m/c on 8.27.10

enniejennie

Happily PG with #2
Reaction score
I am so nervous, I just had a natural M/C on 8/27/10 @ 6+2. My HCG levels went form 290 on Friday to 20 today. I have to get tested again in 10 days to make sure they have gone back down to 0. My doctor said I do not need a D&C because of my levels dropping so quickly. Can I start trying right away to get P/G again? I forgot to ask my doctor today when I was there today. :dohh: I am so nervous about what is going to come in the next couple of months. :shrug: I want to try and get in better shape and start working out right away and start eating heathier so maybe this next one will stick!

hey hun... with as early as you were it really depends most dr's want you to wait at least one cycle before trying again... so sorry for your loss

Hi Jennie, so sorry for your loss :hugs:

After both my natural MC's with no complications I was told I could try again right away. It depends how you feel about that and whether you need time to recover, from an emotional point of view. I waited one cycle and am trying again now. You will find you are nervous but that's normal. I hope things are ok next time. :flower::hugs:

Take care
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I had a natural MC in July. My doctor said I was good to go ahead and start trying right away if we wanted. But I know some doctors want you to wait a cycle but I don't believe it is necessary. I know plenty of women who never had a period after a MC and got pregnant right away and carried full term! Good luck and I wish you the best. It's a rough road, but it does get better.:hugs:

Thank you ladies!! I think I am still a little emotional about it. I feel like I am fine through out the day then at night when I get home from work, it is all I think about and start to cry. I know it was for the better, and it happened for a reason. Good Luck to you ladies too and little beans sticking!

I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs* My doc told me that new research points toward that there is no need to wait, that when you are ready to try again. So that is what we are doing. :) Good luck!

I miscarried at around 6 weeks on the 14th of Aug. The mw told me it's best to wait at least 1 cycle for dating reasons only, but medically speaking it's fine to try again straight away. We decided to try again straight away, but so far haven't ovulated yet (some people don't in the 1st cycle after a mc).

Hi enniejennie

Sorry for you loss hun :hug:

I think the general idea now is that you try when you feel ready, advice used to be to wait, the wait one cycle is so it's easier to figure out your due date should you become preg.

I didn't wait, just on cycle 2 now, all very nerve wrecking but trying to stay positive as it don't do you no good :flower:

Here's a link about the research - have a read
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10880232

All the best x

so sorry for your loss, I too am going through a MC, though I havent actually passed anything yet, I have been told to wait for it to happen. They did tell me we could start trying straight away but to have one period first, so think thats what we will do xx

I was told to wait one cycle, more for dating purposes than anything else. We decided to wait. It turned out I just wasn't ready. My first reaction was like you, to get pg again right away... but that changed a few weeks later and we have actually waited two cycles. I feel ready now. I think.

I had a m/c July 2007 at 7 weeks - it was first pregnancy and we were gutted! We didn't wait...we went on holiday (it had already been booked) and tried our best to enjoy ourselves and being together...came back from holiday and was pregnant! I didn't really have a chance to think about if I was ready or not... I think you have to feel ready...I didn't really grief for our loss and I found it difficult later on ( after we had our son) So, take of you first...
good luck

Ladies I really appreciate all the feed back!!!! I have a very supportive who has been there for me a lot. I really don't what I would have done if he was not there with me. I thinking I am coming to terms with everything that has happened in the past 5 days and know that is was meant to happen, and it will happen and stick when it is meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->