LTTTC #1 w/pcos - Buddies?

ladies

hope someone cann help/advise?
I was diagnose with pcos in Jan and been taking 1500g met since, feb and march AF turned up but its been missing 60+ days now, went to GP and she increased t mey to 3 x 850 per day so 2550? Ive been doing lots of research as it simply seems to much and found nor many people taking this amount?

any ideas? thanks and good luck xx

I started taking it about a year ago because a friend of mine was having thyroid problems and her hormones were all out of wack and she started taking bee pollen and it helped regulate her. My period regulating was an unexpected surprise, my gyn told me its good to take for general wellness. I take 1100 mg daily and it has worked for me :)

ladies

hope someone cann help/advise?
I was diagnose with pcos in Jan and been taking 1500g met since, feb and march AF turned up but its been missing 60+ days now, went to GP and she increased t mey to 3 x 850 per day so 2550? Ive been doing lots of research as it simply seems to much and found nor many people taking this amount?

any ideas? thanks and good luck xx

I know for some people the metformin regulates them. However for me it doesn't. I honestly haven't noticed it doing anything for me except increase my bathroom visits. I am only on 1500, I know people with diabetes that are on 2000 but I haven't talked to anyone higher than that. In order for my cycles to be regulated I needed something specificly for that. The thought with metformin is that if you can control the inselin issue then your hormons will balance out and you will be regulated. It doesn't directly fix your cycle. Are you TTC or just trying to get a more regular cycle?

Well AF showed up today :( my cycle was longer than usual, 36 days this time. Also had a large gob of ewcm with blood in it a few hours after period showed (sorry about tmi but it was a lot and really stretchy, stretched to about 6 inches!) I have never experienced this before, not sure if its a normal thing when ovulated with clomid or what, anyone else experience this? Now I will be starting clomid 150mg on tues really hoping for a sticky bean this cycle!

So sorry AF got you. I hope the 150 work wonders. Good luck.

I tested yesterday at 9dpo, BFN.

So my beta was negative, suprise, but our DR has aproved us to move to an injectable cycle. I have my class on how to use them Friday at 1130. Now praying hubby can get an extended lunch so he can be there.

Karen what injections are you doing? If its the gonal or follistem it isn't bad! I pych myself out everytime I try to inject myself...but its not bad at all. The only thing that sucks for me is the cost of the meds and going to the doctor all the time to check the follicles. I go to the doctor 3-4 times a week just to check my follicles. :( but hopefully in the end it'll be worth it!

I am not sure what they are going to put me on. I forgot to ask until right after I hung up the call. I will probably find out at my class on Friday. I can’t wait! DH will be giving me the shots. I am not worried about getting them, but I am worried that he will be too scared to give them to me. :haha: The hard part for us is the cost as well, that is why it has taken us to long to get here. We will figure it out some how though. I am just really excited to move on and try something stronger. Also, the doc gave us a 25% chance of conceiving on this new protocol! I am so excited about that. I hope he wasn’t being too optimistic because most people have a 15-20% chance, but he said ours are 25%. Let’s hope so!

good luck!! I really hope its a sticky bean this time for you!!

Thanks! I hope so too. I was thinking it was going to be like $3000, but it looks like it will be closer to $5000. Yikes! I am doing Menopur. This better work, we can't afford this vary many times.

Holy crap!!! That's a lot! I thought $200 was a lot! :( I hope you only have to do it once! Good luck!

Hi! Ltttc #1 since 2006 here! I was diagnosed in 2009 with pcos and learned I wasn't ovulating. Did one round of met and femara, no O did 1 round of met and clomid 100 mg no O and 2 rounds of met and 150 mg of clomid no O. Gave up started seing new RE in 2011 1500 mg met and 200 mg clomid and I O'd for the first time but bfn. Second cycle same dose bfp! Mc at 6 weeks :(. Cycle 3 no response, cycle 4 no response, cycle 5 metformin increased and clomid stayed the same and I O'd but bfn. Cycle 6 starts tomorrow!

Hi! Ltttc #1 since 2006 here! I was diagnosed in 2009 with pcos and learned I wasn't ovulating. Did one round of met and femara, no O did 1 round of met and clomid 100 mg no O and 2 rounds of met and 150 mg of clomid no O. Gave up started seing new RE in 2011 1500 mg met and 200 mg clomid and I O'd for the first time but bfn. Second cycle same dose bfp! Mc at 6 weeks :(. Cycle 3 no response, cycle 4 no response, cycle 5 metformin increased and clomid stayed the same and I O'd but bfn. Cycle 6 starts tomorrow!

Welcome! We are in similar situations! I hope round six works for you! Feel free to ask any questions you have.

:witch: got me today . That is ok though because we have our appointment to start the injectables today! I hope it goes well. I am not too worried, just a little nervouse. We have decided if this round doesn't work we are taking a break. We have been TTC with medical assistance for over a year now and DH is worn out. He can't take the stress, which I understand. We are going to take some time to work on getting healthy physically, mentaly, and emothionaly. Maybe think about and save up for IVF or adoption.

:witch: got me today . That is ok though because we have our appointment to start the injectables today! I hope it goes well. I am not too worried, just a little nervouse. We have decided if this round doesn't work we are taking a break. We have been TTC with medical assistance for over a year now and DH is worn out. He can't take the stress, which I understand. We are going to take some time to work on getting healthy physically, mentaly, and emothionaly. Maybe think about and save up for IVF or adoption.

Oh honey good luck with the injectables! Last cycle my RE added the trigger shot because I was ovulating really late on Clomid. I am doing it again this cycle, they don't hurt. I give them to myself in the tummy with an insulin needle and I don't feel a thing! We are going to give medical assistance at least a year (of regular ovulation) then we are going to call it quits. It has been almost 7 years and we are getting tired. Giving up isn't something we want to do, but you do come to the point where u either give up or start looking at other ways to parent, such as adoption.

Exactly. I have done four Ovidrell shots and CD15. Last IUI I actually ovulated without it on CD13. I just hope DH does a good job of massaging the medsin so they don't form lumps on my bum. :haha:

Exactly. I have done four Ovidrell shots and CD15. Last IUI I actually ovulated without it on CD13. I just hope DH does a good job of massaging the medsin so they don't form lumps on my bum. :haha:

Lol at least your hubby will give you the shot! Mine couldn't give me the trigger. My RE's nurse tried to train him but he couldn't handle it lol. That's why I have myself the shot. Good luck, I hope this is it for you!

With the Ovidrell I did two and he did two. The nurse on the phone said since they are in my but, I won't be able to reach and he has to do it. I hope he can. He is a woose too.:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->