Lunch

MissRhead

Reaction score
Just been reading through the meal planning thread which I love btw great idea :flower: for those who are at home during the day what do you have for lunch and what do you make LO? I tend to just make sandwiches or if theirs leftovers from the night before reheat and have that, my LO gets bored with the same things over and over so what do you do? X

I make a batch of soup on a Sunday and we'll have that a couple of days a week, other days we have sandwiches/rolls, quiche, sometimes leftovers from dinner the night before, sometimes sausage rolls (if I can be bothered to make them which isn't very often!), savoury pancakes or an omelette.

Sandwiches, pasta, soup, Tosted sandwiches, baked beans... Quite boring

Nothing exciting here either. Poppy loves cheese sandwiches so she mostly has that. We do soup (although i hate the mess so i have to be in the mood) Beans and scambled egg. cheese on toast. Crumpets is nice although its more of a breakfast thing i like it for dinner. For a while i did have pitta bread and cheese spread ect. I get bored of dinners too seems like the same old thing all the time.

Im awful for lunch, iv always been a 1 meal a day kinda girl. we always go for something snacky, bread sticks/ pitta and hummous, cobs/ wraps / sandwiches. Occasionally we have omlettes, pancakes etc. Soup i love but oh and LO not so much so i can never be bothered to make it just for myself. Our current fave is breadsticks and soft cheese or tuna mayo dip and pittas Or garlic buttered tortillas with pickle dip and veggies with a yogurt dip.both LO and OH are fussy eaters but the above they both agree on, im easy i eat anything i just tend to forget.

I did find a recipie for pizza balls online so will try that soon.
Love to get some other gun ideas.

I quite like:
- cous cous (can have with leftover chicken, veggies, chop up some salady stuff)
- Veg crudites, breadsticks and dips (this is quite light) My OH really likes celery with cream cheese or some pickle in the middle with this as well
- Dark salad leaves (rocket and/or spinach), cannelini beans, and tomatoes, with either tuna, chicken or egg (this sort of salad is fairly customisable
- any sort of chickpea or bean salad
- baked potatoes

Then the obvious leftovers, sandwiches, pitta, wraps etc

I think I'm going to do jacket potato today, my LO is really fussy so I find it really hard to find things he will eat. Pizza balls sound good!
Omelettes are also a good idea, my LO actually likes those with tomatoes and mushrooms in!
X

Hot lunch:

Soup, baked potato, scrambled/boiled egg/omlette, sausage and beans, beans on toast, cheese on toast, pasta tortellinis

Cold lunch:

Sanwiches or picky things like olives, crackers, cheese, tomatos, nuts, humous etc..

It's just me at home for lunch on weekends so I will do myself jacket tattie with philly or beans on toast. I am really funny about lunches, I'm not overly keen on sandwiches and it takes me ages to decide what to have but at weekends we do have sandwiches as it's the easiest option to make for everyone.

If I have leftovers from the previous dinner I'll have some of that. Otherwise I might have a small jacket potato with houmous or cottage cheese, or a sandwich, or some soup, I always have salad in the fridge which I have with everything. The kids are in school so they usually take a packed lunch of sandwiches, yogurt, piece of fruit and a drink. Or if it's really cold I like them to have dinner money so they get a hot meal x

I had a pot noodle yesterday for lunch :blush: couldn't be bothered.

Normally I like a sweet potato, baked with salad and beans. Or beans on toast. Or scrambled eggs

My youngest is at home with me, she likes toast, beans, tinned pasta shapes, fish fingers and veg. She's so fussy though, will be stalking this thread!

I had a pot noodle yesterday for lunch :blush: couldn't be bothered.

Normally I like a sweet potato, baked with salad and beans. Or beans on toast. Or scrambled eggs

My youngest is at home with me, she likes toast, beans, tinned pasta shapes, fish fingers and veg. She's so fussy though, will be stalking this thread!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I want a pot noodle now :haha:

Dinner leftovers, toast, grilled sandwich, pasta salad. Lately OH has been cooking us a fry up when he comes home for lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->