Lunar Cycles

doodledaisy

Reaction score
So, after failing miserably to get fertility friend to work on my mobile, I sorted it out on my laptop yesterday... noticed that it puts in when there are new moons and full moons in the calendar.

After a bit of googling, I found out that women's cycles historically used to synch with the moon - menstruation coinciding with the new moon and ovulation coinciding with the full moon. Can happen less so now with artificial lighting etc, but still happens.

So then I looked at my last few cycle dates and guess what? I'm pretty much in synch with the moon!!! Has totally blown my mind... I had no idea this was a thing!!! :dohh:

Today is the 25th August and is the first day of the new moon... I'm expecting AF to turn up v soon as have only had BFNs this month. Wondering if she will come today?

Anyone else expecting AF today or in the next couple of days if no BFP?

Sorry if this has been talked about before or is common knowledge, I'm genuinely fascinated by this discovery!

xxx

I didn't know about this.

I have my first proper day of AF today. Painful witch is definitely here!x

Oooh Tink_, maybe we'll end up being moon buddies, lol!!!

AF still not here for me yet, but feel her brewing :witch:

Last cycle i came on 2 days after the new moon, month before the day of and month before that 2 days after... so by that, def expecting AF today.

But with how confusing my body is at the mo, who knows!!!

xxx

I O'ed yesterday I think - could it be lunar ? Hmm, I think I will google this :p

Could be, I'm sure I read that it can be the other way around as well - ovulation on a new moon and menstruation on a full moon. According to Fertility Friend the next full moon is on 9th September, so if no bfp for you this month (fingers crossed you do!), it would be interesting to see if AF shows up around the 9th.

If you find anything interesting MolGold, let us know!!! xxx

That's really interesting, I never knew anything like that. I think we need to have a gander and find out.

Hi Emilie - I guess it could just be coincidence? But let us know what you find out!!! xxx

My bday is on the 9th :) so yes no AF will make a nice Bday gift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->