MacBooks -why?

AP

Reaction score
What's the advantages of a mac/MacBook?
I find myself wanting one :rofl: as I imagine it'd be seamless with the iPhones and iPad.
But it's not enough reason for me yet ;)

Don't you start, i want one even though i already have the iphone and ipad :lol:

I'll be going refurbished at the most, ain't got no money tree in the garden like :rofl:

I was in the apple store saying"they look so pretty!" DH said I could get one but I don't think he realised how much they were :rofl:

:rofl: how much are they refurbished? Might go and beg mummy :lol:

The Apple store has them on the website(refurbs too)and Cex do them second hand.

-IMO, easier operating system.
-You don't need to renew an antivirus every year, they don't need them.
-You can choose to upgrade your operating system online when a new debuts..and they're reasonably priced.
-Well built.

I had a HP that lasted less than a year and I've had this Macbook since 2007. I will never buy another PC.

I had problem after problem with windows, after a few months it was crashing and generally just rubbish. So prone to viruses also.

I find mac more durable, ive had mine two years and no problems with the software. I've had to have a few things replaced but apple have been very helpful in their customer service. Very prompt and reliable.

They say once you go mac, you never go back. I fully agree with this :thumbup: they are pricey but I fully think they're worth it :)

LOVE my macbook - for the reasons others have stated. I'm crap with laptops and I've had this one for over 3 years with no problems at all (fingers crossed!)

If you do go Mac take advantage of the classes available at the store. There are a few quirky things that, if you don't learn, could frustrate you.

The Mac is great for editing photos, video or audio if you're in to that kind of thing. I use Adobe Premier for video and sound editing and the program used to crash constantly on my work PC so I bought a Mac and started using that instead. No issues at all!

Macs can still get viruses, but most of them are geared towards PCs, which is why the Mac users rarely have the same issues.

i caved :blush:

Where can I find some good info on where to start? Its really new to me, gestures and stuff!

Our Mac has died as lo broke the screen and we've been to busy to take it for fixing but I think it's great! they're easier to use imo and get viruses less, they also look nicer :haha:

I just started playing around with mine to figure it out and my mate also helped as well.

Like another poster mentioned, the classes are useful but I believe it's appointment only and they fill up fast.

I also use the apple site to search questions I have too. It's pretty helpful.

I sat for
15 mins working out how to delete a file. This is gonna take some getting used to but I really love it

Slightly cheeses I have to pay for apps I already have on my iPad though.

If you have any problems with the workings of it feel free to PM me - i don't work for Apple or anything but i seem to know a bit about them. I've only had my Pro for 1 year but prior to having that my mum had a Mac and i've been troubleshooting for her for the last 10 years, even though i'd never used one before last year lol.

Which type have you got? I got a 13" Pro with basic memory etc so that if i want to upgrade i can do easily. My shell for it is one of the best things i've done for it as not long after getting it LO pulled it off the sofa and dented it.

It annoys me too that you have to purchase the apps on it again. I wouldn't be without it though. I also love the fact that i am set up as the admin and OH and Daniel have their own accounts - i can allow Daniel to play and not worry that he'll ruin anything on it lol

I decided on the air, just the 11inch. I almost went for the pro but it was so much heavier and to be honest we need portability in the house and able to hide things (Alex loves stuff like this :dohh:) I thought I'd regret it and want a pro but it suits my needs after all!

I honestly thought I'd get home and think its too small, but it's so damn perfect and I don't strain like I would on a windows notebook!

ooh cases, need one!

You will need to charge the air a lot - we have the computer on all the time - i basically just close it rather than log right out as i can't be bothered lol. I use it probably 2-4 hours every day and i need to charge it every other day at the most. The Air's battery life is a lot shorter than the Pro.

Macs work end of.

How long did it take before your last computer/laptop running windows went wrong or started running really slowly?

Mac dont do that as they work differently.

Its incredibly difficult to get viruses on a mac unlike a PC

Once you get used to them they are more intuitive to use

Ultimately you can store more on them and retrieve the data more quickly than a PC because of the way a mac stores information

Chuck
I bought a Dell a good while back and there was dead pixels on the screen from the off! And they wouldn't exchange it because "it's normal".
So I'm converted !

DH bought me my 13" pro for christmas after I've been wanting one for YEARS and I think I was more excited than when we got engaged :haha: He's even named, Marty the Mac :blush:

I am in love with it, the screen, the user interface, everything is just so much better. Its just annoying that in the UK most people use windows so sharing files can sometimes be a pain. If you do use it wok document or anything Pages is a great app that means you can open word pages and save word versions of your documents.

A case is definitely a must, we have a lovely purple on on ours so we don't get dints and scratches on it so it looks like this https://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/b/0/0/134/e/AAAAC9c8Fm0AAAAAATTvcQ/see-thru-satin-soft-touch-hard-shell-case--purple--for-15-macbook.jpg?v=1299289303000

Or you can get some very cool decals like these

https://emkwangear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/colorful-iron-man-macbook-decal-2.jpg
https://boozeburgersandbeats.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/bmario-yoshi-decal1.jpg
https://supdec.info/catalog/images/Cool-Macbook-Sticker-14.jpg

:flower:

Our MacBook is 5 years old and still going strong, never have any problems, never goes wrong, super fast, we have been through a windows laptop and a pc in that time, laptop doesn't work anymore and the pc is nothing but trouble!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->