Main presents for 4 year old boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
So, in my head we had Hayden's main presents sorted - tablet from us and Gup X from Father Christmas. Then I changed my mind about the tablet, as I realised there are a limited number of years he will be interested in toys and all the time in the world for gadgets / tech. Then the BBC store cancelled our Gup X order as it went out of stock and they don't know when they will get more. We have found a few on other sites, but they are way overpriced, and I hate even paying full price for anything, never mind paying over the odds for something because it's hard to get hold of.

He loves the Octonauts, but now has most of the toys he wants after his birthday last month. He likes lego, but the bigger sets are no good as he is prone to losing interest half way through building the more complicated small sets we have. And we've got him a box of assorted bricks already. He likes cars, but already has a box full of various die casts, and an elc garage. He's quite interested in superheroes, and only has a few spiderman things, but I'm just not sure he likes them enough to make it his main present.

So, bit stuck! Any ideas? What are your boys getting?

this year he's not really getting anything big, his main is the kiddizoom camera and toy story toys!

Thanks, to be honest it doesn't have to be big, just something he will love. He's got a kiddizoom and they both love it.

My ds is 4 in November and we're not really doing a big present but a few bigger things I guess - playmobil fire engine, hexbug set, disney infinity 1.0, silver radio controlled lightening McQueen etc. then some general jake toys, cars, books, costumes etc.

My boys are 4.5 and 2. The most played with toys in this house is anything Imaginext, especially the bat cave (old style) and the castle. They are love the bat mobile and police car. My LO has bat cave and jokers funhouse and is getting the Gotham city jail off Santa. There love for superheros has definately increased over past few months. LO is also getting marvel mashers and ninja turtle characters for christmas and lego

I love Imaginext - we got him the yellow submarine as a bit of an extra last year, as it was a bargain on Amazon and it turned out to be one of his favourite things! He and his 18 month old sister play with it all the time. Trouble is, most of the superhero stuff is Batman and he's a bit wary of him. I think it's because he's a bit darker and more menacing than other superheroes! Might look into some of the other stuff, though. Was thinking of getting a Superman figure, not sure about the bigger playset.

He played with a robot at a friend's house the other day and is now saying he would like a robot with controls (remote / radio controlled). Any recommendations?

My 4 year old twins had this for their birthday with a Spider-Man costume it was a big hit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Man-A7407-Force-Web-Blaster/dp/B00F02D74O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415141352&sr=8-1&keywords=spider-man+disc

Also Playmobil Noah's ark
They also got a tablet each.

What about
Hex bugs
Hot wheels
Bike
Scooter
Disney infinity (not tried my 2 on computer games yet)
Disney planes
Meccano

I'm running out of ideas as they already have so many toys.

Colin is getting:

Furnished Playmobil School
Playmobil Playground
Playmobil School BUs
Lego Seaside house
Lego table I'm making with an Ikea table and lego base plates
Lego Ideas collection books
Lego Play book

Think I will get a few more small things but that is most of what he's getting.

My boy will be 4 just after Christmas and for his main present he is getting a tv/DVD for his room, he has asked for one for ages and it will stop the arguing with his brother when he uses his tv!!

DS3 (4, will be 5 in march) is really into imaginext superheroes. He has the bat cave (main present 2 christmases ago), the jail, mr freezes HQ (both from last Christmas). This year he is getting superman to go with it.
His main present will be a tablet. The older ones are getting tablets and he enjoys using mine so it seemed a bit unfair to get them one and not him.

At 4 there isn't really anything expensive enough to really call a main present that he would like, he's already got a tablet and there's no other technology he needs, and the toys he's into just aren't that expensive.

Size wise and money wise the biggest thing we've got is the large £40 cabbie from the disney store, he also has a large castle with knights which were a similar price, everything else is just presents ranging from £2-£25 really. But I guess when you're that age you get excited by the large present don't you, which the 2 I've just mentioned will be.

How about a scooter or bike?
Marble run?

Another option on a tablet would be to go for a leappad?

That said I wouldn't worry too much about a "main" present in my eyes their "main" present is the thing they ask Santa for so in this house its a "Dusty for my bath and a Cabbie"

This is William's list if it is any help to you:

Main - Leapreader and books
Kidizoom Camera
Smart Snacks Ice Cream set
Wooden alphabet puzzle
Playmobil Shuttle Bus
Crayola white board and pens set
Leapreader spelling card set
Ikea circus tent (share with his brother)

I highly recommend the Leapreader, I set it up already and had a play with it. It is brilliant and my son is going to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"