Low hCG and unable to see anything in ultrasound?

Stripe21

Reaction score
Hi, I just found out I was pregnant about 5 days ago. According to when I got my last period I should be around 5 weeks 5 days. However, I noticed brownish spotting last night and so my boyfriend and I went to the ER. They ran my blood and my hCG levels were only 32, and they couldn't find anything in my ultrasounds. They mentioned that I had something "different" about my uterus but wouldn't elaborate.
Later on, a nurse suggested that I was probably only around for 3 weeks. I actually got two negative results 6 days ago, and then 3 positives 5 days ago. I'm wondering if maybe I'm just not as far along as I thought? But even then, shouldn't they have seen SOMETHING when they did an ultrasound?
Spotting is on and off, and extremely light, mostly noticeable when I wipe, or maybe a dime sized spot in my underwear. Always a darker brown color. Going back for another hCG test in a day or two, but can anyone relate to my problem in the meantime?

brown blood is old blood so could be from implantation or mild bruising to the cervix. At 3weeks you wouldnt see anything on an internal ultrasound till around the 5 week mark and then chances are you wouldn't see much. HCG of 32 would imply youre pregnant [also you wont see anything on a scan till it hits the 1000+ mark] and if/when you get your bloods done again should be doubling/tripling.

:hugs:

I agree, if you just got a positive 5 days ago you are probably 3.5 weeks pregnant and still too early to call anything.

You def wouldn't see anything on an ultrasound. I would have them repeat blood work in 48 hours to see if your numbers are doubling.

FX for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->