Low dropping levels but HB found?

detterose

Reaction score
Please refer to my previous thread Blighted Ovum? For full story. After my levels dropping from 2200 down to 1800 and a scan on the 5th showing an empty gestational sac measuring 5 weeks, I had a check up ultrasound today before a curette. Today they saw an embryo with a heart beat and a yolk sac, baby measuring 5 weeks and 3 days.

While this is amazing news, deep down I don't think this is a healthy pregnancy... In over a week the sac has gone from 5 weeks to 5 weeks and 3 days and With such low levels and the size of the baby not corresponding remotely to my dates and it would have made me 3 weeks on the dot to have tested positive, is that even possible??? Can anyone give me any ideas?? I really feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up :(

I just want answers :'( I feel sick not knowing

Sorry you`re going through this:hugs:

I had a similar story with my 2nd pregnancy, although my levels were lower then yours. They stopped doubling, and went down, so I had a scan at 6 weeks which showed a 3mm embryo with a heartbeat, but I was told it could go either way. I miscarried 5 days later. I was upset, but not really surprised because I knew something was most like wrong with the baby. And I got pregnant with DD when I got AF back so in end all was well as I had my rainbow :). But I`m sure someone somewhere will have a positive story to share with you:winkwink:

Sorry for your loss :( There is nothing more painful than not knowing. Tjis pregnancy is nothing like the one I had with my son. Thats what makes me worried also :(

I know, being in limbo is the worst :( After my 2nd miscarriage I got pregnant right away and had a beautiful baby girl, so in the end all was well :)

So glad to hear you got your angel. I have a 5 month old son but still, losing a baby is hard either way

Levels retested today. They went from 1800 to 1700. Not looking good I guess. Another scan on Friday.

Hope things work out for you on Friday..when they test your numbers on Friday make sure you get a scan as well even if. Your numbers our dropping .
This happened to me 13 years ago,it did'nt end well but I was glad I got to see that that it was all over...
Hope Friday goes well keep yourself busy time will fly by..xxxx

Just wanted to add I lose my 2nd pregnancy at 10 weeks..I had a 3 year old girl.kept. Thinking I would never have another baby ..
Went on to have 5 good pregnancys and another 2 girls and then 3 boys..
Anyway good luck with things..xxxxx

Hope things work out for you on Friday..when they test your numbers on Friday make sure you get a scan as well even if. Your numbers our dropping .
This happened to me 13 years ago,it did'nt end well but I was glad I got to see that that it was all over...
Hope Friday goes well keep yourself busy time will fly by..xxxx

Yep, I have a scan booked at 10:45am. I just wonder what will happen if baby still has a HB then and my numbers are still dropping?

So glad to hear you got your angel. I have a 5 month old son but still, losing a baby is hard either way

I know:hugs: I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and have a scan on Friday. I had a scan 2 weeks ago and everything was normal and I've heard the heartbeat with a doppler, but still nervous!!

I know:hugs: I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and have a scan on Friday. I had a scan 2 weeks ago and everything was normal and I've heard the heartbeat with a doppler, but still nervous!!

Aw I will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes xxxx

As of 5:30am this morning I have had a pinkish red discharge every time I go to the bathroom. No cramps or pain though??

As of 5:30am this morning I have had a pinkish red discharge every time I go to the bathroom. No cramps or pain though??

Could be nothing, this is how my miscarriages started though. I hope this isn`t your case:hugs: Maybe you had a vanishing twin? It`s fairly common.

First of all, I am very sorry that this is happening to you. Everyone experiences this news differently, but I know from my own personal pain that you must be growing through a lot.

I have a similar situation. I went to the ER last night with cramping and bleeding and they told me I almost for sure was having a miscarriage because I should have been 6 weeks 1 day along and instead my hCG levels were only 580. I was told I still had to come in today for an ultrasound to confirm everything.

What happened at the ultrasound was very confusing for us. Here we were waiting for confirmation so that we could fully grieve, but instead we were told that they could not confirm anything because the ultrasound showed no evidence of miscarrying, but my baby is measuring way earlier than it should have been. They said there was a perfectly-formed yolk sac measuring 4 weeks 6 days in my uterus, with no signs of deformation or miscarrying. The doctor thought it possible that I ovulated late and that the baby could still be alive. However, I am almost certain I ovulated early (like, 99% sure), and if I ovulated *that* late, I also would have found out I was pregnant at about 2 weeks 5 days pregnant. That doesn't sound likely at all. They are going to measure my hCG levels again Thursday and Monday and then conduct another ultrasound in a week or two, but I know the prospect cannot be good. Even so, though, it is almost impossible not to get your hopes up. I know it is pretty much physically impossible -- and the 4 week 6 day embryo actually corresponds very logically with when I started spotting (5 weeks), but the idea of my baby still being alive is just too appealing to let go of.

It is an awful place to be in limbo -- unable to grieve, yet too afraid to hope.

Good luck with everything and I hope that we can both get through this. =\

Could be nothing, this is how my miscarriages started though. I hope this isn`t your case:hugs: Maybe you had a vanishing twin? It`s fairly common.

Would they have seen anything on ultrasound if there was or would there have been no evidence of it? I hate this waiting game :( My son is in daycare today as I was meant to work but my boss knows whats going on and said to stay home (I work at a doctors office so they have been following everything up for me). But I think sitting at home with no distraction is making it all worse. How long did it take for your discharge to go onto bleeding and cramping?? Its 11am here now and I have still had nothing further.

First of all, I am very sorry that this is happening to you. Everyone experiences this news differently, but I know from my own personal pain that you must be growing through a lot.

I have a similar situation. I went to the ER last night with cramping and bleeding and they told me I almost for sure was having a miscarriage because I should have been 6 weeks 1 day along and instead my hCG levels were only 580. I was told I still had to come in today for an ultrasound to confirm everything.

What happened at the ultrasound was very confusing for us. Here we were waiting for confirmation so that we could fully grieve, but instead we were told that they could not confirm anything because the ultrasound showed no evidence of miscarrying, but my baby is measuring way earlier than it should have been. They said there was a perfectly-formed yolk sac measuring 4 weeks 6 days in my uterus, with no signs of deformation or miscarrying. The doctor thought it possible that I ovulated late and that the baby could still be alive. However, I am almost certain I ovulated early (like, 99% sure), and if I ovulated *that* late, I also would have found out I was pregnant at about 2 weeks 5 days pregnant. That doesn't sound likely at all. They are going to measure my hCG levels again Thursday and Monday and then conduct another ultrasound in a week or two, but I know the prospect cannot be good. Even so, though, it is almost impossible not to get your hopes up. I know it is pretty much physically impossible -- and the 4 week 6 day embryo actually corresponds very logically with when I started spotting (5 weeks), but the idea of my baby still being alive is just too appealing to let go of.

It is an awful place to be in limbo -- unable to grieve, yet too afraid to hope.

Good luck with everything and I hope that we can both get through this. =\

So sorry to hear :( Yep my ultrasound dates dont match my cycle at all. I find it hard to believe I was only 3 weeks pregnant when I got a positive test. Cos they were VERY strong dark lines and came up immediately. For 3 weeks you would think they would be very faint from low hCG so early on. It sucks waiting in between the blood tests and scans. I have another blood test and follow up appt with the hospital tomorrow and a scan Friday morning. Feel like I am just twiddling my thumbs in the meantime :(

I know what you mean. What are we even supposed to do? I feel so listless.

An extra crappy part is that I am on "holidays" from work right now. They're my only holidays this summer and my last holidays for 2013. I was so looking forward to enjoying the time off and being in the sun, and now I am spending them crying and in pain.

I know what you mean. What are we even supposed to do? I feel so listless.

An extra crappy part is that I am on "holidays" from work right now. They're my only holidays this summer and my last holidays for 2013. I was so looking forward to enjoying the time off and being in the sun, and now I am spending them crying and in pain.

Oh hunny <3 I feel for you. I just hope we get our answers soon. I will be thinking of you. Make sure you keep us updated ok xx I will be updating further from here when anything happens, so we can check in on each other. We aren't alone in this! :hugs:

I will definitely keep you updated and will check in for yours as well. As awful as this is it nice to not be alone in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->