Makena's fourth b-day

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
Makena turns 4 on January 4! I can't believe she will be 4. :cry: I don't know why this upset me, but I love babies and I wish I could let it last a bit longer.

Anyways...last year, she had a party of "family only" because she didn't like strangers, crowds, or even presents! She didn't even want to sit and open them. One person got offended (this was family). Duh...she has autism! That is why I chose family only because I *thought* they would all understand.

But, this year, she seems to be very into parties..and presents. We had a work Children's Christmas party, and Makena literally RAN up to Santa when her name was called, grabbed the present, ran back to us, and tore it open and screamed when she saw she got what she wanted (Dora superbabies).

So, I was thinking that this year, I should invite a couple friends to her party. How many do you think? Also, she HATES candles and will run and hide when people have candles on their cake. So, any suggestions of what I could do instead of candles? Also, she loves the Night Garden, but there is no night garden birthday stuff here...any ideas on what could be used instead???

I am not sure what to use in place of a candle? I guess you really do not need one if she is scared of them. Just sing happy birthday :) That will make her happy I am sure. I would say if she is not shy invite some kids over. I would not have too many it may overwhelm her a bit with the autism. But, you should know her better than me :)

there are loads of nightgarden stuff in toysrus.

I really dont know what to advise - but I hope it goes well and happy birthday to makena!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->