Low platelet..Help please!

Wish

Reaction score
I understand it's common in pregnancy and with twin pregnancy i went as low as 50, they were confused to do my c-section..... after delivery i was ok and platelet started to raise slowly until yesterday during a painfull visit to A&E because of extremely bad cramps of stomach and abdomen they found out that my platelets were low again now very low but low than the average limit......i wonder what could it mean???i asked them and they said WE DON'T KNOW:shrug: have to investigate furthur.:dohh:......any advice or any experiences would be of great appriciation!:thumbup:
Thanks Ladies

what further tests do they have planned for u?did they tell u what ur other blood results were?
i would ask for any further tests to be carried out as soon as possible
:hugs:

they did LFT's and some artri test which came fine, only the platelets were low.
I am freaking out now...........they just reffered me back to my GP FOR FUTHUR THINGS. I dunno how many days would it take.....do you have any sort of information ???????

are u in the uk?if they have refered u back to ur gp i would say that it sounds as if they are not too worried or they would have got u seen by haematologists.
what was ur plt count?did they say anything about ur white blood count?
feel free to pm me if u dont want to post it all on here

it can take up to 12 weeks after giving birth for ur plt count to return to normal.

it's more like 18 weeks now :) and they just go up and down for no good reason. just sent you a pm.
glad u answered!
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back