LTTTC #1 w/pcos - Buddies?

Hi, and welcome Maggzie I too have pcos and completely understand everything thing you are saying. We have been trying for 3 years now. Have you tried a low GI diet to help with you insulin resistance, I know loosing weight is really hard but I found eating low GI helped my cycles and weight.

Hi, yes I have to watch what I eat very carefully after the op as I get dumping syndrome very easily which is horrible! At the moment I have lost enough weight to be within the range accepted for help with infertility at the hospital but I have to wait 24 months from the operation before they will help us (or at least, so they say).

:dust: to you :flower:

Hi, and welcome Maggzie I too have pcos and completely understand everything thing you are saying. We have been trying for 3 years now. Have you tried a low GI diet to help with you insulin resistance, I know loosing weight is really hard but I found eating low GI helped my cycles and weight.

Hi, yes I have to watch what I eat very carefully after the op as I get dumping syndrome very easily which is horrible! At the moment I have lost enough weight to be within the range accepted for help with infertility at the hospital but I have to wait 24 months from the operation before they will help us (or at least, so they say).

So sorry you have to wait so long. That is really hard.

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread...I've been more of a lurker. I'm coming to terms with being DX with pcos...which sucks! :wacko: I tried metformin for a few weeks and though it seemed to help with some of my ovary pain, it was making me sick so I stopped for the past couple weeks. I started it again yesterday but I'm going to take half a pill at a time.

We're in the "whatever happens" mind frame. We are going to start trying to save for the likely hood of IVF in the upcoming winter or spring.

Good luck ladies.

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread...I've been more of a lurker. I'm coming to terms with being DX with pcos...which sucks! :wacko: I tried metformin for a few weeks and though it seemed to help with some of my ovary pain, it was making me sick so I stopped for the past couple weeks. I started it again yesterday but I'm going to take half a pill at a time.

We're in the "whatever happens" mind frame. We are going to start trying to save for the likely hood of IVF in the upcoming winter or spring.

Good luck ladies.

Metformin is horrible when you first start. After a few weeks it gets better though. Hopefully you can get to where you can stand it and it can help you get pregnant. If not, I am sorry, but good luck with IVF!

So sorry you have to wait so long. That is really hard.

yeah... well as long as they stick to what they said to me it'll be worth it

Its been awhile since I posted anything so I wanted to do an update. This cycle was on 150mg clomid 1500mg metformin 1100 bee pollen, I was worried I didnt ovulate because it didnt feel the same as last month, I had 25 day progesterone taken on the fifth and it was 41 up from 13.2 last month! Needless to say I was surprised I am hoping its a good sign!! I am currently around 9 dpo an planning to wait a few days to test so I dont drive myself crazy lol

Good luck! That sounds promising! Are you symptom spotting at all? I am 4dpiui. I will test on Father's day and have beta the day after.

I've been noticing some symptoms not sure what they mean I only have one cycle of confirmed ovulation to compare it to and this one feels different than last month. I think I ovulated on cd 18 had some cramping but not as painful as last month. My cm dried up 1 dpo-7 dpo on 8 dpo started feeling kinda wet down there when would wipe there would be small amt of cm ( sorry for tmi). My nipples have been really sore since 4 dpo on 8 dpo got a few sharp burning pains in left breast 9 dpo same in right breast 8 dpo got several sharp twinges in lower abdomen lasted on and off for 10 min at night when layed down got a few sharp pains in lower right abdomen shooting to lower pelvic area. I've been pretty tired but think I have cold stuffy/ runny nose at time when I clear throat it tastes phlemy. Im not sure what to make of all of it I want to be hopeful but I've been getting negatives for almost 4 years only positive was 1 week before I mc in 2010. I kinda dont know what to feel at the moment. Sorry this was so long

I've been noticing some symptoms not sure what they mean I only have one cycle of confirmed ovulation to compare it to and this one feels different than last month. I think I ovulated on cd 18 had some cramping but not as painful as last month. My cm dried up 1 dpo-7 dpo on 8 dpo started feeling kinda wet down there when would wipe there would be small amt of cm ( sorry for tmi). My nipples have been really sore since 4 dpo on 8 dpo got a few sharp burning pains in left breast 9 dpo same in right breast 8 dpo got several sharp twinges in lower abdomen lasted on and off for 10 min at night when layed down got a few sharp pains in lower right abdomen shooting to lower pelvic area. I've been pretty tired but think I have cold stuffy/ runny nose at time when I clear throat it tastes phlemy. Im not sure what to make of all of it I want to be hopeful but I've been getting negatives for almost 4 years only positive was 1 week before I mc in 2010. I kinda dont know what to feel at the moment. Sorry this was so long

All those sound like good symptoms for me. Your cm sounds right on track! So does everything else. How many DPO are you now?

AFM: I am starting to feel better from my cold. I am in the middle of my tww and it is going so much smoother than my last one. I am not symptom spotting because I know anything I think is a symptom is probably caused from the trigger. Let me tell you, my nipples were so sore for a little bit I couldn’t even sleep on my stomach. I can now, but they are still sensitive. Yikes! My beta is Monday, but I am going to POAS Sunday and hope I have a great Father’s Day present for DH. It will take a miracle.

I am currently 13dpo im due for at thurs, I am pretty afraid to test, now im not even experiencing anything that I think I should if I was preggo. My nips are only very slightly tender not as much as before, anything else im feeling I cant really count because I am definately sick, even losing my voice :( my cm even dried up again. Last cycle I was wet the whole tww in abundance up to af. I am so confused I have never been so scared to poas before im just waiting lol

The TWW is so frustrating. Last cycle I was constantly worried and peeing on sticks and what not, it drove me crazy. This month I decided not to care. I am not symptom spotting, I am not testing, nothing. I am in a much better mental state. We will see how I am when I finally test Sunday though. AF should be here Sunday or Monday if she holds out a little.

Hi all, i know its been months since my last post, but i have been lurking, I have caught up on where you are all at and now I would like to update you on where im at. Well, in short, nowhere!! I had 4 cycles on chlomid, ovulated each time, just no BFP :( . so, in March after my last chlomid attempt I enquire what the next steps were as far as what they would offer, they advised there would be a DR consultation, and tehy they would consider IUI/IVF, I was not (and still am not) ready for this step yet, so I told the DR's and nurses at the fertility clinic that I just wanted 6 months off to recover physically, and to work on myself and DH (diet and exercise),3 months in I am finally motivated to get started. (EEEK) I have started taking metformin, and Multivitamins, I am using a diet from my Private health fund and am committing to 30 min per day of exercise, eventually work up from there) welcome to the newbies and Hi to all the regulars!

Good for you! I am so sorry the Clomid didn't work, but I am proud that you listened to what you needed for yourself. I hope you enjoyed your break and props for working on getting better physically and emotionaly. This journey can be so hard. I am also so excited that you are ready to try again. Good luck! I hope you get your BFP soon!

I am currently 13dpo im due for at thurs, I am pretty afraid to test, now im not even experiencing anything that I think I should if I was preggo. My nips are only very slightly tender not as much as before, anything else im feeling I cant really count because I am definately sick, even losing my voice :( my cm even dried up again. Last cycle I was wet the whole tww in abundance up to af. I am so confused I have never been so scared to poas before im just waiting lol

How are you doing? Did you test? Did the :witch: get you? I hope you are OK.

I did test at 14dpo and it was a bfn, today is 16dpo and I started spotting I am pretty sure it is AF so I am out this month. I am pretty thankful that at least our biggest issue is corrected (me ovulating) so maybe it will just take a few months, I'm trying to stay positive. I am praying this is your month!!!!

I did test at 14dpo and it was a bfn, today is 16dpo and I started spotting I am pretty sure it is AF so I am out this month. I am pretty thankful that at least our biggest issue is corrected (me ovulating) so maybe it will just take a few months, I'm trying to stay positive. I am praying this is your month!!!!

Getting you ovulating is such a big step! Hopefully the next few months bring you your BFP. Sorry this month wasn't it.

I don't feel pregnant AT ALL. I test in two days. I am so scared.

Getting you ovulating is such a big step! Hopefully the next few months bring you your BFP. Sorry this month wasn't it.

I don't feel pregnant AT ALL. I test in two days. I am so scared.
How did the testing go? I hope you got good news!

hi all,

just passing through to say hi and to let yall know what is happening with me...

well which is actually nothing...today is cd 44 and cd 34 on the met...
nothing is happening ...creamy cm some days and not some days...
my temps seem higher but not sure if i ovulated....

i am thinking i havent since there is no af....
not sure what to do at this point...

the only other thing is nipples seem sore and sometimes sharp pains in the left side and then there is nothing else after that...

i have my next gyne apt on july 08th...
i dont feel like testing cause i dont want to c a bfn...

tired of c n bfn...:nope:

anyway how yall ladies doing?

so crazybaby....i read on some post that one of the ladies started spotting during the time of af and still tested afterwards and got a bfp...

so maybe still take one last more test in a few days and c ok

good luck to u and the rest of the ladies

how long have yall cycles been while on the met?

I got AF this weekend. We are done TTC. It is really hard, but I think we may be moving toward adoption. DH is thinking about talking about it. We don't have the money right now becuase of our two years of medical treatments to try and have a baby, so we are probably going to have to wait two years before we can start that process. I really hope it doesn't take that long, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->