needed as much support (or even more support) than any of us.

I must have missed the thread about women being bitter when pregant (Thank god, Grrr!)

It wasn't that bad.. I think. It seems that she was browsing through the forum, and saw a lot of threads in which people were complaining about different things, like relationship with family, BF, DH, etc.. So she was kind of asking if the bitterness is due to hormonal changes, or things like that (probably she was afraid that she may turn much more bitter herself). But some people took it as a direct attack toward pregnant women in general, specially after reading her other post about pregnancy being disgusting.

I love feeling the stretches in my tummy. :]

I think THIS thread is just as offensive as the ones that were locked! Do you not see the irony at all in what you're saying, Brooke? One 19 year old poster spouted rubbish, not an entire board of members.

I think you should remember what section you have posted in- first trimester. Statistically around a quarter of us here will sadly miscarry our babies. It ISN'T all joy and happiness. Not all of us spent ages ttc or spent a fortune. Some of us got pregnant by accident, and that doesn't make us any less entitled to be here!

Wow thats a cheery bit of posting - Happy Christmas!!!

I think ur being a little unfair tbh I am absolutely loving being pregnant but I have every right to feel slightly unhappy about the fact that I throw up five+ times a day and have been for three weeks! It's tiring, upsetting and I just can't wait for it to be over. It doesn't make me a bad person that I'm asking for ways to improve my quality of life! Some ladies never suffer from MS - they're so lucky!

I was TTC for a year. I know that this is not long in comparison to some but I have wanted my peanut for a long time and had to go through an emotional rollercoaster to get here - I've earned the right to moan from time to time if u ask
me!

im not having a go at women moaning about what they are going through at all and in a post have written that i myself have days where all i do is moan, yesterday i logged on and found 2 threads from a particular woman who found pregnancy "disgusting" and another saying she's really not impressed at being pregnant, im all for having a good old moan about being tired and i have actually had ms and not enjoyed it! But I started this thread to bring some positivity to the forum after having read those threads....so many women avoid coming on here coz we hear about people sadly losing their beans, bleeding(to which i have written a few threads myself) and i thought i would start a thread to cheer people up!! Clearly ive offended you but it wasnt the intent, all i wanted to do was say im enjoying being pregnant regardless of what i experience...dunno how thats unfair but maybe if you had read the particular threads im referring to you'd kinda feel the same. the thread has since been locked and i think deleted! I was not having a go at any lady other than these threads!!!

Congrats to all ladies n have a happy xmas xx

Everyone needs support though, probably those who are unhappy and uncertain more than those who are happy and contented.

I honestly think that this may have been blown out of perspective. I really don't think that the original poster meant to offend or upset those of us who have an occasional whinge about how bad our symptoms are. I think it was an impulsive response to the two threads which got locked one of which was calling all pregnant women bitter and the other was also a bit negative and I think they were locked for a reason!

We are all happy to be here and I certainly moan with the best of them (damn hormones) - I honestly think OP was meaning to try and spread some positivity not put anyone down. Perhaps it has come across wrong that's all! Xxxxx

do you know what, thank you!!! All i intended yesterday was to be positive and cheer people up for goodness sake!!!! Know what can an admin please just lock this bloomin thread!! Clearly a thread about pregnancy positivity doesnt have a place on this site! I did not AT ALL mean to cause anyone offence or claim that im handling pregnancy well at all, i lost a baby in april and am an utter nervous wreck about this pregnancy, there isnt a night i dont have nightmares, morning i wake up and am not sick, night im too tired to be there for my husband! Im not and never have claimed to be a saint! People obviously cant take this thread in the good nature it was intended. To all the ladies who have shared their good expieriences and how much their enjoying preparing for motherhood thank you for sharing and realising all i was trying to do was bring the board positivity up a bit!

Please lock this thread admin xx

I honestly think that this may have been blown out of perspective. I really don't think that the original poster meant to offend or upset those of us who have an occasional whinge about how bad our symptoms are. I think it was an impulsive response to the two threads which got locked one of which was calling all pregnant women bitter and the other was also a bit negative and I think they were locked for a reason!

We are all happy to be here and I certainly moan with the best of them (damn hormones) - I honestly think OP was meaning to try and spread some positivity not put anyone down. Perhaps it has come across wrong that's all! Xxxxx

do you know what, thank you!!! All i intended yesterday was to be positive and cheer people up for goodness sake!!!! Know what can an admin please just lock this bloomin thread!! Clearly a thread about pregnancy positivity doesnt have a place on this site! I did not AT ALL mean to cause anyone offence or claim that im handling pregnancy well at all, i lost a baby in april and am an utter nervous wreck about this pregnancy, there isnt a night i dont have nightmares, morning i wake up and am not sick, night im too tired to be there for my husband! Im not and never have claimed to be a saint! People obviously cant take this thread in the good nature it was intended. To all the ladies who have shared their good expieriences and how much their enjoying preparing for motherhood thank you for sharing and realising all i was trying to do was bring the board positivity up a bit!

I lost mine in July and thought this thread was lovely - it seems we can have lots of threads about miscarriages etc.....but we're not allowed one thread for those that want to feel positive which i think is extremely sad. Roll on 2nd tri where we can get away from the all this doom and gloom where you're not allowed to be positive :hugs:

Don't get upset, Brookie. We all know of your good intentions. I once got very bad negative comments when I started a thread stating that the probability of m/c is much lower after we have heard the heartbeat, and that we should stop worrying and try to enjoy our pregnancy... All I wanted was to cheer people up, after having read so many threads about people worrying on everything. But instead I got a bunch of negative comments that really made me feel uncomfortable.

I noticed that in this forum, threads that are either too positive, or too negative, are not welcome. I guess it is really hard to please everybody.

I lost mine in July and thought this thread was lovely - it seems we can have lots of threads about miscarriages etc.....but we're not allowed one thread for those that want to feel positive which i think is extremely sad. Roll on 2nd tri where we can get away from the all this doom and gloom where you're not allowed to be positive :hugs:

exactly! KNow what im more angry about is the fact people can clearly see from my ticker ive actually lost a baby this year and they seem to think im being a bloody know it all having the easiest pregnancy possible! All i know is if i was having an off day a thread like this would pick me up n since its xmas i thought a bit of cheer would be nice, clearly not the right way to be going, im just sorry for the lovely storied many women have shared being lost when this gets locked x

thanks Katherine, it just bugs me eh! All i wanted to do was create a bit of positivity, there isnt a day you log on here and you hear of someone losing their angel, bleeding, worrying etc and i thought this would cheer people up! Clearly not everyone agrees, possibly coz they did read the threads i read which i found insensitive....hopefully this thing just gets locked n we can get back to being negative n not being excited, roll on 2nd tri! hopefully its more upbeat there! x

HERE HERE!!:thumbup:

I am newly pregnant after ttc for yrs on and off with pcos so to be pregnant without meds is a miracle for me and i shall enjoy each and every moment, inc morning sickness etc! lol

Wishing us all a happy and healthy pregnancy x

I can appreciate you wanted to cheer people up and bring some positive vibes to the forum. However, your post can be read in two ways (especially for those of us that haven't seen the threads you were specifically referring to).

This is what got my back up:

ok...just logged on after being off for a few days n thought id maybe logged on to a different site!!! Fed up of all the negativity! I know for a fact a lot of women ttc (and some of whom have been trying for YEARS!!!) would be utterly disgusted and upset by some of the threads on this board!!!

Please feel free to add what your enjoying about being pregnant! I know if i was still on the ttc boards this would spur me on, not make me angry at people who dont realise how lucky they are!!!! xxx

The comments in bold are not positive and can put a different spin on the message you were trying to convey, which is clearly what's happened.

It's obvious you didn't intend offend and i hope you can understand that nobody really wants to be negative or unexcited. There are plenty of examples to found where people are excited and others are sharing in that excitement with positive threads!

Brookie - theres a lot of us that appreciated what your tried to do :flower:

I stand by my comments, i'm sure now that Brooke meant no harm, but I think the original post came out wrong. It wasn't just "hi everyone, let's celebrate our pregnancys" in which I would have replied with all of my positives- it was moaning that people are moaning, basically! Which made no sense to me.

Anyway, Brooke I'm sorry I offended you, I didn't mean to, you obviously just meant to start a nice happy thread so maybe we can try again eh?

@Janidog, thanks for the passive aggressive christmas wish! Same to you. Cheery, no, truthful, yes. When I signed the user agreement I didn't see anything about ONLY being allowed to discuss things that were happy and joyous... it's fact, and to pretend otherwise is an insult to those who have lost babies.

To be honest I think it's unfair to say that a thread of positivity isn't welcome here because of course it is and if it started as just that, even a simple "what do you enjoy about being pregnant?" then we'd have all been fine. It is the way it was put, as quoted above that has got a lot of backs up! So I do appreciate what you were trying to do but you really should be more careful about what or how you are saying things! Maybe a fresh start is needed? A new thread that just simply asks us what are the good things about being pregnant xx

OK girls, I hope this goes down well :blush: but I have started this thread
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/243333-thread-good-cheer.html in honour of what BrookieG actually wanted from this thread.
I hope you all take it as a fresh start to this and we achieve what BrookieG wanted :hugs:

I stand by my comments, i'm sure now that Brooke meant no harm, but I think the original post came out wrong. It wasn't just "hi everyone, let's celebrate our pregnancys" in which I would have replied with all of my positives- it was moaning that people are moaning, basically! Which made no sense to me.

Anyway, Brooke I'm sorry I offended you, I didn't mean to, you obviously just meant to start a nice happy thread so maybe we can try again eh?

@Janidog, thanks for the passive aggressive christmas wish! Same to you. Cheery, no, truthful, yes. When I signed the user agreement I didn't see anything about ONLY being allowed to discuss things that were happy and joyous... it's fact, and to pretend otherwise is an insult to those who have lost babies.

errrr if you have read my previous posts, you would have read that I too have had a miscarriage - cheer up :winkwink:

Lol - great thread

I love being pregnant!!!! Despite 3 weeks of severe nausea and sickness, and still feeling a bit off now lol

-I am really looking forward to seeing lil bubs for the first time -12 wk scan on 5th Jan
- Finding out babies gender this time around -never wanted to with my other children but am so excited to buy either blue or pink this time
- Feel lil one wriggling and turning inside me
-Breastfeeding -that really special bond that only a mum can have with her new baby
- I LOVE my growing bump -(I know ppl will agrue its not bump yet as baby is too small etc -but it;s my gorgoeuus pregnancy bloated bump and I LOVE it lol) -have been in maternity clothes since week 6 lol -Yay!! for fourth babies haha

There are tonnes more too lol - but better not stay on here all day xx

Again thanks for the great thread -too many sad stories in first tri -makes me think twice about coming in sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->