Low hCG levels/Finding out you're pregnant late

Violet3

Mama to 1 baba <3
Reaction score
Hey ladies.

Sharing my worries on here has proved very helpful as many of you seem to have either been through a similar situation or have some friendly words of wisdom and advice.

Being naturally anxious, whenever anything happens to me, if I get ill or whatever, my mind naturally skips to the worst conclusion. The most recent example is when I got a bad cold and assumed it was swine flu ! Haha.

Anyway, I seem to have read so many stories about ladies who have low hCG levels and carry on having periods even though they're pregnant and then don't find out til they're like 6 months into pregnancy. And I read stories where people don't realise they're pregnant til labour ! A lot of people on other forums and places like Yahoo! Answers also report on having low hCG levels which means that when they used HPTs they didn't pick up the hormone til they were about 8 weeks into pregnancy.

I'm terrified that this is going to happen to me and I'll end up doing a test about every 3 days for weeks on end just in case !

Has anyone else heard any stories similar to the ones I've heard ?

Thank you, and babydust and hugs to all ! x :kiss:

Yes I have. The show on TLC "I didn't know I was Pregnant" freaks me out, as well I know someone who did not find out until 3 weeks before the baby arrived.
I also am scared this could happen to me because I have hormonal imbalance issues...but I think it is quite unlikely since I am TTC under the guidance of a doctor.

I also have the same fear. I volunteered at a pregnancy center and many Manu women were 4 to 5 months along and never got a positive hpt. They had to get bloodtests. It's alarming how common it is and I do not want it to happen to me either

I've had experience with this before. Honestly I'm not sure If I was 6 weeks or 12 weeks along when I miscarried. But November 27 2009 I had my normal period, Missed december, and spotted january 3rd for one day, and spotted for one day again at the very end of january for one day. I finally went to the doctor after months of negative test and got a blood test and confirmed I was pregnant, 2 weeks later I miscarried a week before getting an ultrasound. It's hard not knowing if im that woman that doesnt get positive HPT's especially when my period is late like it was last week (8 days) when I never have over a 30 day cycle. Its also hard not knowing how far along I was, since I bleed saturday morning I couldnt get an ultrasound till monday, by that time everything was expelled. I know there was so much clotting and very painful cramps and heavy bleeding.

I had a period on Sept 19 and didn't test positive until November 1...6wks and a day later but it was a faint BFP (I had tested 3 times previously, 4.1wks, 5wks and 5.3wks) . I ended up cramping the next afternoon and the bleeding started that night. I passes the tissue on Nov 4 and tested BFN Nov 5. I have alread read other womens threads where they didn't test BFP until later and they also ended with a mc. I was hoping it wasn't true for me but I honestly expected it....I felt somthing wasn't right with the pregnancy.

Ah no, FriendlyFace ! I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you the BEST of luck for a quick conception and a very sticky bean !! I hope that this time you KNOW that everything is right ! I have a massive feeling that I'm either already pregnant or will be very soon and that it will be a girl.. I keep having dreams about it and dreams about positive HPTs and stuff. It's pretty exciting :) Goodluck and babydust !! xx

Thanks to everyone else for their opinions and stories too. It seems that it's not just me who's worrying about this then ! At least I don't feel alone any more, even though I'm now about worried about it being so common. Argh ! Haha.

Vi x

Ok so i dont know what to think
i have had test come out negative, but im a diabetic and im still having a period but somethings been off for a couple months now.:nope: not right at all. well just recently I started feeling movments in my stomach almost as if a baby is in there?:wacko: My husband thinks im going crazy and i dont feel like he is supporting me at all, he says its because i want to feel it, when i hate to say it i dont like feeling sick to my stomach all the damn time, or feeling like all i want to do it sleep:sleep::sick: not to mention the two little boys i was baby sitting kept saying your having a little boy. Im terribly confused and need some advice?​

I feel like this is happening to me!!

I am currently 11 days late, LMP was 4/30
Tested BFN this afternoon (2MU)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back