Low hcg

Weebles

Reaction score
I got my BFP on 10/21 but I haven't officially joined this forum because my blood hcg that day was only 15. I was so excited but when they called me with the results the nurse was very sullen sounding, told me it was very very low, and that I would need to come back next week to be redrawn. I called Monday asking if I could pick up the orders but was told that I really needed to wait a full week.

I was kind of sad at first, the office either thinks it's not a viable pregnancy or that it's left over hcg from my trigger shot. That's not what my heart feels but it still has me worried. Google doesn't make me feel much better either. Please tell me what you ladies think.

I triggered on cd 14 and O'd cd 15. Tested out the trigger, negative FRER On 10 dpo. Didn't test again until 14 dpo and it was a fait BFP. (Hcg 15) Digi that day was negative. Two more FRERS and there is obvious line progression. Digi today says pregnant and it's a less sensitive test. (Rated at 50 although FRER is rated at 25 and picked up 15) I'm fairly certain I implanted on cd 9, my temps have been higher ever since..

So wouldn't hcg at 15 just 5 days after implantation make sense?? Am I missing something in regards to how hcg doubles? They're very careful not to say anything to get my hopes up. My gut is telling me that they believe they'll have to give me bad news about my results this coming Thursday. I think they are not considering me officially pregnant even though it's consistent with very early pregnancy.

Sorry this is so long, these have been my thoughts the past few days. I think it's just early but I want that phone call saying, "Yes, you're pregnant!"

With my 7 year old my first lot of Hcg was 20- they said I wasn't pregnant, but it has to start somewhere. The fact that you have progression is a good sign. Good luck!

Thank you! That is exactly what I am hoping for.

I would say it starts somewhere. They shouldn't doubt viability based off your baseline #

Thank you! That is exactly what I am hoping for.

I tested my blood HCG on the day of my missed period (13DPO) and it was only 12... I feel like I might have implanted 11DPO (maybe??) today it's up to 299 (18DPO). I'm new to this but every website that I've been on that calculates HCG doubling says I'm normal. I don't know much about trigger shots but yours was higher than mine when I first tested so I'm sure you are on the right track!

Oh hun try not to think too much into the level now. Have you had the second test done yet I would imagine that would give them more of an indication as they would see if the HCG has doubled.

Wishing you lots of luck xxx

Thank you all so much. I won't get my second draw until Thursday and that feels like it's eons away. I keep POAS but it's nice to hear something hopeful.

Glad you feel a little better xxx keep us informed x

Weebles-- cautious congratulations! When I had my first blood draw the office said that anything over 10 would be "pregnant", but that they feel most confident when it's over 30. But they were very clear that the baseline number has little to no information without the health of the pregnancy without a comparison number. I'm surprised they're making you wait a week. That's so annoying. They could have done a repeat draw 2 days later to see progression. Grrr.

That's pretty much how I feel, MissDoc! A week Is such a long time when only 48 hours would be necessary. It makes me think they could be leaning more towards thinking it's from my trigger shot instead of being nonviable. I guess that's something but don't they know I tested it out?? I'm so frustraited but that's better than being overly worried. Grr exactly!

Hi weebles,
I just had a blood draw at 13dpo that came back at 61. My ob wasn't happy with that but a second draw a little bit less than 3 days later (it was about 66 he later) showed a count of 320 with doubling time of 27 hours. The first number doesn't matter without a second to compare.

Seriously, what sil said. Congrats Weeble!! So glad for you! I think you'll be fine (and I think they're cruel for making you wait).

Have you been POAS any more? Maybe that can assuage your worries a bit?

Weeble, see my ticker. My hcg was 15 the day of my positive test too. It has to start somewhere. It is totally unnecessary and ridiculous to make you wait 1 week for a repeat and until you have the number to compare it to they should not comment on the viability of your pregnancy.

However in the mean time, if hpt's are progressing and you don't have any bleeding/cramping I would have hope it's progressing as it should. GL!

id call back and tell them you want another BETA and not a week from now!

Wish 85, I should've been more clear, the office didn't tell me outright that it might not be viable, that was just the tone of voice coupled with saying that it was very very low.. However, your hcg is rising fantastically and your sigi gives me a lot of hope.

Greeeeeen! I haven't seen you in forever!

I've been POAS to hold me over until I can get redrawn. The lines are so far progressing. I don't get how some ladies can have such a high number so early on even with accounting for implantation differences but I like what all of you are saying... It has to start somewhere! I'll be sure to update. Thanks everyone!

Wish 85, I should've been more clear, the office didn't tell me outright that it might not be viable, that was just the tone of voice coupled with saying that it was very very low.. However, your hcg is rising fantastically and your sigi gives me a lot of hope.

Greeeeeen! I haven't seen you in forever!

I've been POAS to hold me over until I can get redrawn. The lines are so far progressing. I don't get how some ladies can have such a high number so early on even with accounting for implantation differences but I like what all of you are saying... It has to start somewhere! I'll be sure to update. Thanks everyone!

Oh I see, I must have got a little ahead of myself, sorry :blush: I'm glad my sigi gives you hope! I have a good feeling for you. If you want some extra hope, my hcg level for my son also 11dpo was 9 so even less and it was a successful pregnancy! Keep us updated!

Alright, good news! Hcg today was 301 with a doubling time of 33 hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->