Maintenence, how much does he give you?

as i said im hoping that he will pay maintenence, but he is really bad with money, is it worthwhile for me to get his national insurance number incase i do need to go to CSA, as i would currently have access to it?

xx

A quick question. Naturally if you are on benefits, the Government will ask who the father is and then will use the CSA to claim money from him, BUT if we decided to do a private agreement ourselves, and I tell the Government how much he is paying a week, will they still decide to go via the CSA if they think it is not enough? it is only because whilst i am on benefits I wont get all the money so i would rather he paid me say £20 a week which wont affect my benefits and i can declare that to the Jobcentre and then if I need anything extra he will pay for it but if I go via CSA he will have to pay £70 which I wont get, and he will probably moan and groan when i say we need extra money for bits and bobs even though he will be paying money to the Government. I hope that makes sense!

you can arrange a private agreement with him and then tell the jobcentre, its best if you can do it that way to be honest, my case is still with CSA 18 months on and i havent seen a penny! xx

My ex refuses to work so I get absolutely nothing..He said when I first found out I was pregnant I was 'only keeping the brat to take him to CSA for all hes got' (he's never had money the whole time I was with him he was always taking mine!!) And now he refuses to get a job because of taking money off him. I've told him I don't want anything off him but he's started being such a nob (excuse my language) the last few weeks I may as well get the £5 a week I'm entitled to!! (It'll buy my baby a bag of nappies - woooo!! :happydance: NOT!!!!)
The government SUCK!!

A quick question. Naturally if you are on benefits, the Government will ask who the father is and then will use the CSA to claim money from him, BUT if we decided to do a private agreement ourselves, and I tell the Government how much he is paying a week, will they still decide to go via the CSA if they think it is not enough? it is only because whilst i am on benefits I wont get all the money so i would rather he paid me say £20 a week which wont affect my benefits and i can declare that to the Jobcentre and then if I need anything extra he will pay for it but if I go via CSA he will have to pay £70 which I wont get, and he will probably moan and groan when i say we need extra money for bits and bobs even though he will be paying money to the Government. I hope that makes sense!

They won't ask you to go through the csa, the csa wasn't even mentioned to me when I completed my claim. Btw since last year the law has changed and you don't have to tell them about any money you are receiving from your child's dad. If you do tell them they will reduce the amount of income support you receive, so be warned.

My ex was forced by court to finally give me child support. And how they work it here in Canada, is they go by his income and they also checked his taxes, and then the figure out a certain percentage from that.

They won't ask you to go through the csa, the csa wasn't even mentioned to me when I completed my claim. Btw since last year the law has changed and you don't have to tell them about any money you are receiving from your child's dad. If you do tell them they will reduce the amount of income support you receive, so be warned.

I was told that when I inform social that my baby has arrived and send them the birth certificate that I will be asked to name the father and they will go via CSA if I don't have my own private arrangement as the Government set up the CSA to make fathers pay for their child/children, and I know I am entitled to £20 a week from the father without it effecting my benefits hence why I would prefer to just tell them I have my own arrangement via direct debit and he just pays me £20 a week and if i need extra he can give that to me without moaning via cash etc! Whereas if the CSA contacts him he will have to pay around £70 a week and £50 of that I won't be getting so if I ask him for extra money for things he is more likely to moan he cannot afford it after giving the CSA £70 a week!

My ex also refuses to work, and he gets the single person payments from Centrelink (Australia) and they based on a % of what he made and what I made and they worked it out for 2 kids he would have to pay $7.50c A WEEK for BOTH children... Sad isnt it? So when ppl are unemployed u cant really get anything, $30 a month for 2 kids. He also had the nerve to call me and complain about paying 30 a month, I just hung up on him. As I only started claiming it about 2months ago. *Shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->