Lower tax credits - From today!

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I got a letter saying that in March I would be receiving odd payments but the amount that I received was not being changed. However, I am now receiving £100 a month less than I did in March. My payments were already reduced by £100 after my son turned one in December.

So despite getting tax credits to help with childcare costs and my childcare costs not altering I'm now over £200 a month worse off then what I was when I went back to work in September.

O a dont even want to think about this! £200 a month would end us... How are you managing? Its awful xx

whats changed? i havent had a letter from them and am a bit worried as my payment is at the end of the month, would hate to go through the month thinking i had x coming if its not gonna :(

I heard about this. The government wants people working, but is making it hard for us to do so. Im going to struggle and although i want to work, we may be better off if i dont due to childcare costs.

My payments have not changed at all but I have not had any odd extra payments either!

I had an odd payment of £50 about a month ago and now my payments have gone from £66 per week to £32 per week. Now I'm having to fork out alot more for nursery fees and really out of pocket. I was never warned they would go down :cry:

Is this due to income noodles? Xx

there's no point in calling them either, systems are down till wednesday x

They're dropping the amount they pay towards childcare costs as well as the baby element (which obv doesn't apply to OP). I think it's going from 80% to 70% or something like that?

Thats terrible, how do you manage? You have me worried now im due money on tuesday, wonder if I will get the full amount, I hope I do. Is it just cause your back at work or is it happening to everyone? When I got my tax credits sorted out they said they would be reviewing them in april I hope that doesnt mean their going to give me less I can barely manage on what I get nevermind getting less? I know they give you less tax credits when your lo turns 1 but I didnt think it would be much. Hope you get it sorted x

Thats terrible, how do you manage? You have me worried now im due money on tuesday, wonder if I will get the full amount, I hope I do. Is it just cause your back at work or is it happening to everyone? When I got my tax credits sorted out they said they would be reviewing them in april I hope that doesnt mean their going to give me less I can barely manage on what I get nevermind getting less? I know they give you less tax credits when your lo turns 1 but I didnt think it would be much. Hope you get it sorted x

They will be reviewed every year, everybodies is x

Im expecting mine to change,you just cant seem to rely on them,I have a new house hanging in the balance.I know the baby element doesnt exist anymore but if they have taken any more than that I am gonna have to let my perfect house go :cry:

im not looking foward to the drop now that EJ has turned one tbh lol im gonna just hope and cross my fingers,

fook me.
well, just called them (closed for personalised info, but can question them).
it is all budget based from last year.
she said ;
current threshold is JOINT income of 50k - soon to be LOWERED to 40k JOINT.
so, if you earn over 40k between you = more than likely NO tax credit element (I will be telling OH to not take a rise!)
as of april 6th they will only cover 70% of childcare cost, rather than 80% and they are scrapping the baby element which is up to 12mths, £540 ish a year.
so, the governement wants us to work? (exactly what I said to the woman - we both work but that seems a little unfair - £40k doesn't go far in Surrey!!)
she said if you call after Wednesday they can give detailed info on your own situation.

I am confused by tax credits. I get £23 a week (I think) based on the earnings of 2009/2010 which was under the 50k threshold.

For the tax year 2010/2011 we will go over that 40k threshold so will they know this automatically or do I need to tell them?

Can someone explain the 70% 80% childcare cost thing to me? I don't understand. The govt pays 70/80% childcare cost? How come?

does anyone know how much you'd get for a sole income of 31.5k with no childcare costs? Or does it not work like that? I'm confused. Is it a sliding scale so there would be less if joint income was say 39k as opposed to sole of 32k?

sjminimac i get £10 a week on my ohs sole income of round about 32000, now in working we get nothing with no chilcare help , i earn around 300 a month :flower:

Im confused too as we were told ours were being reduced to £25 a week but they are still the same, £40 today? :shrug: maybe its at the end of the month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->