Loving being pregnant!!!!!!!!

BrookieG

Mummy to Ollie
Reaction score
ok...just logged on after being off for a few days n thought id maybe logged on to a different site!!! Fed up of all the negativity! I know for a fact a lot of women ttc (and some of whom have been trying for YEARS!!!) would be utterly disgusted and upset by some of the threads on this board!!!

I lost my little angel in April, then due to a molar had to wait 6 months before we were allowed to try again!!! A psychic told me my angel would come back n i remember saying to my hubby who mad would it be if she came back on her due date?! My baby g was due on 31st October, i got my :bfp: on 26th October! I have a little miracle growing inside me! I am so so excited to meet him/her! Cant wait to see their eyes, nose, little mouth, teeny fingers n toes! I feel so so lucky n blessed! Nobody likes feeling tired, sick, emotional etc but its all part of the amazing miracle growing inside your body! Im proud when im sick coz i know it means my body is working hard for this little one! Im ok with being tired because i know my body is working hard making sure my bubs is getting everything he/she needs and is growing!!! I cant wait to have a bump!! Im so proud my waist is thicker n my tummy is rounder! It all reminds me i have an amazing thing going on inside me! Bring on the stretch marks n baby blubber!! They're all due to the fact im gonna be a mummy!! And i dont care! I was put on this earth to be a mum n im gonna enjoy every single second of being pregnant until i meet my little one!!!

Please feel free to add what your enjoying about being pregnant! I know if i was still on the ttc boards this would spur me on, not make me angry at people who dont realise how lucky they are!!!! xxx

I'm also enjoying being pregnant! Especially the past few weeks where i've had a bit more energy! I'm enjoying not having to worry about putting weight on (I mean if you can't get fat when your pregnant then when can you?!)

I'm so excited for my scan next week and feeling my bubs move!!!

Xxxxxx

hear hear!!!!! eating for two has its benefits!! :p hope all goes well at your scan hun n cant wait till you feel a flutter i felt my first last week n have been willing bubs on to do it again so i can feel it again! lol xx

Me too!
Although I still don't know if this will last (after having loss 2 beans), I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can. Luckily I didn't have much ms. I like looking at my little bump, and I like touching it. I like feeling my little boobs getting firmer and fuller, and am still waiting for the day I can finally upgrade from cup A!

Im feeling great at the moment - its actually worrying that I feel so great as I haven't had my scan yet - but sure all is well, just been much luckier this time!

With my ds, we tried for a year before being referred and I really thought we had a very long road ahead of us and was very stressed and angry. I have PCOS and googling this didnt give me much hope. But, with the help of Chlomid, Progesterone and my oh's good sperm count:thumbup: we concieved on the 1st cycle and I went on to have a very healthy beautiful baby boy.

This time round we conceived without any help apart from metformin to get periods regular, and fell again on our first cycle.

I do feel incredibly fortunate for all I have - but we are only human, and when you are feeling rough and run down, I think its fair enough to have a moan and you shouldn't be criticised for this.
I do understand there are women who would give everything to be pregnant etc. but at the end of the day this forum is not directly just for those people. We all have a right to share our feelings, concerns and have a moan without being shot down about it.
Unfortunatly some people dont think about how they phrase posts etc. but I think all we can do is offer non-judgemental advice or not reply at all if it winds you up that much.

Some people just cannot relate to others when they haven't been in that situation themselves.

But I do agree - Pregnancy is a miracle and I still cant believe how it all works and when I read how bubbs is developing I just sit there amazed! And yes I try to remember this when feeling rough, but sometimes I do have a good old moan!

Thought Id add, I love:

peeing on a stick when I dont feel pregnant and seeing that line appear all over again :blush:
I am SO excited about the scans!
I love seeing my bump come along
I love putting on weight and knowing its for a good cause
I love imagining ds with a little sibling

I cant wait to get huge again!!

I do feel incredibly fortunate for all I have - but we are only human, and when you are feeling rough and run down, I think its fair enough to have a moan and you shouldn't be criticised for this.
I do understand there are women who would give everything to be pregnant etc. but at the end of the day this forum is not directly just for those people. We all have a right to share our feelings, concerns and have a moan without being shot down about it.
Unfortunatly some people dont think about how they phrase posts etc. but I think all we can do is offer non-judgemental advice or not reply at all if it winds you up that much.

i do agree and am one to have a moan too but i logged on today to find a few locked threads that i thought were insensitive that is why i started this thread, everyone does like a moan but there's sometimes a thin line between moaning n what was said in certain threads....all i know is when i was ttc i popped into this site a few times n if i had seen particular threads i would of been really upset....regardless of that anyways i think its good to have a positive thread for people to read when they are feeling down or having a bad day :) x

i'm enjoying being pregnant too, even this is not my first pregnancy.... i thought i could conceived straight after i got my 1st af after my baby girl was born, which was 2 years ago...

when both my OBGY's said that I can't conceived naturally, we've tried IUI again last year, but failed... then i gave up trying... concentrated in losing weight, and managed to lose about 30lbs in 6 months this year... and aim to reduce another 30 lbs, by end of this year.... but suddenly, miracle happened... i found out that I'm pregnant... and this is the best anniversary gift i've ever received.... i'm so happy, and DH can't stop rubbing my tummy everytime he besides me....

can't wait for my next scan next week @ 14wk... i should be able to see my baby moving and kicking....:baby:

i do agree and am one to have a moan too but i logged on today to find a few locked threads that i thought were insensitive that is why i started this thread, everyone does like a moan but there's sometimes a thin line between moaning n what was said in certain threads....all i know is when i was ttc i popped into this site a few times n if i had seen particular threads i would of been really upset....regardless of that anyways i think its good to have a positive thread for people to read when they are feeling down or having a bad day :) x

Fair enough - I read those particular threads but just thought to myself that 19 is very young and I would expect those feelings from half of 19 year olds that are pregnant, and yes its not what I would want to hear whilst ttc, and to be thanful that I can enjoy pregnancy and appreciate it and that I dont feel that way - missing out on a lovely experience which is kind of sad.

TTC is such a stressful thing for some people - was for me - but dont give yo ttc'ers - I didnt have much hope, but it happened twice for me! Try to keep positive and you will be here soon :thumbup:

hear hear!! Well said.

I say to my hubby every morning as i get out of bed "yipee I feel shitty and sick, as I run dry heaving to the loo cheering as i go" he thinks im weird!!

I am waiting impatiently for my 9 week bump to be obvious, I look at maternity clothes with glee!! Im off on hols tonight to the carribbean and I have bought a maternity bikini (I know i know i dont need one yet but it was a bargain to good to miss) I cant wait to NOT hold my tummy in on the beach for the first time in about 10 years ;-)

Happy Christmas all!! xx

beautiful story Kathy Khuz!! Congrats!!!! lol beachlover1 im the same im proudly sticking my tummy out! lol my hubby got me a pink top last night that says mum to be with an arrow pointing at my belly! I cant wait to wear it to work on our "no uniform day" lol it'll stop the parent at the nursery giving me the look of geez you've put weight on! lol btw going to the carribean! jealous much?!?!?!? lol i wanna come! lol ill squeeze really small n fit in your suitcase no probs! lo, have a fabby time hun xx

hear hear!! Well said.

I say to my hubby every morning as i get out of bed "yipee I feel shitty and sick, as I run dry heaving to the loo cheering as i go" he thinks im weird!!

I am waiting impatiently for my 9 week bump to be obvious, I look at maternity clothes with glee!! Im off on hols tonight to the carribbean and I have bought a maternity bikini (I know i know i dont need one yet but it was a bargain to good to miss) I cant wait to NOT hold my tummy in on the beach for the first time in about 10 years ;-)

Happy Christmas all!! xx

Ha Ha lol - that made me laugh, I cant imagine being that cheery whilst heaving, I think I would think your mad too lol

I am loving being pregnant - after 5 years of trying and having to go through IVF twice I am now happy and proud to finally say that I AM PREGNANT - my waistline has vanished and I am now an extremely lazy person lying on the sofa most days in my pyjamas but why not I deserve to be taking it easy and enjoying every minute. I love the fact that two people have already said to me "oooh look at your mini bump" - more to do with eating rubbish I think than with bubs at the moment but it is getting firmer by the day - I also love buying my maternity stuff for the first time ever and knowing that people are looking at me and knowing I am pregnant! Also love getting all the catalogues etc in the post just got my Mamas and Papas catalogue and already picked out the nursery! And finally I love it when my mum rings up and asks how her grandchild is doing and the fact that all our friends and family are so genuinely happy for us both.

Can't wait for my scan next week it has come round so quick - I am nervous obviously we all are - but can't wait to see bubs again

Merry Christmas to everyone and their bumps :) xxx

I think ur being a little unfair tbh I am absolutely loving being pregnant but I have every right to feel slightly unhappy about the fact that I throw up five+ times a day and have been for three weeks! It's tiring, upsetting and I just can't wait for it to be over. It doesn't make me a bad person that I'm asking for ways to improve my quality of life! Some ladies never suffer from MS - they're so lucky!

I was TTC for a year. I know that this is not long in comparison to some but I have wanted my peanut for a long time and had to go through an emotional rollercoaster to get here - I've earned the right to moan from time to time if u ask
me!

As much as my sickness gets to me most days but i am excited to be pregnant :yipee: and when i have those bad days i just remind myself that i have this tiny little miracle growing inside me. Every time i have a scan my excitement rises and every time i hear the babys heartbeat on the doppler i just think wow thats amazing :flower:

ps i think ive used every time to may times :haha:

I just don't get it: if people didn't love and care for their beans they wouldn't be on a site like this. Of course we're all over the moon to be pregnant but we don't have to be saints about it!!!!

I'm nervous and excited at the same time for this pregnancy but I feel very sorry for those who are suffering regardless of how long they were TTC.

I've been VERY lucky with no symptoms etc but at the same time, I also wish everyone else could go through a nice and easy 12 weeks like me and I'm more than happy to have a sympathetic ear to those suffering, it's not nice. All of my family have had awful pregnancies and hypermesis throughout so I'm very very grateful that I haven't inherited that.

I can understand you wanting to be positive but at the same time, I'm not sure berating those who do feel miserable is a wise comment. What one person finds manageable (e.g. yourself), another doesn't, we're all human and we're all different.

The whole point of a site like this is to share our ups and downs. Now I am over the moon to be pregnant, I know I am very lucky and really do feel blessed that it happened staight away. But it doesn't mean I am not scared. I have had spotting and had a negative doctor telling me it was a threatened miscarriage, ectopic or if it got heavier was an "abortion". So yeh, I have "moaned" about this and I have also "moaned" about feeling sick and being sick. I cried when I was sick. It is not pleasant and I don't want to come on here and feel that I can't talk about these things.

It doesn't mean I am not happy - I am thrilled. And surely it would be unfair for people to think that pregnancy was not also a difficult time when frankly you do often feel like shit!

I do understand what you are saying, but at the same time, I do feel like we should be able to talk about all areas of pregnancy - the good and the bad.

Lovely post.. :)
know what you mean.. think it's natural for everyone to worry, but think deep down we're all excited!! i'm soo excited about all of it (nervous -but more excited)...
and i feel really loving, and moodyy.. and personally i think it's funny and a great excuse to get anything you want and throw a tantrum if you don't get it ;) ..."it's cause i'm pregnant and the baby needs it!!" :) ... working for the moment..
xxxx

It took us 8 years to conceive so I'm very excited about this baby. But that doesn't mean I'm excited about vomiting every 20 minutes for hours on end. I don't care about being tired or getting bigger, but when the sickness starts to jeopardize my job, that's a problem. Doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to be pregnant. And when I was TTC I was quite happy to read realistic posts about other people's pregnacies. We tend to romanticize pregnancy, when in fact it can be hard. Best to know the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->