Low hcg always leads to miscarriage?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
HI ladies.

I found out I was pregnant last Friday. Saturday to Thursday I had medium flow AF bleeding but had hcg drawn at 3 weeks 5 days or 10dpo (hcg 13) and 4 weeks or 12dpo (hcg 31) and again at 4 weeks 3 days but doctor didn't give me a number just said it went up which was good. He also said 31 at 4 weeks was perfectly normal.

However now I'm reading all this stuff about how low it is and how most ladies are in the hundreds by 4 weeks and ladies with low numbers like mine usually miscarry. So now I'm scared to death when I just started to feel better about things.

I know there is a chart that shows normal ranges but every post I read ladies have numbers way higher and those who don't lose their babies. :(

Best thing to do is stop reading hun. You could be putting so much unessecery stress on yourself. It really isn't the number that's important. It's how it doubles between tests. I've had pregnancies where my numbers have been high and miscarried and this pregnancy where numbers were very very low, much lower than yours and yet ive made it this far. Try to stay positive and not scare yourself. Although I know that's much easier said than done. Best of luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you for the responce. It means a lot. After all the bleeding I've had I'm struggling not to worry.

I guess if I go by ovulation(was charting and using opks) I guess I'd be 4 weeks 2 days making the numbers seem a little better

I really do understand how hard is it not to worry but I bet you will be just fine. I bled massively all the way through with my son and now he's a happy healthly nine year old. Have they offered you an early scan to find out why you are bleeding?

I had a scanned on Monday but they couldn't see anything pointing to a bleed. The report I got back just said they saw a 6mm cystic lesion which they think may be the start of a gestational sac. I go back on Tuesday next week to see if anything has progressed.

Cause your numbers were under 1000 its really normal not to see anything on a scan. At my 6+1 scan all that could be seen was just a tiny sac. Guess some babies just start of slower. Hopefully your numbers will have climbed past 1000 by Tuesday and you should get a clearer picture of what's going on. Will keep everything crossed for you that it goes well hun!

It is difficult not to read into things. Believe me, I know. I'm on my fifth pregnancy and my midwife listed it as a "threatened miscarriage" because my u/s exam revealed a sac and yolk but no baby. My hcg level was done and I'm only at 29,000 for 7 weeks. With my last baby I was at 55,000 at 7 weeks and I still ended up miscarrying it so numbers really truly mean nothing. Some people have lower numbers their entire pregnancy and still go on to have healthy babies. It can also vary by pregnancy too. I wish you luck and a positive outcome!

This is a better read for you as you have been looking at all the wrong things: https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

I've had low levels every time and they didn't double sometimes the more you read the more freaked out you'll get. There's not a set hcg number you should be at because every baby develops different. So until it drops I wouldn't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->