m/c over 2 weeks ago but still super dark test? help!

AM_MUA

Reaction score
Hi.

I really need some advice right now as I'm going out of my mind.
I was around 9 weeks when I started bleeding 2 weeks ago. Then I had horrible contraction type pains and heavy bleeding for 1 day. I'm sure I passed a sac and I tiny cord. I knew it was over and I'd lost the baby. I've been bleeding ever since. More spotting than anything and for 2 days I totally stopped before spotting again. No pain since the day of m/c. I took a pregnancy test this morning and again in afternoon and one just now and all 3 times the test line comes up super dark straight away even before the control line. Shouldn't it be negative by now? Or at least a lot fainter? Do you think it might be possible I passed 1 twin and the other is still there? Or am I just wishful thinking. I know you guys are amazing and I value your advice. I just cannot stop my brain. Anyone been through this? What was the ending. Love to u all.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I think you need to see a doctor.

I agree you need to see a dr. Maybe you didn't miscarry. You need an ultrasound.

I agree you need to see a dr. Maybe you didn't miscarry. You need an ultrasound.

I think I did miscarry. I lost tissue that looked like a sac....only like it was deflated and definitely a small cord type thing. Sorry tmi

I will phone epu tomorrow and asked them. It's driving me crazy. Can't sleep.
Thanks guys x

Look at this someone posted today:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...2383656-7-weeks-lost-huge-clot-baby-okay.html

So sorry :cry: With my first loss at 13 weeks, doctors confirmed the miscarriage and told me to expect to bleed for a week or so and it should taper off. Well it didn't. I bled on and off for almost 4 months until finally I passed some tissue. The doctors had checked me and believed everything was already out of me, but it wasn't. So maybe that's what's going on with you, too. Some "product of conception" still left behind. I'd get check, because it could make you sick.

I hope you get some answers. :hugs:

You should see a doctor, especially after a MC, to make sure if it was actually a MC everything got out.
There could be another little guy in there, or maybe it wasn't a MC, or god forbid maybe an ectopic (rare but happens, twins- one miscarried the other ectopic)
I don't want to scare you, but even if everything if fine, you need to get checked after a miscarriage, or bleeding.

You should see a doctor, especially after a MC, to make sure if it was actually a MC everything got out.
There could be another little guy in there, or maybe it wasn't a MC, or god forbid maybe an ectopic (rare but happens, twins- one miscarried the other ectopic)
I don't want to scare you, but even if everything if fine, you need to get checked after a miscarriage, or bleeding.

Thank you everyone for your advice and input, it means a lot.
I was offered a scan 2 days after the m/c but I didn't go. I couldn't face seeing an empty screen. This is my 7th m/c so I thought I know how it goes and I don't need anyone to tell me. It's been the exact same as the previous 6 but I always tested negative within a few days.....That's the only difference with this one. But the tests are so strong and darker that's what's confusing me so much. I don't feel pregnant anymore either. Surely I should be getting negs by now or at least faint ones? I will phone the epu shortly and keep you updated for ladies who may be going through the same. Thanks all! X

Please go for a scan Hun it's really important so that you don't get an infection or in case you are still carrying a baby you can look after yourself. Please let us know X

Maybe you had a haematoma? Or some other issue which is what you passed and not actually a baby? I'd go and see your Dr or phone your local pregnancy unit (depending on where you live) and take it from there. Your Dr can do bloods to see if your hcg is going up or down and may book you in for a scan to be seen. When I've miscarried it's always taken around 10 days to get a negative (all between 8-11 weeks) but we're all different so it's hard to speculate hun

:flow: good luck

You definitely do need to see someone there is a small chance it could be a molar or partial Molar pregnancy. This would explain the high level of hcg. If it is this it will need sorting as soon as possible. I have had two partial Molar pregnancies and they are no joke please go see someone xx

I'm sorry Hun, I didn't know you had previous losses and I'm sorry if I said anything that might have rubbed you the wrong way :hugs:

Hugs Hun. I'm so sorry your still going through this. Stay strong. It seems unusual for tests to still be as dark, like pp said a possible explanation is a molar pregnancy. I had one once and it was a very confusing upsetting time and needed medical treatment to sort it. I understand a scan will be hard for you but at this point it's probably your best bet to find out what's going on. Hopefully very soon you will get your rainbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->