Low AMH test results

S

sugarlove

Just had this test done and it came back as 11.96, so from what I can gather this is in the low category.

Feeling gutted, as I was really expecting it to be better than that as my FSH test was good.

Has anyone else had low results?

I was thinking of egg sharing, but I don't know if they'll take me now. Going for a follicle count on Monday, and they will let me know then. If I can't do that, I'll have to pay for full price IVF as I don't get any funded with my PCT. I feel under pressure to do IVF as soon as possible now. :cry:

I dont know about your results but I wanted to send you :hug: I'm sorry you are feeling upset!

Oh Sugar. I'm so sorry love. I hope your not out of the egg sharing program! :hugs:

Whats AMH test?

Sending big hugs your way, sorry you didnt get results you wanted.

Big hugs lovely, I was told that between 5-15 is normal? Must be different systems they use. Remember that it is just a guideline. Did they sound worried? Mine is crazy high and consultant terrified me with all the talk of ohss! Xxx

My amh result was 3.9 which may be on a different scale to your result. I was told it was a very low result for my age. I was 29 when they did the test (now 30). I'm anxious to know does this mean my eggs are going to run out early??? Do u know sugarlove???

Wishful I'm going to the clinic tomorrow, so I'll find out exactly what the AMH result means.

In my Zita West book, she says it is still a very new test, and must be used together with antral follicle count, which I'm getting done tomorrow. Also, she states that AMH has nothing to do with egg quality.

Hi I had my Antral Follicle Count done too when I went to the clinic, which was good as I had 21 follicles. They look at the results both together, and the Nurse said that although it does mean that time isn't on my side, the AHM is not that bad and has nothing to do with the quality of my eggs. She stressed that it's still quite a new test and she's seen plenty of people get natural BFPs with low AHM. Also, they don't really know how long the results stay at that level. I could have quite a bit of time left, it's hard to say.

Did you get a follicle count done Wishful? I think they like to take both tests into account.

yep i had a follicle count done too. The result was 9. I had a failed ivf in december but then a miracle natural bfp in january but we lost our baby 4 and a half weeks ago. So it is possible to get pregnant with a low amh and follicle count. Its just the worry of the eggs running out. That's what is scaring me now!!

Just had this test done and it came back as 11.96, so from what I can gather this is in the low category.

Feeling gutted, as I was really expecting it to be better than that as my FSH test was good.

Has anyone else had low results?

I was thinking of egg sharing, but I don't know if they'll take me now. Going for a follicle count on Monday, and they will let me know then. If I can't do that, I'll have to pay for full price IVF as I don't get any funded with my PCT. I feel under pressure to do IVF as soon as possible now. :cry:

I hope you don't mind me butting in but your AFC and AMH are supposed to be closely related so they should give similar results. Since your AFC was perfect then AMH should be more in the high satisfactory range. Since you're now pregnant too... Perhaps get a retest after your periods return to normal after your pregnancy - maybe you had a chemical pregnancy at the time and you didnt know (this can affect the otherwise stable AMH). Just tried to put on a link for this info but won't let me send this msg with a link. Instead of the link try googling 'rbej study amh'. This study shows that AMH is not as hormonally stable as they think. Also the good news is that being pregnant actually preserves your eggs as the more times a woman has been pregnant the further away the menopause- Google multiparity / menopause. Hope that's helpful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->